[REMOVE ADS]

thomas96 Guest

Jackson 5 - 25 Miles Recording Details?

I believe it was recorded in '69 which would make me think it should be up on DFTMC but it isn't. Does anybody have a CD that this was on and can provide any details? Or anybody who knows anything about it? It sounds like it was recorded in Detroit [[or at least the band tracks were) but I want to know for sure, as well as the year and producer.

thomas96 Guest

From the Hello World boxset :
    "....recorded in 1969 and 1970 during the Diana Ross Presents and ABC sessions, mixed late 1971 and became an outtake from Got To Be There..."

This has to be one of the cuts produced for them by Bobby Taylor.

As said above, the original mix is included on the Michael Jackson Hello World box set. An overdubbed version [[as they did in the 1980s to update the sound] was released as single in 1987 to promote the album The Original Soul of Michael Jackson.
    Name:  Michael-Jackson-Twenty-Five-Miles-15385.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  49.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This one of the many cuts that bobby Taylor produced and was not released!!! But the J-5 where charged and bobby Taylor was paid!!!!

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdestiny View Post
    From the Hello World boxset :
    "....recorded in 1969 and 1970 during the Diana Ross Presents and ABC sessions, mixed late 1971 and became an outtake from Got To Be There..."
    Thanks for that information. I think I'll try and get the set.

thomas96 Guest
    Since it was recorded in '69 it was likely in Detroit which would make it Bobby for sure, and it certainly sounds like Bobby's doing. I'm going to ask him to make sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Since it was recorded in '69 it was likely in Detroit which would make it Bobby for sure, and it certainly sounds like Bobby's doing. I'm going to ask him to make sure though.

Please do. I would love to know for sure.

Also from the Hello World boxset :
    25 Miles produced by Hal Davis

thomas96 Guest
    Just spoke with Bobby... Said he didn't do 25 Miles, it wasn't recorded in Detroit so it must've been Nov. or Dec. of '69 or later since the boys didn't go there until early November I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Just spoke with Bobby... Said he didn't do 25 Miles, it wasn't recorded in Detroit so it must've been Nov. or Dec. of '69 or later since the boys didn't go there until early November I believe.
    Thomas thanks for the follow up. How is Bobby doing? Any plans for appearances in the US?

That would explain why it was not in DFTMC

thomas96 Guest
    Thomas thanks for the follow up. How is Bobby doing? Any plans for appearances in the US?
    Won't come to the US for any amount of money.