[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves & the Vandellas Dancing In the Street

Martha and them were getting down! I always wondered how they were able to do that without being nervous at such great heights! LOL!

What a great clip! I can't take my eyes off Betty!

They were on top of their game for sure.One of the most exciting acts to see LIVE.

Their dancing is great; smiling and happy.

Here is the instrumental. Check out how good the Funk Brothers sound here...............

Thanks Marv. Good find. The horns really stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    You're welcome detmotownguy. Yeah the horns really do on the instrumental, but not so much on the completed work.

what is equally impressive are the fine tracks on the dance party album especially glorious vandellas harmonies on There he is at my door,dancing slow, nobody cares, and dance party, these tracks shows the vandellas harmonies at their best led by martha reeves sure fire vocals.

Great to see this video, Carole. Many thanks. I've seen a photo or two from it before but never realized they were actually on the top of a building. Yikes! But they looked great, and not the least bit phased by it. Thanks again for posting.

Yeah, cool video, Carole. Thanks! Martha & The Vandellas knew how to get down!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Yeah, cool video, Carole. Thanks! Martha & The Vandellas knew how to get down!
    Yeah. They knew how to get down alright since they remained alive to record some more smashes.

[[The quickest way to get down was just in front of them.)

thomas96 Guest
    Those guitars are gettin' it on this beauty. Eddie, Joe and Robert had it down. Thanks for the band tracks, Marv.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    what is equally impressive are the fine tracks on the dance party album especially glorious vandellas harmonies on There he is at my door,dancing slow, nobody cares, and dance party, these tracks shows the vandellas harmonies at their best led by martha reeves sure fire vocals.

I saw Martha and the Original Vandellas in the early 90's and the background harmonies were so tight that one would have thought that they were lip synching. This was esp true on Nowhere To Run. Was an amazing experience. I was able to talk to Roz ad Nettie before the show. They were looking hot in their red leather outfits. I felt bad for Martha cause she had a real bad cold and left immediately after the show. People were surrounding her outside while she was waiting for her driver. Although she was sick, she was a real pro in handling the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Those guitars are gettin' it on this beauty. Eddie, Joe and Robert had it down. Thanks for the band tracks, Marv.
    Thomas you are welcome. Each time I heard something like this instrumental, it gives me even more appreciation of the expert musicianship the Funk Brothers provided on those records!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Thomas you are welcome. Each time I heard something like this instrumental, it gives me even more appreciation of the expert musicianship the Funk Brothers provided on those records!
    Good point Marv. I wonder what level of success Motown would have achieved w/o the Funk Brothers? After all, they solely were responsible for creating the Motown Sound.

Good point Marv. I wonder what level of success Motown would have achieved w/o the Funk Brothers? After all, they solely were responsible for creating the Motown Sound.
    They would have been good, but not as GREAT as they were backed by the Funk Brothers!