[REMOVE ADS]

Cool Coming June 16 - "THE WRECKING CREW" DVD

Good News, folks! The highly-anticipated "Wrecking Crew" documentary DVD – scheduled for release on June 16 – is now available for Pre-Order on Amazon [[U.S.)! This is a 2-disc DVD set which, thankfully, is set up for Multiple formats. [[Note the cool jukebox "wallbox" front cover!) This is one documentary that I can’t wait to see [[and own) – especially the coverage of Phil Spector’s Philles era!

http://www.amazon.com/Wrecking-Crew-...crew+music+dvd

AS AN AFTER-THOUGHT, I JUST REALIZED THAT THIS TITLE WILL ALSO BE AVAILABE ON BLUE-RAY. WHEN ORDERING, THE DEFAULT IS SET FOR DVD. JUST CHANGE THE "BULLET" TO INDICATE BLUE-RAY IF YOU SO DESIRE.

- Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 04-06-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Actually, really here now and available for purchase! I'll re-post the link in case anything changed since Gary's post -

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UHJ7J8U/?tag=thesecdis-20
    http://www.deepdiscount.com/wrecking-crew/876964008549

A fantastic piece of work and a long, long time coming [[sound familiar?). Denny Tedesco worked long and hard interviewing the people he called, his dad's buddies. Then Denny spent over four years trying to secure the music rights. I first saw the doc with him and his sound engineer, Bob Bronow back in January of 2012 . They were so proud of what they'd accomplished. At the time Tedesco revealed that he'd continued filming people after the original doc was done and that he would release most of that footage when the dvd came out. Well, Denny made good on that promise and more. There's a big coffee table book and soon the soundtrack will be released too. A very full picture of popular music of the sixties and seventies is starting to emerge. Docs SITSOM, Muscle Schoals, The Wrecking Crew, Respect Yourself and The House That Ahmet Built are weaving a far more detailed history of how our favorite music came to be. Maybe the biggest story left to be told on film is the story of the UK session musicians such as Bobby Graham, Ray Cooper, John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page to name the most recognized players. There are some great surprises in that story as well.

I bought it and today it popped up on NetFlix.