[REMOVE ADS]

The Wrecking Crew

Saw this film on opening night...Must see for fans of 60's pop music...See trailer below...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 03-14-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Interesting Stu. Thank for posting this. Definitely a group of seasoned musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Interesting Stu. Thank for posting this. Definitely a group of seasoned musicians.
    Still remember when we all went to The Funk Brothers gig following the SITSOM film. I'm sure Slutsky's project was instrumental in making this one possible...

I'm sure Slutsky's project was instrumental in making this one possible...[/QUOTE]

And rightfully so, Stu. Definite parallel to the Funk Brothers story. We had a blast at that concert. Good times, Stu.

I'm glad the real heroes of music are getting some credit.

edafan

Looks like it might be a good companion film with 'Muscle Shoals'. If they do a full length film with the Funk Brothers, that'll be a heck of a set of films about the faceless heroes of the best decade of music.

I saw the film this morning and enjoyed it very much.

Interesting that how these guys lived in a huge bubble for a fixed period of time, much like The Funk Brothers legacy and others, it all eventually went away as music styles and technology changed...The Hal Blaine thing is a bit mind blowing...He confesses that he had the mansion in the Hollywood Hills, a Rolls Royce, and a yacht during his heyday...the most recorded drummer in history, and through divorces and the music changing lost it all...the house, the Rolls, had the yacht repossessed, and ended up in Arizona for a time working as a security guard. Same with Carol Kaye, who bragged that she was making more money than the President of the United States, and today lives quite modestly in a senior citizens community as I'm told...a very bitter person...

Thank you very much, Stu. I love these guys. They backed up an awful lot of artists, but they'll always be Phil Spector's Wrecking Crew to me.

True enough Gary...Phil's "Wall of Sound" was revolutionary...

Finally. Ther was a good review on NPR yesterday. This is one I'd like to see.

Looking forward to this being released in the UK....and eventually getting a DVD of it too.

It opened here in Central Florida at a few theatres yesterday, 3/20/15. The paper gave it a good review too.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Looking forward to this being released in the UK....and eventually getting a DVD of it too.
    me too cheers

Well done and 5 out of 5 stars. Just saw this yesterday and it is another great documentary on studio musicians. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. It has some great stories that are sad, interesting and funny to boot. We now have Muscle Shoals, Standing In The Shadow of Motown and now The Wrecking Crew.

There is at least one more group of musicians left out and that is MFSB. I hope someone is going to do a story on the Philly Sound. They surely deserve it.

For those who can't get the DVD, this appeared on NetFlix the day after I got mine. It's very well done and recommended viewing.