[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Wonder - The Composer of his Generation

There was a brief article in the Parade insert in today's Sunday editions with a picture of Stevie in which " . . . Paul Simon called him "the composer of his generation." With 22 Grammys, membership in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Kennedy Center Honors, and countless other awards, Stevie Wonder looms over American pop music. A child prodigy, he recorded his first No. 1 album at 13 and now, at 65, has sold more than 100 million records. His songs are the soundtrack of our lives, from wedding staple "You Are The Sunshine Of My Live" to the driving funk of "Superstition" to "Isn't She Lovely," which he wrote to celebrate his daughter Aisha's birth. . . ."

What an accomplishment we can all be proud of.

Brilliant singer and songwriter. When I first heard I Believe When I Fall In Love by Art Garfunkel I thought, what a beautiful song. Then I saw that Stevie Wonder wrote it. If you don't have the At The Close Of A Century box then you're really missing out.

Stevie has written and recorded more classic songs than perhaps anyone before him or since. I am always intrigued by how many unreleased gems he has sitting in the vaults. I guess we will not hear them until after his passing which I hope is not for a very long time, but it does make you wonder what he has in those vaults..........

Over the years, while I love Stevie Wonder's voice and musicianship, I've been more impressed with the level of songs he was able to write. Songs that years later could be interpreted by rockers [[Jeff Beck, the Rolling Stones), other R&B acts [[Jodeci, Intro, Mary J. Blige), folkers [[Art Garfunkel), hip-hoppers [[Coolio) and folk-ish R&B influenced rocking hip-hoppers lmao [[my man Ed Sheeran).

MG was the singer/voice of our generation and SW is the songwriter. Simple as that [[though one could argue SR is also the songwriter of our generation so SW has some competition lol).

I agree midnightman. Marvin had the edge vocally but no-one and I mean no-one could/can write a tune like Stevie.