[REMOVE ADS]

George Clinton's band

Anyone know who's on stage with George nowadays? Went to see him in Leeds UK last night and apart from guitarist Ricky Ross only the other guitarist and bass player got a namecheck [[which I didn't catch). I'd be particularly interested in knowing who the other two mature gents were

Guitars-Rickey Rouse, Garrett Shider, Blackbyrd McKnight
    Bass-Lige Curry
    Drums-Benzel Cowan, Ron Wright
    Keys-Jerome Rodgers, Danny Bedrosian
    Horns-Benny Cowan, Greg Thomas
    Vocals-P-Nut Johnson, Patavian Lewis, Toneysha Nelson, Shonda Clinton-Drennen, Greg Thomas, Trazae Clinton, George Clinton

Thanks Timmy. Can you tell me any more about P-Nut Johnson? Who would the singer in his 50s or 60s be?

Steve Boyd is the other frontman I'm referring to.

Steve Boyd has been touring with P-Funk since 1995. He was originally a member of the band Five Special [[Why Leave Us Alone being their biggest hit).
    Robert P-Nut Johnson originated as a member of Bootsy's Rubber Band, but has been touring with P-Funk since at least 1981.

Here they are on the Jools Holland Show : https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=J08EA0lKyP8

Thank you for that link Phil. I missed watching the show.

John, I think there'll be a longer performance on tonight's [[Friday) show. I enjoyed them live but a much smaller scale than when I saw the full Mothership and all show back in 1979.