[REMOVE ADS]

The Rhythm & Blues Foundation

To assist so many of the performers we love:

http://www.rhythmblues.org/

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    To assist so many of the performers we love:

http://www.rhythmblues.org/
    Thank you for posting this link, however, being a former resident of the great state of Pennsylvania and having sufficient knowledge of the Philadelphia area and its music, I must confess, I NEVER HEARD OF THIS FOUNDATION. Has anyone else heard anything about it? Thanks for posting.

Bill

I think this was the association that presented Mary Wells with an award in its first year.

The R&B Foundation gave Funk Brother Pioneer Awards to Uriel Jones, Bob Babbitt, Eddie Willis and me at a big event in Philadelphia.

The R & B Foundation has two funds set up for people to donate too, they are:
    1.) The Motown Fund [[which has 'a lot of money' they sit on, it's only for Motown Artists).
    Most of the name Motown Artists are well off.
    2.) The Doc Pomus Fund [[which has only a 'little money' in it, is for "everyone else" all the thousands of other R & B Artists).

@ woodward, it was established to help struggling Artists who don't get royalties, who cannot work or do concerts anymore whether it's because they can no longer get the work, are too old, have medical problems, or need funeral costs covered. It is an organized started by an industry lawyer and some big name artists who are on the board. It is not a building in Philly, it the base address for the organization. The first awards were given out to the Pioneer Class in 1989

***** If you want to donate to the R & B Foundation to help it's struggling R & B Pioneers then I suggest you donate to the "R & B Foundation's Doc Pomus Fund" which is for ALL ARTISTS who are not Motown Artists [[who have their own). The Doc Pomus Fund is the only one that helps "ALL" R & B Artists.

S.S.
    Last edited by Soul Sister; 04-25-2015 at 09:50 AM.