[REMOVE ADS]

September 10, 1963

I noticed years ago that that at least three songs I had heard sounded the same. I looked up the dates these songs were recorded from the CD booklets and found they were recorded on the same day, September 10, 1963. Also, they were recorded at Graystone Ballroom. I wonder if that could be the reason they sounded different from a Hitsville recording. But on top of that, whoever is playing the drums doesn't seem to be a regular. The songs have beats that sound almost like a marching band. It's possible it could be Benny Benjamin playing, but it doesn't sound to me like how he normally played. So I wanted to present these songs and ask if anyone had any information on who the drummer was for these sessions and if anyone noticed this? Are there other songs that sound like these ones from that day?

The first one:
    Last edited by Cadeho; 04-30-2015 at 10:53 PM.

The second:

The third: Whoever uploaded the song should have at least made sure the file ripped without defects.

There is also a fourth song recorded the same day that sounds similar, especially the drums, but no one has a video with it, but I'll post a clip. http://acerecords.co.uk/docs/CDTOP_3...P_350-1-17.mp3 The Contours' "Don't You Wanna Go," was also recorded on September 10, 1963 but dftmc has Hitsville instead of Graystone Ballroom.
    Last edited by Cadeho; 04-30-2015 at 10:56 PM.