[REMOVE ADS]

Remembering Marvin Gaye.........

31 years ago, I got off work, turned on television and heard the news............

http://www.bet.com/news/national/201...il-1-1984.html

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    31 years ago, I got off work, turned on television and heard the news............

Oh, yes, marv2. I remember it like it was yesterday...I was in my bedroom listening to my Sunday soul oldies radio show when the announcer, after playing an early Marvin hit, started speaking of him in the past tense: "Marvin was marvelous," etc. I dashed downstairs to report it to my mom and sister; they looked at me gravely and said, "Yes, he's dead." I'll never forget that. Rest peacefully, "my dear Mr. Gaye"; you are sorely missed.
    Last edited by sansradio; 04-02-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

Marv, I, too, remember it well. While getting ready for work early that morning, I had just finished showering and was getting dressed when the radio announcer uttered those horrible words that Marvin Gaye had been fatally shot by his own father. At first, I thought it was a sick, twisted April Fool's joke. Unfortunately, it didn't take long to realize that it was no joke whatsoever. Now I wish that it were. - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 04-02-2015 at 01:55 PM.

I rather remember his birthday but his death still rubs me the wrong way because I still think his dad should've gotten life especially after he was deemed fit for trial. They couldn't use the brain tumor story to get him off so they used the fact that Marvin kicked his dad while he was on the ground. But how does that explain him walking slowly to Marvin's room minutes later with a gun. According to Alberta Gay, all Marvin did was stand there and his father shot him in the heart and then waited after he was dying to shoot him point blank range in his shoulder. Now that calls for some sort of murder sentence but I guess because he was 69, they wanted to go lenient on him. *rolling my eyes so hard*

Rest in peace, Marvin, your soul and spirit was too good for this earth even if the flesh was having issues [[as I admit Marvin himself was no saint but that doesn't mean he should've been shot, I don't care if it was a "premeditated suicide" or not).