[REMOVE ADS]

Classic Instrumental Jams

Hey everyone! Below is a link to my article some of the many classic instrumental jams of all time. Hope you enjoy!http://soultrain.com/2015/03/30/clas...rumental-jams/

Every one of your picks are spot on! I also see that you've focused on the late 60s and the 70s. hard to beat "Soulful Strut" by The Young-Holt Unlimited, "T.S.O.P. [[The Sound Of Philadelphia)" by MFSB, or "Love's Theme" by the Love Unlimited Orchestra.

I'm not sure of how "classic" they are, but my picks would include:

Honky-Tonk Part 1 & 2 - The James Brown Soul Train
    Twine-Time - Elvin Cash & The Crawlers
    Green Onions - Booker T. & The M.G.'s
    Time Is Tight - Booker T. & The M.G.'s
    The Hustle - Van McCoy & The Soul City Symphony
    Sexy - MFSB
    Brazil - The Ritchie Family

Thanks Soulster! All of your picks are on point as well. I wish I had more room for those songs for my article.

I am glad to be included on that list. Thank you.

Great compilation, but I really missed seeing 'Pick Up the Pieces' on your list, funkyone71. I like all of your songs and love most of them, but AWB laid it down on a track for the ages and my personal list would have included it. I recognize it is a great amount of music to sort down.

Good job!

Oh, and when I was a high school senior, this one tore it up at the teen clubs where I partied:
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 03-31-2015 at 04:47 PM.

And here is the one that we blew up in my junior year:

I swear I'm not hijacking the thread, but this brought soooo many good memories to me. This one just came to mind as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Great compilation, but I really missed seeing 'Pick Up the Pieces' on your list, funkyone71.
    Oh, good one! I can't believe I forgot that, and i'm a huge AWB fan!

Awesome! "For Those Who Like To Groove" That came out the year I graduated.

There are a lot of more obscure ones, as well. When I think of 'jams', I tend to avoid songs that I consider to be jazz records [[like "Breezin'") and there are some that just stick out. I used to love Clarke/Duke Project's 'Wild Dog', Pleasure's 'Law of the Raw', Pieces of a Dream's 'Mount Airy Groove', Roy Ayers' 'Betcha Gonna', and Con Funk Shun's 'Play Widit'. All of these songs are playing through my head as I'm typing their titles.

See, I would include "Breezin'" in that list. Disco, too, obviously. And, why not some rock, like "Frankenstein" by The Edgar Winter Group, or "Dance With The Devil" by Cozy Powell?

Why not? And to go a little further, 'Beat Box' and 'Close To The Edit' by Art of Noise?