[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves interview in The Guardian

A nice Q&A with Martha here. See how wittily she deals with one or two rather silly questions! All in preparation for her 2015 UK tour, no doubt. http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...hings-is-music

You'se the man for finding stuff on Martha!

Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    A nice Q&A with Martha here. See how wittily she deals with one or two rather silly questions! All in preparation for her 2015 UK tour, no doubt. http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...hings-is-music
    Thank you sharpmoves once again this article prove that the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves is motowns greatest ambassador and greatest spokespersons. This great lady is loved by millions all throughout the world and is the best performer to EVER come out of Motown Records.

thank you dear for sharing this.

Fondly,

Roberta

Thanks. Yeah, I was watching to see if these would be posted, but when they weren't, I thought I would join and post them myself. I have a special soft spot for MRTVs - lat saw them in 2008. They were fantastic.

It's my great pleasure. Dr Reeves is amazing, of course. We do need to have her Live at the Copa album 'though, don't you agree? Who at Hip-O-Select do we need to lobby to make this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    It's my great pleasure. Dr Reeves is amazing, of course. We do need to have her Live at the Copa album 'though, don't you agree? Who at Hip-O-Select do we need to lobby to make this happen?
    Maybe we should contact Mr Andy Skurrow about getting Dr Reeves Live at the copa CD release.

yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

I do believe it is possible to hear those Copa tracks if you listen to a radio show that was a recent broadcast by Midnight Johnny.

Another very nice thread on Martha, Sharpmoves.

Your favourite Martha tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Another very nice thread on Martha, Sharpmoves.

Your favourite Martha tracks?
    Thanks very much! My goodness, that's a tough one. Perhaps I could answer a slightly different question, which would be my favourite tracks, apart from the famous singles [[which I do also love, obviously!) That gets us into more connoisseur territory, which is more interesting. So, on that basis, some of my favourites from the rest are:

I'll Be Standing By
    Dance Party
    Spellbound
    Happiness is Guaranteed
    No More Tearstained Make up
    Keep it Up
    Looking in the Mirror
    Earthquake
    Without You
    Shoe Leather Expressway
    Loneliness is a Lonely Feeling
    Easily Persuaded
    No One There

Phew! Hope you like these?

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I do believe it is possible to hear those Copa tracks if you listen to a radio show that was a recent broadcast by Midnight Johnny.
    Do you have a link for this show?

http://womr.org/listen/

I can't find it now...but it's somewhere on this site

Sharpmoves

"Yes!" to all the ones on your list [[even if in varying degrees of preference) :

and in addition, especially :

Shoe Leather Expressway [[it has Martha's signature echo with that distinctive 'riiiiiiiiinng' in her voice -and the whole 'big' production is just great)
    No More Tearstained Makeup [[beautifully underplayed, in contrast to the 'belters')
    No One There [[big, yet poignant production)

and I would also add :

Soul Appeal [[BIG production, and with all of Martha's typical spirit)
    I Love The Man [[ditto)
    Benjamin [[optimistic, and also reflective/wistful)
    Is There A Place In Your Heart for Me [[ditto)
    You're The Loser Now [[same comments as above, for 'No More Tearstained Makeup')
    For Once In My Life [[it displays Martha's vocal talent more than most of her other tracks; - I'm referring to those glorious sustained notes.....)
    Too Much Pressure On My Heart [[a typically great but unreleased Vandellas track)
    Keep Stepping [[Never Look Back) - [[ditto)

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Sharpmoves

"Yes!" to all the ones on your list [[even if in varying degrees of preference) :

and in addition, especially :

Shoe Leather Expressway [[it has Martha's signature echo with that distinctive 'riiiiiiiiinng' in her voice -and the whole 'big' production is just great)
    No More Tearstained Makeup [[beautifully underplayed, in contrast to the 'belters')
    No One There [[big, yet poignant production)

and I would also add :

Soul Appeal [[BIG production, and with all of Martha's typical spirit)
    I Love The Man [[ditto)
    Benjamin [[optimistic, and also reflective/wistful)
    Is There A Place In Your Heart for Me [[ditto)
    You're The Loser Now [[same comments as above, for 'No More Tearstained Makeup')
    For Once In My Life [[it displays Martha's vocal talent more than most of her other tracks; - I'm referring to those glorious sustained notes.....)
    Too Much Pressure On My Heart [[a typically great but unreleased Vandellas track)
    Keep Stepping [[Never Look Back) - [[ditto)

You clearly like your Sugar 'n' Spice! - me too. A vastly underrated album IMHO. Yes indeed to For Once - that note at the end! And Your The Loser Now - yes! It's easier to list the ones I don't much like, and it's a shorter list.