[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Gathering.....featuring guess who

Name:  Motown Gathering 2015.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  100.6 KB

Right in the front is..........fanfare!

Who all came? A Vandella? Dennis Coffey? Harry?

I mean besides the head guy!

Our very own dear Ralph looking real real handsome.

Roberta

What are you all doing on my stoop, in front of my house? LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    and something tells me you belueve that to be true LOL.

Roberta, where did you get these pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Isn't is funny Marv that those of us who lived near Hitsville almost view it as home. Quite a coveted little building. We used to take the bus there and hang out across the street and people watched with all the the fancy cars parked up and down the street.

What was the gathering in reference to? Can someone identify the folks in the pic. I see Rosalind and Annette, Ralph and Dennis. Who is the person sitting in the front?

It looks like Kat in the middle of the back row.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Isn't is funny Marv that those of us who lived near Hitsville almost view it as home. Quite a coveted little building. We used to take the bus there and hang out across the street and people watched with all the the fancy cars parked up and down the street.
    You're right now that I think about it. I have been photographed in front of that building many times over the years. You can tell what decade it was just by the clothes I have on in the different pics LOL!!!! But it was a lot of work when I first volunteered there now, nearly 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    It looks like Kat in the middle of the back row.
    I'm sorry but that's not her though.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Roberta, where did you get these pictures?
    Im friends with Annette on face book Ralph.

yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Is that the Contours ?

James - I think they are the current line up of the Contours.

I think the lady in the front is Ann Dozier. When I met Ms Dozier many many years ago at the museum, she introduced herself as Lamont's 1st wife.

That was a great event! Millie and I enjoyed talking to Ralph and everyone else. Millie got her official recognition as a Motown Alumni from Robin Terry. Millie also got her own lifetime membership card and Motown medallion. Millie worked at the Donovan Building in the sales department. Penny and Annie Jamerson were there and later Martha Reeves showed up. I did two short lectures to one group from all over the world and then to another group of young musicians still in school. The Motown Museum is a fantastic Detroit legacy of the music we made there.

Is that Mrs Stubbs in that picture too?

BTW, I'm sorry but I didn't notice that Roberta had already started a thread with this picture. My apologies.

No problem, John. Can't have too many of a good pic.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Is that Mrs Stubbs in that picture too?

BTW, I'm sorry but I didn't notice that Roberta had already started a thread with this picture. My apologies.
    no worries dear theboyfromxtown. As Ralph said we cant have too many views of a great photos.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

This is incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by dennis_coffey View Post
    That was a great event! Millie and I enjoyed talking to Ralph and everyone else. Millie got her official recognition as a Motown Alumni from Robin Terry. Millie also got her own lifetime membership card and Motown medallion. Millie worked at the Donovan Building in the sales department. Penny and Annie Jamerson were there and later Martha Reeves showed up. I did two short lectures to one group from all over the world and then to another group of young musicians still in school. The Motown Museum is a fantastic Detroit legacy of the music we made there.
    I have always been concerned that interest in Motown history would wane and be a forgotten piece of Detroit history. It's nice to see that students in school have an interest in Motown I think the lectures are a valuable vehicle in solidifying the success of Motown.

Ryon6,
    To answer your question regarding the reference to the get together.
    It seems yours truly is the catalyst for the event.
    A while back I had an incident while visiting the museum. Usually I would just say my name and the instant recognition would get me in the door. This particular time with my grand kids and son in law with me, I was treated somewhat as a stranger and no one seemed to know what to do about it. Very embarrassing for me in front of my family. Finally, I filled out some papers and we went in to the museum.
    That night at dinner with Pat Cosby, Clay McMurray and Harry Balk I told them what had happened. Apparently, the following day, Pat called Robin Terry, the museum's head, and told her of the incident. And Robin did her job.
    So because of this, we are issued Gold Cards to flash whenever we visit the museum.

Indeed a terrible incident but something good seemed to have come out of it. Congratulations to all those who received their Gold Cards. So all former employees of Motown gets a Gold Card? Do the former employees in LA get a card also?

I'm sure they do, Ryon.

Very nice when a group of people from the "old days" can get together.

Next April there is a huge convention in Detroit for the YMCA. This year it was in Atlanta and I just got back.

They are pushing the Motown Museum and the Motown Connection for the Convention. In the brochure there is a picture of the recording studio with the Supremes scheduled at 3:15 PM and the Temptations at 4:15 PM.

It would be fun to go.