[REMOVE ADS]

Ebony magazine on Hillary and Mary Wilson

This was quite a big event. Whoopi Goldbergs involvemnt discussed on the View today.http://www.ebony.com/news-views/hill...#axzz3YXvY7ggc

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    This was quite a big event. Whoopi Goldbergs involvemnt discussed on the View today.http://www.ebony.com/news-views/hill...#axzz3YXvY7ggc

That's Mary always in the thick of things! LOL!!

LOL...you got that right!! Its amazing how her notoriety just continues to grow.

LOL...you got that right!! Its amazing how her notoriety just continues to grow.
    Don't be surprise if she ends up doing a return engagement at the Vatican! LOL!!!

Or the white house!

Or the white house!
    Oh most definitely the White House! Hillary may appoint her to her Cabinet, hehehehehehehehe.........

UN ambassador? Or maybe ambassador to Vatican!!

UN ambassador? Or maybe ambassador to Vatican!!
    Now both of those would work! Mary would do a great job in either position.

I hope Martha Reeves could also be appointed to the Vatican. She and Mary are devoutly pious women.

Quote Originally Posted by helga View Post
    I hope Martha Reeves could also be appointed to the Vatican. She and Mary are devoutly pious women.
    Well she has had plenty of experience.................

Attachment 9368
    Last edited by marv2; 04-27-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Loathed as I am to piss on this prissy Papal party, I would hardly associate Miss Wilson with notoriety. Miss Wilson may be many things but she is far from disreputable or is she that renowned.

I am surprised that Marv, the self appointed erudite on all things Wilson didn't pick up on this. Perhaps he was too wrapped up in sentiment and enthusiasm over Mary Wilson's future Ambassadorship to the Vatican City by the 2017 Rodham-Clinton administration to notice.

CE

Or the white house!
    I believe Mary Wilson spent quite a bit of time campaigning with Hillary back in 2008.

Didn't Colin Powell appoint Mary as a cultural ambassador?

Didn't Colin Powell appoint Mary as a cultural ambassador?
    Yes he did. Of all the celebrities in this country, Mary was personally selected by General Powell.

Now that is saying something!

Now that is saying something!
    Yep, "He was really sayin' something........" LOL! Mary is a BOSS! LOL!

Oh yes she is. Amen. And didn't Bill Clinton personally ask for her to perform at white house?

Oh yes she is. Amen. And didn't Bill Clinton personally ask for her to perform at white house?
    Yes he did. He invited her as the special guest for the White House's Millennium New Year's Eve celebration where Mary performed a special 2 hour concert for guests and dignitaries.

Wow..didn't know the details..that's quite an invitation. .watch out if Hillary wins. Mary may be front and center!

Wow..didn't know the details..that's quite an invitation. .watch out if Hillary wins. Mary may be front and center!
    Yeah I remember seeing the President and First Lady greeting Mary in the reception line on C-Span. Later than evening she blew the roof off of that place. I know it had to have been taped.

I could swear I saw a clip from it with her singing.

I've seen still photos including one of Mary standing with President Clinton and Chelsea serenading them.

supremester Guest
    NO he did not. As you may recall [[since this very topic was discussed in Stirfry with you years ago with video proof and news report - look up thread in archive) Mary was brought in at the last minute as a substitute for the evening's scheduled announced headliner who fell ill. Mary was selected from a list of available entertainers with no gig on Millennium New Year's Eve. It was not a 2 hour set and the comments on her performance at the time were mixed and may still be on Youtube. It's still an honor that I haven't had, but let's keep one foot in re-al-i-tee you "two."

Perhaps you are getting confused with President Elect Bill Clinton's personal request to have Miss Ross sing God Bless America at his inauguration. THAT happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WArr-6yiae8

I love this clip. It's why singers often lip in these wide open spaces. She cannot hear and the horn section is killing her note - with one wave of her hand, they are turned into a pillar of salt and she can finally hear herself. You can see the relief on her face. [[And the awe in Clinton's)

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yes he did. He invited her as the special guest for the White House's Millennium New Year's Eve celebration where Mary performed a special 2 hour concert for guests and dignitaries.
    Last edited by supremester; 05-01-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Mary Wilson was hand picked by the Clintons with Linda Green formalizing the arrangements. I wished you knew what you were talking about. That way I would not have to waste my time repeating myself.............

Here's a shot from the event! Mary and company raising the roof at the White House!

Attachment 9398

supremester Guest
    Marv - remember when you said Mary got her Hollywood palace solo because the asst. director demanded it to berry Gordy? Well, this is kind of like that. While it MAY BE POSSIBLE that "The Clintons" "hand picked" Mary - it was never ever said that was the case. What WAS in the news is that Mary stepped in at the last minute. We wouldn't want Barbra Streisand, if she's reading this, to think that Bill 'n Hill chose Mary over Babs - it would hurt her feelings. Mary sang at The White House for The Clintons - an honor for all parties involved..... let's leave the facts in the factual column. That's a very good look for Mary & the Girls.