[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dry Spell

Dry Spell

It seems that we are experiencing a lengthy dry spell for Motown classic artists' releases. What is on the horizon for upcoming releases by these artists,whether new material, expanded reissues, or compilations?

Boy, do I ever miss HipO Select!

Also, anything from ACE or other companies that are licensed to release Motown material?
    Thelma Houston's "Any Way You Like It [[Expanded)" just came out! Yippee! That's ONE new thing! :-)
    Last edited by longtimefan; 03-04-2015 at 09:52 AM.

There was supposed to be an expanded Supremes A Go-Go but nothing seems to be happening!

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Boy, do I ever miss HipO Select!
    I think it's now called Digital-Even-More-Selective [[at least in regards to the wonderful work of Harry Weinger, Andy Skurow, and George Solomon).
    It appears that basic Motown re-issues [[ no remixes, bonus tracks, stellar liner notes & booklets) are being offered digitally from time to time.
    You know that Harry & team would like to get releases out in a timely fashion, but other unspoken factors prohibit it currently.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekylincs View Post
    There was supposed to be an expanded Supremes A Go-Go but nothing seems to be happening!
    And an expanded Supremes Sing HDH is also being prepared. Andy Skurow indicated that another project is to be released in March, although he could not reveal what that is.

I really wish a label like Funkytowngrooves would pick up the baton with these releases. I haven't bought these latest digital releases and never will. Such a shame. I really treasure those early expanded cd's Hip-O used to do.

Some of us have been concerned about Harry's long, unexplained silence. I spoke with him briefly yesterday [[not about releases) via his Universal email address. I'm glad to report that he is still alive and kicking.

As far as the disturbing dry spell goes regarding new Motown re-issues, I used to go into Amazon faithfully every other day, searching for new product by every Motown artist I could think of. It took a while, but it was well worth it because I always turned up something new, even if it was just a download [[which is better than nothing). But, now that the dry spell has been in full swing, I don't even bother checking any more. Too discouraging. You're right about Motown Select. I used to check their website every day for new releases. It was a great one-stop source for finding what we need. Now, it's like visiting a graveyard. R.I.P.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-04-2015 at 01:26 PM.

I expect there'll be another batch of Japanese SHM releases before very long - though having learned that some of the last lot may be vinyl copies I will think twice about buying any of these [[but would certainly like The Originals "Naturally Together" if that's possible - expect Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers may be more likely). Looks like Thelma's "The Devil In Me" could be a fore-runner?

Then there are bound to be more Soul Music Records releases and BBR too plus Culture Factory must have some more Four Tops due in mini LP format. We also know there's something new on the way from Ace/Kent. Drought - what drought?

In some respects it's a pity about the change in copyright laws since Hallmark could have otherwise brought us a batch of 1963 releases.

People: For albums with of huge names like Led Zeppelin and Bruce Springsteen, it's still a CD world. For albums relatively limited runs, it's either reissued vinyl or downloads. You might get a very limited CD run. Gotta get with the program!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    People: For albums with of huge names like Led Zeppelin and Bruce Springsteen, it's still a CD world. For albums relatively limited runs, it's either reissued vinyl or downloads. You might get a very limited CD run. Gotta get with the program!
    With one exception [[Tata Vega's 4th Motown album), even downloads seem to have come to a halt.

Hey Soulster, did you see the Switch CD’s that I posted for you under the Tommy DeBarge autobiography thread? - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-04-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    With one exception [[Tata Vega's 4th Motown album), even downloads seem to have come to a halt.
    You'll have to ask the record company about that. Maybe it's not selling, and it's taking up valuable server space. Seriously, go out on the street and ask a bunch of people who Tata Vega is. I know she's a singer who recorded for Motown, but, to this day, I don't think I have heard a note of her music, even if I do have one or two of her songs in my collection.

Hey Soulster, did you see the Switch CD’s that I posted for you under the Tommy DeBarge autobiography thread? - Gary
    No, i'll take a look. I do have two CDs from Masterpiece Classics, a U.K. company. That's it. I would be very happy with lossless downloads from Pono for the rest. I would rather not have a CD because I don't want extra "stuff". I'm trying to downsize my possessions.

You'll have to ask the record company about that. Maybe it's not selling, and it's taking up valuable server space. Seriously, go out on the street and ask a bunch of people who Tata Vega is. I know she's a singer who recorded for Motown, but, to this day, I don't think I have heard a note of her music, even if I do have one or two of her songs in my collection.
    No, no, you misunderstood. I have no question regarding Tata Vega. What I said was, Tata Vega’s 4th Motown album was released as a download several weeks ago [[two months, maybe?). Since then, there have been no Motown releases [[download nor CD) that I know of.

No, no, you misunderstood. I have no question regarding Tata Vega. What I said was, Tata Vega’s 4th Motown album was released as a download several weeks ago [[two months, maybe?). Since then, there have been no Motown releases [[download nor CD) that I know of.
    I see. These record labels are always in a state of change. Their priorities seem to switch from day to day. Different corporate management comes in, has their own agendas, and change things. They listen to the bean counters. They try to keep up with the changes in the marketplace, all while keeping an eye on the bottom line.

What I understand is that the labels are busy trying to upgrade their vaults, trying to create high-resolution digital masters so they can be sold online as hi-rez and lossless. When I keep harping on hi-rez and lossless around here, it's because that's really where the industry and market is going. And, once iTunes abandons those lossy AAC files, it's game over for compressed music, and the sooner, the better!

Speaking for myself, I am a 60 year old who is somewhat computer savvy, however, I love to be able to hold , look at and even read physical product. Therefore while I have resisted downloads up to this point, I understand physical product is not going to be in our future for much longer. I believe Satisfaction Guaranteed was the last physical product released. If everyone on this site purchase a copy and then sent 10 copies to friends who set 10 copies to friends. Those sales would not amount to coming close to recouping costs.Also, that set while good, I don't believe I have played since I purchased it, what was it, a year ago?

motown4ever, I have just about broken my need to have physical product. I miss the liner notes, and creative artwork that came with it. I miss the smell of a warm, played tape, and love seeing the record label spin around. But, i'm after the sound and the music, first and foremost.

I had the same thought recently - last year, I think starting around late spring, many titles were being made available as downloads [[including lossless on Qobuz). Most of these had been previously released on cd, while some were digital debuts, including a few albums by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Smokey Robinson [[solo), and Mary Wells Live on Stage. Then, I guess around early autumn, these releases seemed to stop.

There are still titles which were released as cds but have not appeared as downloads [[I was hoping for Jr Walker & The All Stars' "Gotta Hold Onto This Feeling") and there are still several albums which have never been released digitally at all [[from Jr Walker, The Undisputed Truth, The Four Tops on ABC Dunhill, etc). I hope that Universal didn't pull the plug on these download releases.
    Last edited by calvin; 03-07-2015 at 07:21 AM.

And Gary - hi, it's been a while. Regarding those Switch cds you mentioned here [[and listed in the DeBarge thread), please note that PTG [[or "Vinyl Masterpiece", it's the same company) is a vinyl rip label. I've read Amazon reviews that say PTG fades some songs out early before the vinyl pops get loud enough [[relative to the music) to be obvious. I avoid releases from this label.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Movin-On-The.../dp/B00FZVNS9E

http://www.amazon.com/Radiant-Atlant...rds=B000NOK9TK

I think it's a poor decision by Universal to license companies to release these albums as vinyl rips when the masters are available, and recently [[from another thread) we learned that Universal Japan is doing it themselves [[GC Cameron). This can only hurt future sales as customers can't be confident that they will get a quality product.
    Last edited by calvin; 03-07-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    ...and there are still several albums which have never been released digitally at all [[from Jr Walker, The Undisputed Truth, The Four Tops on ABC Dunhill, etc).
    The Four Tops' "Keeper Of The Castle" was issued on CD in the late 80s, although I missed out on it initially. A few years ago, I found it somewhere on the internet and downloaded it. I don't feel bad about it, as I already have two vinyl copies of it. I'd rather buy a remastered version of it, though.

I hope that Universal didn't pull the plug on these download releases.
    Oh no! They won't do that. Selling downloads is too much of a big deal now, especially since Pono has encouraged the record labels to give us everything as lossless downloads. It's cheaper for the labels to do that than manufacture a CD with the artwork, case, liner notes, distribution...
    Last edited by soulster; 03-07-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Just to be clear, the part above about downloading "Keeper of The Castle" from the internet was not part of my quote!

I have that one on cd, I posted a scan of the disc once in this forum because some people didn't believe that it existed. We noted in that thread that the cd is missing the reprise of the song "Keeper of the Castle" at the end, for whatever reason.

Just to be clear, the part above about downloading "Keeper of The Castle" from the internet was not part of my quote!
    I fixed the formatting.

I have that one on cd, I posted a scan of the disc once in this forum because some people didn't believe that it existed. We noted in that thread that the cd is missing the reprise of the song "Keeper of the Castle" at the end, for whatever reason.
    I remember that thread. But, MY copy of the CD has the reprise. We noted that, too.

Just all the more reason the album needs to be remastered.

I fixed the formatting.

I remember that thread. But, MY copy of the CD has the reprise. We noted that, too.

Just all the more reason the album needs to be remastered.

Are the guys from UMG even reading this forum anymore, or are they too busy listening to the Diana Ross faction?

And Gary - hi, it's been a while. Regarding those Switch cds you mentioned here [[and listed in the DeBarge thread), please note that PTG [[or "Vinyl Masterpiece", it's the same company) is a vinyl rip label. I've read Amazon reviews that say PTG fades some songs out early before the vinyl pops get loud enough [[relative to the music) to be obvious. I avoid releases from this label.

I think it's a poor decision by Universal to license companies to release these albums as vinyl rips when the masters are available, and recently [[from another thread) we learned that Universal Japan is doing it themselves [[GC Cameron). This can only hurt future sales as customers can't be confident that they will get a quality product.
    Hi, Calvin! Good to hear from you. It’s been way too long!

Yes, I’m aware of the vinyl-ripping that’s been going on, although I must admit that they sound nothing like the vinyl-to-CD transfers from a few years ago which sounded positively horrible. Current technology has allowed them to make a vinyl rip which, to my ears, sounds like a mastertape transfer [[with the exception of G.C. Cameron’s recent self-titled Universal Japan release in which two tracks contain vinyl surface noise as well as a blantant tick/pop). Ridiculous! It sure makes you wonder why they would stoop to such low standards when the actual mastertape is readily available.

I was NOT aware, however, that the vinyl rippers have been fading songs out early to avoid the crackly original fadeouts. [[Fortunately, for me, the few titles that I bought were not albums that I was all that familiar with, so their early fade-outs went over the top of my head. Of course, if they were to cop an early fade-out on a track by The Supremes or any other 1960's Motown artist whose recordings I know pretty much by heart, I would recognize the early fade immediately and would be accordingly pissed!)

As I stated in my response to you in the other thread, it’s as though Universal is going out of its way to dig its own grave. Unfortunately, they’re dragging Harry, Andy, George, and we faithful Motown fans down with them. - Gary

Gary, I'm not against vinyl rips per se. I have a lot of very old recordings where there was no choice but to do a vinyl rip [[because vinyl is all that exists), and I'm happy to have these on cd.

But it's the principle here. Universal has the masters. So if Universal is putting an album out on cd [[or licensing it to someone else) and asking us to spend our hard-earned money on it, why can't they at least make the effort of using the masters to give us better quality? If it's going to be a vinyl rip, you may as well just go out and buy a used copy of the album instead of an overpriced vinyl rip cd.

Or, if they're going to do a release as download only, why not let us buy it from sites that offer lossless downloads? When I wrote to Qobuz about "Funny Girl", Qobuz responded that they would like to offer the title but it wasn't made available to them.

After getting burned a couple of times, I can understand people who don't want to purchase music from these record companies any more.
    Last edited by calvin; 03-07-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Gary, i've been ripping my vinyl for more than a decade, and I never fade my music out to cover up crackles. I eliminate the crackles.
    Last edited by soulster; 03-08-2015 at 03:32 AM.

supremester Guest
    I love some of the Japanese reissues like Reflections. Some, not so much. You have to kiss a few frogs to find a prince. I miss album covers, CD's and 45's but I do like the convenience of everything om itunes so downloads are fine with me. It's about the music, for me, anyway. Baby It's Me & Funny Girl [[my least fave Supremes LP) - two of my least fave albums, both sound much better in these reissues.

PS: If you have seen The Color Purple, you have heard fab Tata Vega [[Miss Cellie's Blues")
    Last edited by supremester; 03-07-2015 at 07:09 PM.

Gary, i've been ripping my vinyl for more tha a fecade, and I never fade my music out to cove4r up crackles. I eliminate the crackles.
    Hey, Soulster! Whenever I made CD compilations which included tracks dubbed from vinyl, I, too, had to fade out a few seconds early to avoid the surface noise. How did you get around it? Do you use a CEDAR noise-reduction system or something similar? - Gary

Gary, I'm not against vinyl rips per se. I have a lot of very old recordings where there was no choice but to do a vinyl rip [[because vinyl is all that exists), and I'm happy to have these on cd.

But it's the principle here. Universal has the masters. So if Universal is putting an album out on cd [[or licensing it to someone else) and asking us to spend our hard-earned money on it, why can't they at least make the effort of using the masters to give us better quality? If it's going to be a vinyl rip, you may as well just go out and buy a used copy of the album instead of an overpriced vinyl rip cd.

Or, if they're going to do a release as download only, why not let us buy it from sites that offer lossless downloads? When I wrote to Qobuz about "Funny Girl", Qobuz responded that they would like to offer the title but it wasn't made available to them.

After getting burned a couple of times, I can understand people who don't want to purchase music from these record companies any more.
    Hi Calvin - Believe me, I understand, and I agree whole-heartedly with everything you're saying. Like you said, it makes no sense whatsoever that the owners of the master-tapes would resort to remastering from a vinyl source when they could -- and should -- be using the real thing. Now, if they had no other choice due to a damaged master-tape, I would be more understanding and certainly grateful, but until I hear that that's the case, I have to seriously wonder. But, heck, Calvin -- who are we kiddin'? Personally, I'm not strong enough to put my foot down and ban my future purchases of Motown product. When I see the release of a new Motown CD reissue on a label that's famous for vinyl rips, I cave and fold like a cheap tent for fear that it may be my last and only chance to get it on CD. I guess there's nothing we can do but grit our teeth and roll with the punches, hoping for the best. - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-08-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Hey, Soulster! Whenever I made CD compilations which included tracks dubbed from vinyl, I, too, had to fade out a few seconds early to avoid the surface noise. How did you get around it? Do you use a CEDAR noise-reduction system or something similar? - Gary
    Well, you have to start out with the cleanest record you can get. Use distilled water and a drop or two of Dawn dish soap, and a couple of clean, non-abrasive cloths, even a hair dryer! Second, your turntable and phono amp have to be up to snuff, with no ground loops.

It's best to record at at least 24-bit to help keep the noise floor low as possible. If you can't reduce the record's surface noise that way, use a little judicious noise reduction only after you carefully use a click/pop eliminator. Here's the trick: you aren't going to get good results with Audacity, Nero, Roxio, or any of that other mess. You have to spend a little money. The good news is, you don't have to break the bank.

You can buy Click Repair for $40 http://www.clickrepair.net/ I use it and it works wonders! It's a steal for that price, and for what it can do. It's a very simple program to use.

If you can spend a couple of hundred dollars more, iZotope RX is highly recommended for all of your audio restoration needs. https://www.izotope.com/en/products/audio-repair/rx/ I have been using the older version, but I still get great results.

These two, I use along with Adobe Audition 3 and CS4, and I use them all on every project I do. I get very professional results, and my needledrops sound like they could have come from a master tape. Of course, one must develop the skill to get those results.

It you can afford even more, you should also consider Sony Spectral Layers http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/spectralayerspro It is also included in Sound Forge 11. It is highly recommended for very elaborate audio manipulation.

OK, you probably aren't up to that level of expertise, but even I started out somewhere. In 1998, my first vinyl rips were horrible, and the software I used was terrible. I first used CD Creator, and then DCArt32. Then, I discovered Cool Edit 96, and then the ball got rolling. I got Cool Edit 2000 the day it was released, and kept moving up from there. Since then, i've gone through dozens of programs, free and paid-for, and developed the skill for getting good results. But, I cannot stress the importance of cleaning your records and using a good cartridge with a good stylus, along with a good turntable. If you don't have a clean enough signal going into the computer, the game is lost already, and no amount of software or skill will help you. You do NOT have to have a $1500 turntable, either, but don't use that $150 thing you got at Walmart, either.

We should have a thread on doing needledrops for those of us who are interested. After all, it's about the music.
    Last edited by soulster; 03-08-2015 at 04:12 AM.

We should have a thread on doing needledrops for those of us who are interested. After all, it's about the music.
    I would be interested, but I imagine that this is quite time consuming - both learning to do it well and even just doing it after learning - and I just don't have that time. Plus, several of the titles I'd have interest in would be hard to find and too expensive on vinyl. My hope now is that I'll see more of these titles released as [[lossless) downloads.

Hi Calvin - Believe me, I understand, and I agree whole-heartedly with everything you're saying. Like you said, it makes no sense whatsoever that the owners of the master-tapes would resort to remastering from a vinyl source when they could -- and should -- be using the real thing. Now, if they had no other choice due to a damaged master-tape, I would be more understanding and certainly grateful, but until I hear that that's the case, I have to seriously wonder. But, heck, Calvin -- who are we kiddin'? Personally, I'm not strong enough to put my foot down and ban my future purchases of Motown product. When I see the release of a new Motown CD reissue on a label that's famous for vinyl rips, I cave and fold like a cheap tent for fear that it may be my last and only chance to get it on CD. I guess there's nothing we can do but grit our teeth and roll with the punches, hoping for the best. - Gary
    Yeah Gary, buying a vinyl rip cd depends on how badly one wants the title, how rare/expensive used vinyl copies are, etc. But it's good to know when purchasing a cd if it's a vinyl rip so one can make an informed choice.

I just find it very disappointing to see Universal titles, for which the masters exist, being released as vinyl rips. Or to see a title being released as a digital remaster download in the US but as a vinyl rip cd in Europe. It shows that some of the decision-makers at Universal just don't care about giving their customers a quality product.
    Last edited by calvin; 03-08-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Motown Keepers...
    Attachment 9231

Here's a title that was on some of the "wish lists" - Jimmy Ruffin, "The Groove Governor":

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/the.../0060254716605

Here's a title that was on some of the "wish lists" - Jimmy Ruffin, "The Groove Governor":

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/the.../0060254716605
    Thanks, Calvin. I was one of the posters who expressed a request for Jimmy Ruffin’s "The Groove Governor" as well as The Temptations "Wings Of Love", both of which, I just discovered, are available as loss-worthy downloads from Amazon. - Gary

JIMMY RUFFIN - "The Groove Governor"
    http://www.amazon.com/Groove-Governo...roove+governor

THE TEMPTATIONS - "Wings Of Love"
    http://www.amazon.com/Wings-Love-Tem...+wings+of+love

Hi Gary, yes I also requested this one and I bought the download.

These downloads are released so quietly it would be easy to miss them, so I appreciate it when someone in the forum mentions a new title - especially if it's a digital debut or somehow different from the original cd [[as with the Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "What Love Has…" download, which has extra tracks).

I could be mistaken, but I believe that all the songs from this Jimmy Ruffin album have appeared on cd, but some only in mono. This is the stereo LP.

honest man Guest
    [ Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "What Love Has…" download, which has extra tracks).Thank you Calvin for the update are there anymore of these downloads with added extra tracks available,wish someone would shout it outwhen thet are,marketing for these items are S--T,thanks that we have SDF ,missed sales mean less releases,i just don't get it.cheers.

E]

Hi Honest Man, there were two previously-unreleased songs on the "What Love Has..." download:
    [[You've Got Me) Looking Through The Eyes Of Love
    Paper People

There's also a Dorsey Burnette download, "The Complete Motown Recordings 1964-1965" which has some previously-unreleased tracks. And of course the "Motown Unreleased" series - 1962, 1963, and 1964, as well as The Supremes "Funny Girl" which was discussed extensively in several threads.

Some albums also made their digital debut as downloads [[ie they had previously only been released on vinyl and perhaps other analogue formats, but never on cd) but without bonus tracks, such as:
    Mary Wells Live On Stage
    Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - A Pocket Full Of Miracles, One Dozen Roses, and Flying High Together.
    Jimmy Ruffin - The Groove Governor

That's what comes to mind for the "classic Motown" years. If anyone can add something, please do.
    Last edited by calvin; 03-28-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    And an expanded Supremes Sing HDH is also being prepared. Andy Skurow indicated that another project is to be released in March, although he could not reveal what that is.
    March is almost over and????????

Some albums also made their digital debut as downloads [[ie they had previously only been released on vinyl and perhaps other analogue formats, but never on cd) but without bonus tracks, such as:
    Mary Wells Live On Stage
    Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - A Pocket Full Of Miracles, One Dozen Roses, and Flying High Together.

That's what comes to mind for the "classic Motown" years. If anyone can add something, please do.
    Now available at iTunes as a STEREO download [[previously on cd and download in mono only)- The Supremes Sing Country Western and Pop.

Also -
    Martha & The Vandellas Live!
    Stevie Wonder Live at the Talk Of The Town

honest man Guest
    Hi Honest Man, there were two previously-unreleased songs on the "What Love Has..." download:
    Paper People

There's also a Dorsey Burnette download, "The Complete Motown Recordings 1964-1965" which has some previously-unreleased tracks. And of course the "Motown Unreleased" series - 1962, 1963, and 1964, as well as The Supremes "Funny Girl" which was discussed extensively in several threads.

Mary Wells Live On Stage

Thanks Calvin yes im up to date it was the 2 unissued songs that caught my eye thanks ,Hope we will be made aware of unissued songs as they happen, all im interested in at this moment of time i more or less have what i need on CDR etc will not be wasting money-or time on duplicating repeating releases.cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    [ Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "What Love Has…" download, which has extra tracks).Thank you Calvin for the update are there anymore of these downloads with added extra tracks available,wish someone would shout it outwhen thet are,marketing for these items are S--T,thanks that we have SDF ,missed sales mean less releases,i just don't get it.cheers.

E]
    Honest man, and THE TEMPTATIONS "Wings Of Love" [[Amazon).

I still can't find Martha & The Vandellas Live! other than on vinyl. I don't see it on itunes or Amazon. Is it only available in other countries and not the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeho View Post
    I still can't find Martha & The Vandellas Live! other than on vinyl. I don't see it on itunes or Amazon. Is it only available in other countries and not the US?
    This was up on iTunes and Amazon for a few months around end 2013/early 2014 and was discussed in this thread:
    http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...Vandellas-Live!

It mysteriously disappeared from those sites, but is still on Google Play [[in the UK at least):
    https://play.google.com/store/music/...jy35m&hl=en_GB

It's listed as "© 2013 Master Classics", whatever that was. Was this an "official" release from Universal?
    Last edited by calvin; 03-29-2015 at 03:31 AM.

From Calvin:

Paper People

Just discovered these 2 songs are up on YT!

Paper People:

I do see it on Google in the US. Strange. It is also not listed with the rest of their albums.

I don't believe that "Funny Girl" by Diana Ross & The Supremes was ever made available in the UK on download.

I finally downloaded Martha & The Vandellas Live! ... and one question for anyone who listened to the original album. Did the songs fade? Even the intro fades... or maybe it's a Google thing?

Since I've read the mono and stereo versions were two different shows, why hasn't this been released as an expanded album with both?
    Last edited by Cadeho; 04-08-2015 at 12:19 AM.

Cadeho - Fans have been asking for the mono/stereo recording to be issued for years. But up to now it has been on deaf ears. I would love to have seen this as a Hip-O CD release.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeho View Post
    I finally downloaded Martha & The Vandellas Live! ... and one question for anyone who listened to the original album. Did the songs fade? Even the intro fades... or maybe it's a Google thing?
    On the original stereo LP, "My Baby Loves Me" [[the last song on side 1) and the medley [[the last song on side 2) were faded out, but otherwise - no.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    I don't believe that "Funny Girl" by Diana Ross & The Supremes was ever made available in the UK on download.
    It's been on iTunes UK for a while, I think since late last summer or so. It's also on Qobuz [[France) in cd quality [[16 bit/44.1 kHz).
    http://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/dia.../0060253784274