[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson in Bethesda, Maryland

http://www.bethesdabluesjazz.com/events.cfm

Mary will be appearing on June 5th at a wonderful supper club in Bethesda, Maryland, easily accessible from D.C., Virginia, and the Maryland area including Baltimore. This is a wonderful opportunity to see Mary at her best!

This sounds like her "Up Close" Jazz concert. She presented several times at Blues Alley in D.C. over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    http://www.bethesdabluesjazz.com/events.cfm
    Mary will be appearing on June 5th at a wonderful supper club in Bethesda, Maryland, easily accessible from D.C., Virginia, and the Maryland area including Baltimore. This is a wonderful opportunity to see Mary at her best!
    Martha Reeves & The Vandellas will also be appearing there on June 12.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Martha Reeves & The Vandellas will also be appearing there on June 12.
    Now thats going to be one heckova show.

Roberta

Ahhh, only an hour from me! I've got to go!!

This also sounds like a good show!
    The Ladies of Rhythm & Blues

Female groups and solo artists have played an important role in shaping the sound of Rhythm and Blues. This performance celebrates "The Ladies of Rhythm & Blues" with early Rhythm and Blues songstress Maxine Brown [["Oh No Not My Baby"), Baby Washington [["That's How Heartaches Are Made"), The Jewels [["Opportunity") and DC's latest R&B sensation Shirleta Settles.

I'll be in the DC area the weekend of Mary's show. I am planning to attend. What a wonderful way to celebrate one's birthday at Mary's show. YEAH!!!!

Lucky for you! Tell Mary it's your birthday! Once I did similar at autographs before show and she announced later from the stage and had me come up on stage with her.Soooo kind. Please gives us a review.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    This also sounds like a good show!
    The Ladies of Rhythm & Blues

Female groups and solo artists have played an important role in shaping the sound of Rhythm and Blues. This performance celebrates "The Ladies of Rhythm & Blues" with early Rhythm and Blues songstress Maxine Brown [["Oh No Not My Baby"), Baby Washington [["That's How Heartaches Are Made"), The Jewels [["Opportunity") and DC's latest R&B sensation Shirleta Settles.
    Mary introduced me to Maxine Brown several years ago in New York. Nice lady too.

Cool

The show was great. Mary started the show with her jazz show. Mary sounded good and her interactions with the audience was sensational. During the intermission, Mary signed autographs in the lobby. She said she was doing great, that she remembered me from her Macon show, a couple of years ago but I doubt if she did remember me. I told her that I saw Ross two weeks prior and she asked how was the show. I also asked her how Cindy was doing. The way she responded said that Cindy is holding on. The second part of her show was "The Supremes Show". She sang "Baby Love", "You Can't Hurry Love", "My World Is Empty", "Come See About Me", "Love Child", "Someday", "Back In My Arms Again", "Stop! In The Name Of Love" and "You Keep Me Hangin' On". Mary also spoke of her love for all the Supremes mentioning by name Diana, Flo, Jean and Scherrie. There were no 70 Supremes' songs - no "Stoned Love" or "Up The Ladder". Mary introduced the audience to her great-granddaughter, who came on stage and danced with Grandma Mary. Mary closed the show with a Rolling Stones medley - "Satisfaction" and "Brown Sugar". Her encore was Donna Summer's "Last Dance".
    I had planned to somehow get a message to Mary to ask her to sing Happy Birthday to me. I was trying to figure out a way to do. I got the opportunity but failed to ask her. I simply forgot. Mary's beauty will do that to a guy . Also the venue is a wonderful place to see a show, have dinner and drinks. If you are in the DMV area, check it out. The place held 300 folks but only about 100 was there for the performance.

I LOVE MS MARY WILSON ............
    Last edited by Ryon6; 06-10-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    The show was great. Mary started the show with her jazz show. Mary sounded good and her interactions with the audience was sensational. During the intermission, Mary signed autographs in the lobby. She said she was doing great, that she remembered me from her Macon show, a couple of years ago but I doubt if she did remember me. I told her that I saw Ross two weeks prior and she asked how was the show. I also asked her how Cindy was doing. The way she responded said that Cindy is holding on. The second part of her show was "The Supremes Show". She sang "Baby Love", "You Can't Hurry Love", "My World Is Empty", "Come See About Me", "Love Child", "Someday", "Back In My Arms Again", "Stop! In The Name Of Love" and "You Keep Me Hangin' On". Mary also spoke of her love for all the Supremes mentioning by name Diana, Flo, Jean and Scherrie. There were no 70 Supremes' songs - no "Stoned Love" or "Up The Ladder". Mary introduced the audience to her great-granddaughter, who came on stage and danced with Grandma Mary. Mary closed the show with a Rolling Stones medley - "Satisfaction" and "Brown Sugar". Her encore was Donna Summer's "Last Dance".
    I had planned to somehow get a message to Mary to ask her to sing Happy Birthday to me. I was trying to figure out a way to do. I got the opportunity but failed to ask her. I simply forgot. Mary's beauty will do that to a guy . Also the venue is a wonderful place to see a show, have dinner and drinks. If you are in the DMV area, check it out. The place held 300 folks but only about 100 was there for the performance.

I LOVE MS MARY WILSON ............

Ryon, thank you for your review and sharing your experience with the great Mary Wilson. I am certain she would have sang Happy Birthday to you had she known.

supremester Guest
    What a great review - and happy birthday! What songs did May do in the first segment? I saw her do Both Sides Now at Feinsteins and it was the best thing I ever saw her do - really impressive. She didn't do any 70's that night either, but I requested Bad Weather and she totally nailed it. I tink, like Miss Ross, they are sticking to their biggest hits these days.

QUOTE=Ryon6;287910]The show was great. Mary started the show with her jazz show. Mary sounded good and her interactions with the audience was sensational. During the intermission, Mary signed autographs in the lobby. She said she was doing great, that she remembered me from her Macon show, a couple of years ago but I doubt if she did remember me. I told her that I saw Ross two weeks prior and she asked how was the show. I also asked her how Cindy was doing. The way she responded said that Cindy is holding on. The second part of her show was "The Supremes Show". She sang "Baby Love", "You Can't Hurry Love", "My World Is Empty", "Come See About Me", "Love Child", "Someday", "Back In My Arms Again", "Stop! In The Name Of Love" and "You Keep Me Hangin' On". Mary also spoke of her love for all the Supremes mentioning by name Diana, Flo, Jean and Scherrie. There were no 70 Supremes' songs - no "Stoned Love" or "Up The Ladder". Mary introduced the audience to her great-granddaughter, who came on stage and danced with Grandma Mary. Mary closed the show with a Rolling Stones medley - "Satisfaction" and "Brown Sugar". Her encore was Donna Summer's "Last Dance".

I LOVE MS MARY WILSON ............[/QUOTE]