[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Announces Australian Shows

Thanks Marv! We are lucky to still have a few legacy artists performing like duke Otis Martha Mary the Velvelettes Diana and Gladys. Too bad someone didn't create a legacy type label 15 yrs ago. Although it might have been a risky proposition. The Velvelettes sound fantastic-totally underrated. Ok I am digressing....... Glad to see Mary's global success.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thanks Marv! We are lucky to still have a few legacy artists performing like duke Otis Martha Mary the Velvelettes Diana and Gladys. Too bad someone didn't create a legacy type label 15 yrs ago. Although it might have been a risky proposition. The Velvelettes sound fantastic-totally underrated. Ok I am digressing....... Glad to see Mary's global success.
    I hear you and I definitely agree. They need to be capturing more and more of these live concerts for DVD.

Mary just keeps shining on. I think her career is bigger now than its ever been!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Mary just keeps shining on. I think her career is bigger now than its ever been!
    It is, ummmmm......"red hot"! LOL!!!!

Lol you got that right!...I also saw a brief clip from that movie she is in. She really is a natural.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Lol you got that right!...I also saw a brief clip from that movie she is in. She really is a natural.
    I am looking forward to seeing the films that Mary appears in.

supremester Guest
    These are great gigs for Mary - she can make some bucks here

I think Mary feels more settled and confident on stage than any time in her career. She has always been a beautiful lady but I was never totally convinced by her solo performances, but now she seems so much at ease and her charm and professionalism shine through. Good for her.

supremester Guest
    Mary could always nail a ballad. Her ability to lead The Supremes was very weak and certainly was a major factor in their downfall. I saw Mary Wilson & The Supremes in '83 on an oldies tour and they were awful - SHE was awful - and they were boo-ed. Then I saw her at Michael's Pub in NYC in '87 I believe and she was a fine entertainer. I don't know what happened in those four years, but it was a major transition. I still don't care for her Supremes songs, but she works the crowd well and is very effective on ballads. She's a survivor who knows how to make [[and hold on to) a buck. I agree: good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I think Mary feels more settled and confident on stage than any time in her career. She has always been a beautiful lady but I was never totally convinced by her solo performances, but now she seems so much at ease and her charm and professionalism shine through. Good for her.

She finally feels confident on stage? LOL! After 55 years? Heck I've seen Mary do just about everything on stage except strip over the decades [[well except that one time in NYC back in the 80s!) hehehehehehehehehehe..................

I have seen Mary on stage at various times in her career and I can honestly say she was nothing special as a solo artist, but I always supported her because of her legacy, but now she really does exude star quality and I enjoy watching her perform. Long may she continue.