[REMOVE ADS]

Before Motown, there was Dolphin's of Hollywood.......by Larry Buford

http://yournews.com/copyroom/mynews....tory_id=387440

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post

http://yournews.com/copyroom/mynews....tory_id=387440
    Thanks so much Mike for posting this link. Michael Dolphin, John Dolphin's son was on the Mother Love talk radio show today. Michael is like an uncle to me and the talented Stu James who play's John Dolphin is a good friend of mine. So check this out I know you won't be disappointed.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  21.1 KB
    When I first moved to Los Angeles to attend UCLA in the mid/late '60s, I used to help Mrs. Dolphin at her record shops, by carrying in loads of albums and 45b boxes, when the arrived from the distributor. She gave me my pick of the 45s in the bargain bins, and I also got all the run of Cash, Money[[1954-65), and Ball Records. Too bad no boxes of mint copies of the Recorded in Hollywood, Hollywood and Lucky records were left there by that time!