[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Let me explain something to all of you. I have had no sleep for twenty four hours dealing with the power outage. I'm exhausted and need some sleep. The last thing I need is some petty bullshit. So please, everybody, get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Usual culprit, Roberta? Please....
    Im speaking the Gods honest truth Ralph and its obviously not what you want to hear so thats all Im going to say.

fondly,

Roberta

No Roberta. I have dealt with the Marv "vendetta" way too long. I suggest you back off.

Now please read my previous email. I'm shot. So leave it all be or I'll delete everything

Sorry I've been away for a while. big storm yesterday knocked power out. Just got it restored. Do I need to delete this thread or are we behaving?
    Nah, Ralph. It's all good.

Lol like it or not,it was all politics at Motown,no one knew The Supremes were going to be big,so when they hit,they hit big,sure Berry Gordy would tell them all b.s just to keep them in they're place,trust me he b.s Diana too,but no one at Motown liked Berry Gordy investin' they're money into Diana Ross,not Glady,not The Temptation,not Smokey,not Stevie,no one liked it,Diana leaving The Supremes was the best,it's funny tho,Motown was not ready for it,The Supremes Mary Cindy and Jean came out topping they're star Diana Ross,with Up The Ladder To The Roof,without the help of Motown pushing it,Diana Ross's Reach Out And Touch,didn't do so well,if Diana had hit,like The Supremes did,she would have had so much promotion,they did nothing for The Supremes,as far as promotion,all politics at Motown,when Thelma Houston got the Grammy at Motown,and Diana didn't,Motown did nothing for Thelma,had Diana won a Grammy for Motown,there would have been promotions all over the world,trust me,Mary and Florence was just as good as Diana,it was Berry Gordy's company,he was the boss,so if he wanted Diana to be the star,that was it,no one was gonna stand in his way,that why i have so much Respect for Mary Wilson,in the end she's has had, Success on her own,without the help of anyone,i'v seen Berry Gordy at her shows,he seems proud of her,hey supremester, you got too much time on your hands,too much postin lol smh
    Last edited by REDHOT; 05-28-2015 at 10:05 PM.

No Roberta. I have dealt with the Marv "vendetta" way too long. I suggest you back off.
    I respectfully differ with you Ralph but I will adheres to your suggestion and say no more.

have a nice rest dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

supremester Guest
    Yes, I missed JMC. I did see DMF [[too fab for words) DMC [[Rossers heaven!) Never did I see Flo, Cindy or Mary standing behind Miss Ross - I think that might have been just for TV. Anyone see it live? DMC did basically everything from TCB except Symphony[[I&^%U&^%UC$FW$). Mary had two solos but I didn't recognize the second song and still dont know what it was. I missed Flo.

Gil told me about the JML break up and how bad he felt about it because they were so easy to work with and so talented. He actually tried to get them to stay and even Motown tried. What year did you see them? Do you recall the songs?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    I only saw live JMC [[at the Americana Hotel in NYC) and they were wonderful - I loved Jean and it was she that kept my interest in the group after Diana left. DMC would have been great to see; DMF was just a tad before my time. After Jean and Cindy were gone, to me they were no longer [[HERE WE GO!) "The Supremes"; talented ladies singing [[or syncing) good new songs on TV, but for me not The Supremes I knew and loved. So the show you missed was JMC, correct?

My mother saw DMF and she said they were fantastic live.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Yes, I missed JMC. I did see DMF [[too fab for words) DMC [[Rossers heaven!) Never did I see Flo, Cindy or Mary standing behind Miss Ross - I think that might have been just for TV. Anyone see it live? DMC did basically everything from TCB except Symphony[[I&^%U&^%UC$FW$). Mary had two solos but I didn't recognize the second song and still dont know what it was. I missed Flo.

Gil told me about the JML break up and how bad he felt about it because they were so easy to work with and so talented. He actually tried to get them to stay and even Motown tried. What year did you see them? Do you recall the songs?
    You know that is interesting...that Gil told you that, because they were working mainly with Teddy Harris of Detroit as their musical conductor at that time! I'm sure you've heard of him.
    Last edited by marv2; 05-31-2015 at 09:30 AM.

You're right Marv,when Jean and Lynda left,Gil Askey was with Diana,not The Supremes,he did work with The Supremes Mary Cindy and Jean in early 1970 tho,

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Lol like it or not,it was all politics at Motown,no one knew The Supremes were going to be big,so when they hit,they hit big,sure Berry Gordy would tell them all b.s just to keep them in they're place,trust me he b.s Diana too,but no one at Motown liked Berry Gordy investin' they're money into Diana Ross,not Glady,not The Temptation,not Smokey,not Stevie,no one liked it,Diana leaving The Supremes was the best,it's funny tho,Motown was not ready for it,The Supremes Mary Cindy and Jean came out topping they're star Diana Ross,with Up The Ladder To The Roof,without the help of Motown pushing it,Diana Ross's Reach Out And Touch,didn't do so well,if Diana had hit,like The Supremes did,she would have had so much promotion,they did nothing for The Supremes,as far as promotion,all politics at Motown,when Thelma Houston got the Grammy at Motown,and Diana didn't,Motown did nothing for Thelma,had Diana won a Grammy for Motown,there would have been promotions all over the world,trust me,Mary and Florence was just as good as Diana,it was Berry Gordy's company,he was the boss,so if he wanted Diana to be the star,that was it,no one was gonna stand in his way,that why i have so much Respect for Mary Wilson,in the end she's has had, Success on her own,without the help of anyone,i'v seen Berry Gordy at her shows,he seems proud of her,hey supremester, you got too much time on your hands,too much postin lol smh
    Hi Redhot- great posting. It is nice that Berry has been at some of Mary's shows. I didn't know that. Were these regular performances or award type shows? It seems like they get along pretty good these days. Maybe at some point r they had a good sit down discussion and worked a few things out.

Detmotownguy,I saw Berry Gordy Claudette Robinson Janie Bradford and Latoya Jackson at Mary Wilson's show,early this year,at Herb Alpert's grill Jazz Club,that's not the first time,i'v seen Berry at a Mary Wilson show,i can tell Berry Gordy has a lot of love,and Respect for Mary,because Mary has done very good,for herself,and she did it,with out the help of Motown,or anyone,you got to Respect that,again i can tell hes proud of her,Love her

Detmotownguy,I saw Berry Gordy Claudette Robinson Janie Bradford and Latoya Jackson at Mary Wilson's show,early this year,at Herb Alpert's grill Jazz Club,that's not the first time,i'v seen Berry at a Mary Wilson show,i can tell Berry Gordy has a lot of love,and Respect for Mary,because Mary has done very good,for herself,and she did it,with out the help of Motown,or anyone,you got to Respect that,again i can tell hes proud of her,Love her
    Thanks for the reply! Mary sure has a lot of friends and is a popular lady.

Mary Wilson is important to a lot of people. Back when Mary had her health scare around 2006, not only did Berry call a couple of times a day, but Smokey even had his personal physician attend to Mary after she was out the hospital and under the care of her own physician!

supremester Guest
    Teddy Harris? TEDDY Harris????????? Hmmmmmmm......... Teddy HARRIS.................um, I ......gosh......oh, yeah I think ..... Yeah! He conducted for The Rossless Supremes when Gil was elsewhere and wrote some AWFUL hits medleys that are unlistenable and contributed to the group's demise.

Things you might not know about Gil:
    1) He loved working with his groups [[DR&TS, Martha, Tempts, Tops, his faves) because he really respected the talents and abilities of the acts. DR&TS were his babies and after the split, he worked both acts equally. He wrote vocal arrangements for new hits and special material like Millie/Rose/Mame and If They Could See Me Now for JMC. He also composed transition music for the acts, and, with Berry Gordy, put their acts together. Not once in our convos did he ever refer to BG as anything but Mr Gordy and they worked together intensely for a lot of years. He was not afraid to disagree with BG and that earned a lot of gold stars from BG who hated ass kissers being paid for advice. He fought for Mary's solos, against Flo's ouster and against Put on A Happy Face as an opener.
    Gil's job was also to go out with each act and train the MD, conduct, make sure everyone was doing as instructed and see how the show was working and report back to Berry. He told me several interesting stories about changes in shows that BG did not approve of. I'm sure your bff Mary Wilson [[Of The Supremes) would be happy to tell you how long Gil was involved with The Rossless Supremes and that Motown billed the acts quite high for his services - hence the use of less expensive Teddy Harris.

QUOTE=marv2;286463]You that is interesting...that Gil told you that, because they were working mainly with Teddy Harris of Detroit as their musical conductor at that time! I'm sure you've heard of him.[/QUOTE]

SupremeBoy Guest
    Nice article. It's sad that their 50th Anniversary went virtually unnoticed and I agree with some of the reasons given here. However, I have no desire to join the acrimony that is consistently on display in this forum. A lot of you sound like broken records, continually arguing/debating the same things over and over and over and over again. It's actually very, very sad and disheartening because I love the ladies and I love the music but some of you just make it so damned toxic to even want to jump in and participate.

I agree Supremeboy

Is a refrain like the one in "One Fine Day" that goes all song long and says "shooby dooby dooby do wop bop" shooby dooby dooby do wop bop" shooby dooby dooby do wop bop..................ALL NIGHT LONG?

What a journey... edited because I came to the party too late and I read the rest of thread... what I said was not related to the Supremes brawl, but I thought I was replying to one of the first posts about the name change but never mind...
    Last edited by Cadeho; 06-13-2015 at 01:32 AM.