[REMOVE ADS]

Marvelettes - So Glad It's Summertime

Finally, it feels like summer [[my little heart is jumping up & down - yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah) - after a long dreadful winter [[that had a hold on me).

Heard this song on my iPod this weekend and remembered how I played it non-stop when it was released on the box set a couple of years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvDOOw1W3fM

Always thought of this as real typical of the Marvelettes sound.

This track and YOU'D BETTER BEHAVE should have been singles, without a doubt!!!! A real "dropped ball" -- or two!

And yet another 'summer' gem

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Finally, it feels like summer [[my little heart is jumping up & down - yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah) - after a long dreadful winter [[that had a hold on me).

Heard this song on my iPod this weekend and remembered how I played it non-stop when it was released on the box set a couple of years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvDOOw1W3fM
    I always liked this one and so many others on this disc that featured actual Marvelettes.

Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    I always liked this one and so many others on this disc that featured actual Marvelettes.
    what about my pic
    " You can bet your bottom dollar" a true gem that should have been assigned to an album.
    Gladys was a real gem as lead singer during the early 60's in the age of innocence and before acquarius let the sunshine in.

Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    what about my pic
    " You can bet your bottom dollar" a true gem that should have been assigned to an album.
    Gladys was a real gem as lead singer during the early 60's in the age of innocence and before acquarius let the sunshine in.

It's fun to compare the two Marvelettes songs about Summer, especially since they're sung by the two different singers. I think Gladys on "So Glad it's Summertime" is the clear winner of the two. While I love Wanda's voice [[she's my favorite Motown singer), on "I Can't Wait Till Summer Comes," the song is a little too busy lyric-wise. She seems to be singing fast just to get all the words out. Both girls are in fine voice, as always, throughout each song. But I think Gladys on "So Glad" is just a betters song all round.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    It's fun to compare the two Marvelettes songs about Summer, especially since they're sung by the two different singers. I think Gladys on "So Glad it's Summertime" is the clear winner of the two. While I love Wanda's voice [[she's my favorite Motown singer), on "I Can't Wait Till Summer Comes," the song is a little too busy lyric-wise. She seems to be singing fast just to get all the words out. Both girls are in fine voice, as always, throughout each song. But I think Gladys on "So Glad" is just a betters song all round.
    I prefer Gladys' Summer, as well, just a lot of energy...but I love Wanda's Summer...now what about Martha's Summer - which was used for a car commercial last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u6vTXLccQA

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    what about my pic
    Bottom Dollar is my favorite [[it makes me holler WOW!) from the Lost & Found CD in that collection...all those songs are wonderful. Let's dance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    This track and YOU'D BETTER BEHAVE should have been singles, without a doubt!!!! A real "dropped ball" -- or two!
    You better shut up and stop your talking...

I don't wanna hear that kind of jive no more....

You better stop calling me on the telephone because the very next time you ask for me I'm gonna say "tell him I'm not home"...

Classic lines [[lol)...a great song...a great group!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsYlz7trPdU

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    You better shut up and stop your talking...

I don't wanna hear that kind of jive no more....

You better stop calling me on the telephone because the very next time you ask for me I'm gonna say "tell him I'm not home"...

Classic lines [[lol)...a great song...a great group!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsYlz7trPdU
    I love those early backgrounds...so fervent and unpolished...you just know there's no Andantes in there!

Carole's link is not available in France and neither is John's link for You Better Behave. Fortunately, I have a spare copy of the CD here!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Carole's link is not available in France and neither is John's link for You Better Behave. Fortunately, I have a spare copy of the CD here!
    Those were posted to youtube by the same person. John, try these:

You Better Behave:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftdkh70LjfU

I Can't Wait 'Til Summer Comes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OANCcAB28-I

Those links both work John

It's odd that they work in some countries and not others

Thank you.