[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Chuck Jackson

Chuck Jackson

Vocally, Chuck was a good match for Paul Williams of the Tempatations. I wonder if he would have considered standing in for Paul?

Beautiful videos, Tbfxt. Great performer, great voice. Thanks for posting.

Never realized the similarity of his voice to that of Paul Williams until Soulballad pointed it out. But I hear it now. Good one, Soulballad.

honest man Guest
    OMG John all too much for me to stand brilliant stuff 2 of my fave Motown guys Chuck and the Edwin clip in one day you have just made it,off to Northern soul alldayer in Southport great start,wish these clips were on DVD,keep them coming mate,cheers

Well, that was extraordinary. Thank you so much for posting it. Consummate soul singing, and a true, rich baritone, as well. It's simply a master class in the art. No screaming, or shouting, or stomping, or sweating, or ranting. Just the controlled expression of feeling. I don't have any Chuck Jackson in my collection - that needs to be fixed pronto! Any recommendations please? Thanks once again for this.
    Last edited by Sharpmoves; 05-04-2015 at 06:40 AM.

Motown Anthology Chuck Jackson. You can get a new copy for less than a fiver.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motown-Antho...+chuck+jackson

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    Well, that was extraordinary. Thank you so much for posting it. Consummate soul singing, and a true, rich baritone, as well. It's simply a master class in the art. No screaming, or shouting, or stomping, or sweating, or ranting. Just the controlled expression of feeling. I don't have any chock Jackson in my collection - that needs to be fixed pronto! Any recommendations please? Thanks once again for this.
    ALSO try his Sceptre -Wand complete album reissues etc he has a great volume of work on release.my top 3 all time vocalist,you will love him,you really have been missing out.cheers

honest man Guest
    Sharpmoves there is also a brilliant remix of Chuck and Tammi Terrell solos-DUET of Make the night ... done by our own Midnight Johnny whom i requested to try,Excellence .cheers.

Woah - just too good. Loved his "Girls, Girls, Girls" - great song. Also one from his All Platinum days....

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Woah - just too good. Loved his "Girls, Girls, Girls" - great song. Also one from his All Platinum days....
    I liked that too. I got an album on the label too. Seem to recall he looked quite dapper in it...red suit or background....I just remember lots of red

Memory's not completely gone yet! Phew

Yes Chuck Jackson has made some great sides on various labels. Around the same time, All Platinum also had Brook Benton on their roster [["Mr Bartender") and, of course, the lady herself, Sylvia "Pillow Talk" Robinson had been in the music business for many years.

Back to the topic.....