[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes- Hullabaloo Medley

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Jesus! Diana and those eyes!

Fantastic find, Carole! Thanks so much for posting. Never saw this routine from Hullabaloo before and never expected to. What a wonderful, true surprise. Ooo-wee! I'm satisfied . . . so-o-o-o satisfi-i-i-i-ed.

[[I assume this is from the show where they performed their current hit at the time--COME SEE ABOUT ME. But this medley is the part of the show that I hadn't seen. How terrific to see it now. The early, formative stuff is always such a huge rush for me. As great as The Supremes became, their performances leading up to that are of immense interest and joy to me--because they were so great right from the start. Thank you again, Carole.)

From what I can tell, it originally aired 1/26/65. A mere 50 yrs. ago. Oh, my. Another time. Another place. Another world.

Thanks for posting, this is one of my favorite early clips!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    From what I can tell, it originally aired 1/26/65. A mere 50 yrs. ago. Oh, my. Another time. Another place. Another world.
    The first time I ever saw them on TV. Just one month after getting my WDOLG album for Christmas. I wasn't even aware that they were going to be on, I was surprised and thrilled that I was going to see my favorite group.

It wasn't until years later that I found out that I had missed them on Ed Sullivan one month earlier over the Christmas holiday weekend. I was probably too busy listening to my brand new album to watch Ed Sullivan that night!

I always loved the way Diana did her eyes. I think Maxine Powell got her to stop, but I liked it!

How I missed this when it aired is a mystery to me because I tried to catch every Hullaballoo and Shindig episode. In my recollection, I never saw any two of the gals wearing identical wigs, either, as Flo and Mary are in this performance. A very interesting clip on many levels. Thanks for posting.