[REMOVE ADS]

"Nightflight" Tue Mar 17, 9P-12M ET:The Jean Terrell Years w/ George Solomon

A fine Erin Go Bragh to you all! Tonight, as I mentioned last week, is part one of a 2 part series paying tribute to "The Supremes-the Jean Terrell Years", with a re-airing of an interview I did with the box set's co-producer George Solomon [[along with Andy Skurow). George is a great guest to have as he is always forthcoming, not only about the subject, but Motown in general, and he gives us lots of tidbits tonight to chew on! George was with me for almost 3 hours....so much of tonight's show is a talker....and next week? Music...music...music...with some very special treats. SO do join me tonight all this and more...on "Nightflight" on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and we are streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org Thanks! See you on the radio! John Patrick
    Last edited by midnight johnny; 03-17-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Can.Not.Wait. Can.Not!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Can.Not.Wait. Can.Not!!!
    Well....my MY!!!! I should have done it SOONER!!! Glad you'll be listening, Brent!

Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Amen to that!
    right on wait a minute, togrther we can make such sweet music. Im here to midnite

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    right on wait a minute, togrther we can make such sweet music. Im here to midnite
    And you being here is my pleasure, Franjoy!!! Welcome!!

Are cindy and mary on any other tracks on the right on album besides the two singles the lovin country, then i met u, but i love u more. Are there sny tracks on the jimmy webb sessions that just contain mary and lynda without the blossoms

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Are cindy and mary on any other tracks on the right on album besides the two singles the lovin country, then i met u, but i love u more. Are there sny tracks on the jimmy webb sessions that just contain mary and lynda without the blossoms
    Well....you've come to the right place.....that's exactly some of what George and I talk about.

History repeats itself! George Solomon is currently cruising [[on the Norwegian Sun until March 22 ).

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    History repeats itself! George Solomon is currently cruising [[on the Norwegian Sun until March 22 ).
    Hi there, Carole!! Thanks for Geo's itinerary! What a lucky duck!!

I'm here for a while to enjoy the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I'm here for a while to enjoy the interview.
    Howdy there, Kenneth!!! Great to see you!

Hiya John!! Hope you're well and warm! Did I mention that it's going to be 80F in Houston tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    Hiya John!! Hope you're well and warm! Did I mention that it's going to be 80F in Houston tomorrow?
    Hey there, Mike!! Good to see you! Not warm at all, my friend....20s!!! 8os tomorrow for you??? SWEAT, baby!!! Heh hehe heh!!

Was Jean Terrell the sister or cousin of Ernie Terrell, the heavyweight boxer?

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    Was Jean Terrell the sister or cousin of Ernie Terrell, the heavyweight boxer?
    His Sistah!

Sister, I think.

I'd forgotten all about those finger snaps in Up the Ladder [[courtesy of The Mandante) !

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    I'd forgotten all about those finger snaps in Up the Ladder [[courtesy of The Mandante) !
    [[*GRIN)....I had forgotten too!

supremester Guest
    John: LOVE this celebration of Jean and George and YOU! I've been gone on Tuesdays but I'm back!

Thank you for your efforts - you are appreciated!!!!

Gregg Michael Geoff in rainy Portland

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    John: LOVE this celebration of Jean and George and YOU! I've been gone on Tuesdays but I'm back!

Thank you for your efforts - you are appreciated!!!!

Gregg Michael Geoff in rainy Portland
    Gregg....well you were missed! Welcome back and hello to Michael and Geoff!!! And thank you a whole lot!

Beautiful show as always, John. Been listening intently and enjoying the interview. I always pick up new details when you replay these......

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Beautiful show as always, John. Been listening intently and enjoying the interview. I always pick up new details when you replay these......
    ....ME TOO, Glen.....hello there, Sir...great to see you!

supremester Guest
    May I request Everybody's Got The Right To Love ? I love the song and Jean's vocal is exquisite.

May I request Everybody's Got The Right To Love ? I love the song and Jean's vocal is exquisite.
    Absolutely, Gregg....you got it!

supremester Guest
    Life Beats would have been ideal for New Ways or Touch, but I agree with pulling it off Right On - which I feel is sequenced perfectly

supremester Guest
    You have to pay royalties on reported sales.........

Life Beats would have been ideal for New Ways or Touch, but I agree with pulling it off Right On - which I feel is sequenced perfectly
    I agree totally!

you have to pay royalties on reported sales.........

that's it!!!!!!!!

supremester Guest
    This sounded so good on the radio, and Jean is so honest and precise in her delivery. Among my top fave Jean vocals

This sounded so good on the radio, and Jean is so honest and precise in her delivery. Among my top fave Jean vocals
    Can you ask George if the Live recording of Jean Mary & Cindy show up?

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Can you ask George if the Live recording of Jean Mary & Cindy show up?
    rod rick.....I can't. This show is a re-airing....George isn't really here. Sorry.

I came in late so what is the answer live JMC, thanks

I know George isn't live, but there definitely was a catalog number for "Promises Kept." It appears on a Motown catalog which I have, listed as an upcoming release. I can't remember right now, but I think it's a new release catalog which was distributed to record stores.

I came in late so what is the answer live JMC, thanks
    rod....read my post above....George isn't here.....this is a replay of a show. To bad you're not listening...George is answering a number of questions you had when the show actually aired!

As a fan I like the the scratch vocals. When you listen to Diana live she really shines. Has George heard Cindy''s Hollywood Bowl debut?

Ok sorry about that didn't read the entire intro post

Ok sorry about that didn't read the entire intro post

...........No problem!

MJ,
    Any possibility of a podcast of this show? I really love it. I got a bit hazy with sleep toward the end [[no reflection on your outstanding DJing skills). Thanks.

yes - i echo Thanxal's request for a podcast of this show! it would be great to have

Brent and sup_ sorry....the podcasts can only be uploaded on the station's website if the music is edited out....which I have done for other shows, but I hate to do it...time consuming and without the music, it's a little out of context. All I can suggest is good strong coffee and listen when you can. But thanks so much for your interest!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Brent and sup_ sorry....the podcasts can only be uploaded on the station's website if the music is edited out....which I have done for other shows, but I hate to do it...time consuming and without the music, it's a little out of context. All I can suggest is good strong coffee and listen when you can. But thanks so much for your interest!
    I only thought about that after I posted that comment. Sorry...too much work lately. Sleepy takes over!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I only thought about that after I posted that comment. Sorry...too much work lately. Sleepy takes over!!!
    Brent...check your SDF mailbox....