[REMOVE ADS]

Exclamation The Supremes LMC on Hawaii at H.I.C Arena

Well, here's a live track on YT, of The Supremes [[Lynda, Mary and Cindy) singing: Stoned Love, what a great performance! Iv'e heard that the full concert was recorded, any info?

Cindy is pregnant here!

This must be around the time jean got "sick" and cindy had to return after having just left. I like lyndas voice on lead.

Lynda Lawrence sound great on this song. Shes a pretty woman with a real lovely voice.

Roberta

out of all the periods in the Sup history, i have to say i think this is one that doesn't get as much discussion. Mary wrote about the search for Cindy's replacement, the problems with the Australian tour in spring 72 and doing the shows with L and C. she hints at this "illness" issue with jean but that's about it. most of the time the discussions devolve into whether people like Lynda or not. leaving that aside, i think there are some really interesting points:

1. what if Cindy hadn't left? would their tours that spring have held? also they had few tv spots - none in the US for Auto Sunshine. if she had stayed, maybe there would have been more push for Auto and it would have charted better. and that could have kept their recording reputation better in tact

2. changing the show - there's been talk about how later in 72 they started re-using a lot of old DRATS charts. songs like TCB, Somewhere, You're Nobody. i've read a couple of sources where Lynda says she tried to encourage the group to update their image. maybe less lead + 2 backgrounds and more of trio and 3 leads. perhaps that would have been a better route that reverting to DRATS stuff

3. Stevie earlier - i know many like the Jimmy Webb set. there are things i like, things i don't like about it. but i do like the "funky" approach Stevie took with BW and wonder if when Lynda came on board if they had brought BW then too. fresh new sound, more even distribution of leads and presence of all 3 women.