[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Payton Children

Payton Children

I'm wondering if anyone here can shed some light on the offspring of Lawrence Payton of the Four Tops.

His obituary states he had 15 children:

Sunny Giovanni with his wife of 26 years, Yone Marie Woodfin.

Payton also adopted his wife's two children from a previous marriage, Kimberly and Larry.

He had seven other children and was a surrogate father to five others.

I know one of his children, son Roquel [[real name Lawrence Payton, Jr.) replaced "Obie" Benson as the bass in the Four Tops, but what about the other 11? Where are they now?

How many times was Lawrence married; other that Yone?

A bit late, but here is a video of Lawrence Payton Jr. with one of his brothers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U0Q8dcgB9o

I met Montez Payton about 5 years ago at Universal. He is a spitting image of Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I met Montez Payton about 5 years ago at Universal. He is a spitting image of Lawrence.
    Watching the duet of Montez and Lawrence Jr. I'm wondering... are we looking at the future replacement of Duke?