[REMOVE ADS]

Velvelettes Mabel John Dee Dee Sharp Maxine Brown March 2015

Beautiful compilation video from that weekend, Tbfxt. Thanks so much for posting. So glad to get to see this and the great performers who were there.

The Velvelettes had to do some new songs and it took a good 3 weeks to relearn some of the songs that they did over 50 years ago in the Hitsville USA studio.

wow - just love those Velvelettes. It's an ambition of mine to see them perform live - perfection.

All the ladies look and sound great still. Maxine Brown looks EXACTLY the same!

John did you coach them when they were relearning the songs?

Cal does the lead alone and she is spot on every time. I did coach Cal just once when she was scheduled to sing a duet with Ali Woodson - that was awesome...me mouthing the words to Aint Nothing Like the Real Thing and Cal singing to me. Let me have a moment to remind myself of just how awesome that was. Boy that was a MOMENT in time for me.

I'm usually there with Bertha Norma and Millie and coach them especially on new songs. One of my best times was when they were learning Let Love Live.......one of my all time fun times ever. Of course, Let Love Live was the Andantes and so the ladies had to learn it from scratch.

I just wish the ladies were given more credit than they receive. Cal can still sing those notes. She sings in church on Sunday so that helps. She did a solo one time when I visited - The Battles Is Not Yours - a song that was not known to me - but it was wonderful. Another moment in time for me.