[REMOVE ADS]

Cool SOUL JAZZ BOOKS - "DISCO: An Encyclopedic Guide To The Cover Art Of Disco Records"

For the benefit of those who may not be aware of this, last week, I discovered one of the most impressive coffee-table books I’ve ever seen. Published by Soul Jazz Books [[November 30, 2014), it’s titled, "Disco: An Encyclopedic Guide To The Cover Art Of Disco Records". This sucker is huge – Hardcover, 12" x 12", 383 pages, 1 ½ inches thick, and printed on high-quality glossy paper. [[Believe me when I say it’s physically heavy, as it weighs in at nearly 7 lbs.!) Professional and attractive as can be, it features more than 2,000 [[yes, two-thousand) album-cover designs, as well as more than 200 12" disco-single sleeves from the various record companies, released during the disco era from the early 1970's through the mid-1980's.

The majority of the book lists the dance-related record companies in alphabetical order, chapter by chapter, including a biography of each label, ranging from AVI Records up through and including West End Records, including Ariola, Black Sun, Butterfly, Casablanca, Delite, Emergency, Fantasy and WMOT, Malligator-Crocos, Matra, Montage, OUT, Philadelphia International, Prelude, Salsoul, SAM, TK, Unidisc, Uniwave, Vanguard, and Venture labels in between. The album-cover photo images for Philadelphia International and Salsoul Records alone are staggering! Just when you think you’ve already got it all, I even learned of a few releases which were completely new to me. Really cool stuff!

My copy arrived just a few days ago via Amazon [[U.S.) The only disappointment that I’ve encountered so far is that, when the book first arrived, I headed first thing for the chapter on Motown. Imagine my shock when it wasn’t there, as Motown contributed a ton of music during the Disco era. Come to find out, the chapters in the main section of the book are for Disco record companies which were formed during the Disco era, which is precisely what this book is about. Motown, as I soon discovered, is in the after-thought chapter titled "Atlantic, Motown, And Other Labels". Having already established themselves as major-league music makers, Atlantic and Motown didn’t qualify; although, had I published the book, Motown and Atlantic would be listed right up there amidst the other Disco labels from A-Z. Other than that, I’m pleased as punch with this delightful discovery.

There is also a chapter devoted to 12" sleeves released by each record label. This, I’m pleased to say, does indeed include Motown and Atlantic. It’s interesting to note that Motown issued their 12"-Single dance releases on 5 different 12" jackets throughout the Disco era, the most recognizable, of course, being the 12" two-toned blue Motown record-label jacket with the 6-inch-high map of Michigan and the huge red, orange, yellow, and green "MOTOWN DISCO" lettering catching the eye, while clarifying "Long-Playing 12" Disco Single" at the bottom.

Among the many musicians featured here are Bohannon, James Brown, Jocelyn Brown, Cerrone, our own Dennis Coffey, Donna Summer, Chic, Fatback Band, Gino Soccio, Giorgio Moroder, Gloria Gaynor, Grace Jones, Isaac Hayes, Kool And The Gang, DC LaRue, Loleatta Holloway, MFSB, Ohio Players, Salsoul Orchestra, and The Trammps, among countless others.

All in all, this is a fascinating book, presented by Disco Patrick and Patrick Vogt including a Foreword by Tom Moulton and Nicky Siano, and an Introduction by Claes "Discoguy" Widlund. Many of the photos of the album covers are 16 to a page, whereas some pages are four large album photos to a page or even full-page photos. In some cases, the album-cover reproduction is a full, two-page spread. Some of the album covers from the disco era were much more, shall we say, "risque" than I had remembered. Might be a good idea to tuck that coffee-table copy away when your mother or grandmother come for a visit! Just a suggestion!

Oh, did I mention that the total price for this super book at Amazon is a mere $33.71? [[I couldn’t believe it! I would have expected to pay anywhere from $50-$100, considering all that you get.) As a collector, I love this book and I can’t recommend it highly enough. If you love the Disco era, this book is for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Disco-Encyclop...n+encyclopedic
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-03-2015 at 01:51 AM.

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like a wonderful book. I just ordered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. It looks like a wonderful book. I just ordered it.
    You're very welcome, Guy. You're gonna love it! - Gary

Thanks. Do the give chart info and biographies?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks. Do the give chart info and biographies?
    You’re welcome, Luke. No, this encyclopedic publication is pretty much album-cover visuals and 12" Single album jackets. There is a biography of each record label contained at the beginning of each chapter, but there is no artist-biography chapter. It gives the label and year of release for each album pictured, but that’s it. With more than 2,000 album covers shown, however, you won’t be disappointed.

If you want a dance-music book with artist, song title, and chart info., the book to get is Joel Whitburn’s "Hot Dance/Disco 1974-2003" [[based on Billboard’s Hot Dance/Disco Club Play charts). It includes peak chart positions, number of weeks on the charts, and very short biographies for most, but not all, artists. I have this book in my collection, but, somehow, it never really tripped my trigger. It is out of print [[I got my copy when it first came out), but it’s still available through third-party dealers on Amazon [[U.S.), if you’re willing to pay the out-of-print price:

http://www.amazon.com/Billboards-Hot...e%2Fdisco+book

In addition to the Soul Jazz Disco encyclopedic book mentioned in the title of this thread, the VERY BEST book to own is "The Disco Files 1973-1978: New York’s Underground Week-By-Week By Vince Aletti" [[Published in 2009). This is my Disco Bible. I’ll let you open up the link and read for yourself what it contains [[800 week-by-week regional club charts, new weekly album/12"-Single releases, and 2,000 record reviews, all of which were originally published in Vince’s column in Record World magazine back in the day. Again, unfortunately, this book is shamefully out of print. As a result, the price gougers are out in full force for this one, with the least expensive Amazon third-party-dealer price commanding more than $238.00. [[Ebay has a brand new copy available for $200.00) Fortunately, I bought my copy four years ago when it was still in print. If I had to do it over again, however, I would buy it -- even at the above exhorbitant prices. THAT’s how good "The Disco Files" is. Here’s the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Disco-Files-19...sco+files+book

Guy and Luke -- and anyone who is interested -- Hope this helps you out. - Gary

Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-05-2015 at 05:35 AM.

Very helpful Gary..thank you. Just received chart book comparing bb Cashbox and rw. Would love disco hits book but just too expensive for me.

PS..it's back on record research website for $65..just ordered..thanks again!

Sure, no problem, Luke. Any time. - Gary

PS..it's back on record research website for $65..just ordered..thanks again!
    Hey, that's great! I checked djhistory.com yesterday to see if they might still have a copy of "The Disco Files" in stock, but they didn't. "Keep an eye" open, though. You never know when or where a copy [[new or like-new) might show up [[eBay, Amazon, etc.) - Gary

Very helpful Gary..thank you. Just received chart book comparing bb Cashbox and rw. Would love disco hits book but just too expensive for me.
    Hey, Luke, who's the author and what's the title of the reference book you just got that compares Billboard, Cashbox, and Record World chart placings? Are they comparing Disco/Club chart entries? - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-05-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Jack, it sure does! I just bought "First Ladies Of Disco" last week! In fact, it arrived just a few days ago! Haven’t had a chance to read it yet, though. It’s sitting on top of a pile of 9 other music books waiting to be read. But thanks! I can hardly wait to read the 32 interviews. If you should spot any other new disco-related book releases [[reference books or otherwise), let me know. - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-06-2015 at 03:28 AM.

Hi Gary,
    I got the DiscoFiles 73-78 a few years ago and it made me take a lot of my old 12-inch records out of the cupboards. I also noticed that quite a few of the disco songs mentioned never really got big in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Hi Gary,
    I got the DiscoFiles 73-78 a few years ago and it made me take a lot of my old 12-inch records out of the cupboards. I also noticed that quite a few of the disco songs mentioned never really got big in Europe.
    Oh, you've got "The Disco Files", too, eh! That book is pretty remarkable! It's amazing how many disco releases existed that I wasn't aware of before. I was able to fill in many gaps in my CD collection because of it. The neatest thing about 'The Disco Files" is that the majority of the records covered within are from the early days of Disco when the music was melodic and soulful [[i.e., tons of "Philly Soul" releases and remixes). Jack, I noticed that you're from The Netherlands. You say the U.S. dance music did not become popular in Europe? I wasn't aware of that. I assumed that American disco caught on everywhere, just like Eurodisco took over here in America during the later years.

Hey, did you ever find the several volumes of Polydor Disco that you were seeking? I had never heard of that particular series. I looked it up on Amazon and eBay for you, but found nothing. - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-06-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Gary..I guess you missed my posting but I ordered the disco hits book..reissued for $ 65 on record research site. Whitburn is author of other book. Will check title. Ladies of Dico was very enjoyable.

Gary..I guess you missed my posting but I ordered the disco hits book..reissued for $ 65 on record research site. Whitburn is author of other book. Will check title. Ladies of Dico was very enjoyable.
    I saw it, Luke. I commented on it above. Then I thought you were referring to yet another book that you received. Also, "First Ladies Of Disco" looks like a fun and interesting read [[although probably depressing after their careers fizzled) . - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-06-2015 at 12:14 PM.

No they were pretty positive and many still perform

Oh, that’s good to hear. I just started reading Bunny DeBarge’s autobiography [[Part 1). When I finish that, I’ll start the "First Ladies Of Disco".

Book is called Joel whitburn presents The Comparison Book. Bunny's book must be very interesting.

Book is called Joel whitburn presents The Comparison Book. Bunny's book must be very interesting.
    Yeah, Luke, Bunny's book is really interesting. I just started reading it today. I’m only on page 20 [[Chapter 2), yet, from the very first page, it's already gripping. She’s on her way home from L.A. to Michigan for the last time – broke, without a Motown contract, addicted, nowhere to stay, and afraid that her adoring family and friends would no longer care about her. Upon landing in Grand Rapids, Michigan, her worst fear came true. She had her three kids in tow, yet nobody bothered showing up at the airport to greet her, nor to give her and her kids a ride to her mother’s home. [[Her own mother had forgotten that Bunny was coming home to stay!) It’s gonna be a roller coaster ride. Thomas DeBarge’s autobiography arrived today. Since I’m already in a DeBarge-family mood, I think I’ll read his book next. Then, I’ll move on to "The First Ladies Of Disco" interviews.

I found your new "Across The Charts" book. It looks interesting, although I already invested in a variety of "Joel Whitburn’s Record Research" Pop-music, R&B, and Disco books back in the late 1990's and early 2000's. Those books make great reference books, but they sure aren’t cheap, are they! Here’s your new one: - Gary

http://www.recordresearch.com/pop/th..._1954-1982.php
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-06-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Hi Gary,
    Disco was popular in Holland and played in the discotheques but not all American disco music was released here so you had to read the USA trade magazines like Cashbox and Billboard for info.
    In Amsterdam there was a record store called Boudisque that got the USA import LPs in the store late saturday afternoon.All the deejays where gathered their to pick up the new releases to play that weekend in the clubs. I had read about the MacArthur Park medley on side 4 of the Donna Summer Live LP, but the rest of the DJs probably had not and did not like the live stuff on the album so I was the only one buying it that afternoon.
    That saturday evening I was DJ -ing in my club which was very crowded because of an international gay meeting in Amsterdam. The moment I started playing MacArthurPark the place went wild and I had to play it again. I think I was the first DJ to play it in Holland that weekend.

Hi Gary,
    Disco was popular in Holland and played in the discotheques but not all American disco music was released here so you had to read the USA trade magazines like Cashbox and Billboard for info.
    In Amsterdam there was a record store called Boudisque that got the USA import LPs in the store late saturday afternoon.All the deejays where gathered their to pick up the new releases to play that weekend in the clubs. I had read about the MacArthur Park medley on side 4 of the Donna Summer Live LP, but the rest of the DJs probably had not and did not like the live stuff on the album so I was the only one buying it that afternoon.
    That saturday evening I was DJ -ing in my club which was very crowded because of an international gay meeting in Amsterdam. The moment I started playing MacArthurPark the place went wild and I had to play it again. I think I was the first DJ to play it in Holland that weekend.
    You're right, Jack, the other d.j.'s undoubtedly thought that the entire album was a live recording. It's a good thing you did your homework and were in the know. The unaware d.j.s' loss was your gain, for sure. The "MacArthur Park Suite" was huge here in the States -- a guaranteed floor-filler if ever there was one. How cool that you were the first one to break it over there in Holland -- and in your own club, no less! Great story, Jack! - Gary

Uh-oh, Luke! Better get out your wallet again! We were just talking about James Arena’s "First Ladies Of Disco" book, right? Look what I just found – he has a companion book, "The First Legends Of Disco" where, this time around, he interviews 40 groups, record producers, more female artists, etc.:

http://www.amazon.com/First-Legends-...gends+of+disco

Got my copy ordered. Should be here Tuesday! - Gary

Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-08-2015 at 02:44 AM.

Hi Gary, the link that I posted above was for First Legends Of Disco!
    I read some chapters on the internet and especially liked the chapter on Bob Esty[[Last Dance,Main Event)

Hi Gary, the link that I posted above was for First Legends Of Disco!
    I read some chapters on the internet and especially liked the chapter on Bob Esty[[Last Dance,Main Event)
    Hey, sorry about that, jack. When I opened your link the other day, it took a while to download. I could have sworn that it finally opened up to "First Ladies Of Disco", yet when I opened it just now, it was indeed "First Legends....". And then Luke and I were talking about "First Ladies...". I should have given you credit as well. I apologize.

Did you end up ordering "First Legends Of Disco"?

Here's another book that was a very interesting read: "And Party Every Day - The Inside Story Of Casablanca Records"
    http://www.amazon.com/Party-Every-Da...blanca+records

as is "A House On Fire - The Rise And Fall Of Philadelphia Soul"

http://www.amazon.com/House-Fire-Ris...tional+records

Lots of good stuff available. - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-08-2015 at 03:46 AM.

Hi Gary,
    I got those 2 titles also.

OMG Gary..I'm gonna go broke but at least I'll enjoy myself! Also ordered r and b top 10 hits book!

Yeah, Luke, tell me about it! At the rate we're goin', we're gonna be eatin' hot dogs and beans for the next month of Sunday's! But, what the heck -- money's only paper unless you spend it, right? And if it doesn't get spent on this, it'll get spent on something else anyway. At least we've got something nice to show for it that'll last forever!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-09-2015 at 11:19 AM.

To Luke, Jack, Guy, and anyone else who may be interested:

Below is a link for one of the BEST sources for Disco CD’s I’ve ever seen. I’ve been ordering from this eBay dealer for the past several years. This dealer is credible, reputable, and friendly, and his CD’s are all 24-bit digitally remastered from the master-tapes. The sound quality on everything I’ve ever bought from him has been phenomenal – and most of the titles he has available for sale are rare – many of which I never thought would see the light of day on CD.

I copied the link for Love Unlimited’s first 20th Century Records CD. When it opens, glance over to the far right side of the page [[under Seller Information) where it says "Papayons Disco Vault". It will open up to reveal the CD covers of his entire store catalog [[about 150 titles throughout 6 separate pages' worth).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOVE-UNLIMIT...-/171680660191

Happy Shopping! - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-10-2015 at 12:28 AM.

Thanks Gary for the info.
    But I noticed some of his titles have recently been released as official release, f.i. The Duncan Sisters.
    Also did you know there will be an official CD Boxset of the first 3 albums by Grace Jones on may 4:
    Portfolio / Fame / Muse - The Disco Years Trilogy

Thanks Gary for the info.
    But I noticed some of his titles have recently been released as official release, f.i. The Duncan Sisters.
    Also did you know there will be an official CD Boxset of the first 3 albums by Grace Jones on may 4:
    Portfolio / Fame / Muse - The Disco Years Trilogy
    Jack, that Duncan Sisters CD is HOT! I bought it sight-unheard just because it looked interesting and, boy, am I glad I did!

No, I wasn't aware of the new Grace Jones CD boxed set. I checked on Amazon but there's no mention of it being available for pre-order. I already have all three titles in her Tom Moulton trilogy. I hate to duplicate all three again, plus I've gotta start coolin' it on the spending. I've been way out of control lately. Well...you said it's a box set. Is it gonna have previously-unreleased bonus tracks? I'm not interested in umpteen different mixes and remixes, but if it's got some songs that will be new to us, I'll more than likely go for it. Do you know which label is releasing it? - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-11-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Track Listings

Disc: 1
    1. Send In The Clowns
    2. What I Did For Love
    3. Tomorrow
    4. La Vie En Rose
    5. Sorry
    6. That's The Trouble
    7. I Need A Man
    8. Sorry [[Long Version)
    9. That's The Trouble [[Long Version)
    10. I Need A Man [[Long Version)
    11. I Need a Man [[Instrumental Version)
    12. Sorry [[Instrumental Version)
    13. That's the Trouble [[Instrumental Version)
    14. La Vie En Rose [[Instrumental Version)
    Disc: 2
    1. Do Or Die
    2. Pride
    3. Fame
    4. Autumn Leaves
    5. All On A Summer's Night
    6. Am I Ever Gonna Fall In Love In New York City
    7. Below The Belt
    8. Do Or Die [[12" Disco Version)
    9. Comme Un Oiseau Qui S'Envole [[Long Version)
    10. Anema E Core [[Long Version)
    11. Do Or Die [[Instrumental Version)
    12. Comme Un Oiseau Qui S'Envole [[Instrumental Version)
    13. Am I Ever Gonna Fall In Love In New York City [[Instrumental Version)
    14. Anema E Core [[Instrumental Version)
    Disc: 3
    1. Sinning
    2. Suffer
    3. Repentance [[Forgive Me)
    4. Saved
    5. Atlantic City Gambler
    6. I'll Find My Way To You
    7. Don't Mess With The Messer
    8. On Your Knees
    9. Don't Mess With The Messer [[Long Version)
    10. La Vie En Rose [[Short Version)
    11. Do Or Die [[Short Version)
    12. Comme Un Oiseau Qui S'Envole [[Short Version)
    13. Am I Ever Gonna Fall In Love In New York City [[Short Version)
    14. On Your Knees [[Edit)
    15. Don't Mess With The Messer [[Edit

Well, Jack, I remained strong in my conviction until I saw "Sorry" [[Long Version) listed as a Bonus track, and then I caved! Thanks for the hot tip. BTW, where did you see this advertised? May 4h, eh? Sounds good! Is this gonna be released on Island Records? - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-12-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Thanks, Jack. For the benefit of those who aren’t aware, James Arena’s "First Ladies Of Disco" book has a companion CD under the same title. It contains Sherry Payne’s original 12" Altair Records mix of "I’m Not In Love/Girl You Know You’re In Love" which, to my knowledge, is the first time it appears on CD from the mastertapes.

[[This CD was released in 2013, although I just discovered it this past week.
    Some of the tracks are remakes by the original artists. Scherrie’s track, however, is the original recording.) - Gary

http://www.amazon.com/First-Ladies-D...adies+of+disco
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-13-2015 at 02:50 AM.

I had to order this book ,based on this thread. I bought two books in 2013 , "Funk and Soul Covers" ,[[LP covers) by Joaquim Paulo and Julius Wiedmann and "12" Sleeves Disco Classics" ,by Toni Rubio. Both had U.S. and Import cover art. Nice addition for my collection. Looking forward to see this book. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    I had to order this book ,based on this thread. I bought two books in 2013 , "Funk and Soul Covers" ,[[LP covers) by Joaquim Paulo and Julius Wiedmann and "12" Sleeves Disco Classics" ,by Toni Rubio. Both had U.S. and Import cover art. Nice addition for my collection. Looking forward to see this book. Thanks guys.
    Hey, you're welcome, daddyacey. That's what we're here for! I'll have to check-out the books that you recommenfed as well. They sound cool! Thanks for the tip. - Gary

Thanks, Jack. I can hardly wait to get this CD boxed set with the bonus tracks. There's just one problem -- it's available for Pre-order on Amazon U.K. but not on Amazon U.S. Now that I've decided I want it, Ihope I don't have trouble getting it.

To: Guy, Luke, Jack, & Daddyacey [[and anyone else who may be interested):

I just discovered that there are TWO companion CD sets to go along with the gigantic SOUL JAZZ DISCO book. I don’t recognize a single group from the track listing on either set, but curiosity got the best of me and I went ahead and ordered a copy of Vol. 1. I sure hope it’s good:

http://www.amazon.com/Disco-Selectio...+jazz+disco+cd

And there is a Vol. 2 [[or, Vol. "B", as they call it):

http://www.amazon.com/Disco-Selectio...WRZBZPJCPQKJ42

Guy and Daddyacey: Did you guys like your Soul Jazz Disco book? - Gary

Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-22-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Gary, your posts are very bad for my wallet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    To Luke, Jack, Guy, and anyone else who may be interested:

Below is a link for one of the BEST sources for Disco CD’s I’ve ever seen. I’ve been ordering from this eBay dealer for the past several years. This dealer is credible, reputable, and friendly, and his CD’s are all 24-bit digitally remastered from the master-tapes. The sound quality on everything I’ve ever bought from him has been phenomenal – and most of the titles he has available for sale are rare – many of which I never thought would see the light of day on CD.

I copied the link for Love Unlimited’s first 20th Century Records CD. When it opens, glance over to the far right side of the page [[under Seller Information) where it says "Papayons Disco Vault". It will open up to reveal the CD covers of his entire store catalog [[about 150 titles throughout 6 separate pages' worth).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOVE-UNLIMIT...-/171680660191

Happy Shopping! - Gary
    Gary, Are these bootleg CDs? They appear to be so as the printing on the discs all appear to be the same type font and contain the same information, regardless of the label they came from. Also there doesn't really appear to be a label named, aside from Premium Series. Do you think they are dubbed from vinyl sources? Any idea?

{"Guy and Daddyacey: Did you guys like your Soul Jazz Disco book? - Gary"}

Yes,........... mine came wednesday and I've only got thru 1/3 of the book ,so far!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Gary, Are these bootleg CDs? They appear to be so as the printing on the discs all appear to be the same type font and contain the same information, regardless of the label they came from. Also there doesn't really appear to be a label named, aside from Premium Series. Do you think they are dubbed from vinyl sources? Any idea?
    No, Kenny, he's a legitimate eBay dealer. I've been buying CD's from Frank Rivero for the past several years. They're all 24-bit remastered from the original master-tapes. If you look at his ads on your PC, just scroll down to see the track listing for each CD and his verification that they're all legit masters. If you're on your SmartPhone, click on Item Description to see the tracklist and the 24-bit verification. The dealer is located in Mexico or New Mexico, and the CD's are all released on a Russian import label [[NOT to be confused with Russian imports from years gone by which were garbage). These are the real deal. Some are a bit pricey, and it takes them a while to arrive, since they have to go through Mexican Customs as well as American Customs, but they're well worth it. They're legal and legit releases. [[I wouldn't have shown the link here if they weren't.) Frank is a good guy and an honest dealer). And they sound fantastic! He's provided some titles that I NEVER thought would see the light of day on CD, such as Alec R. Constandinos' "Romeo & Juliet" [[Casablanca). You wouldn't believe the sound quality on that thing! It's gorgeous! It just goes to show you that, once again, foreign record companies care more about American music than the American companies do. I think it's sad and despicable. - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-23-2015 at 01:17 AM.

Gary, your posts are very bad for my wallet!!!
    Why, thank you, Kenny! HaHa! Join the club! It's not the first time I've been told that, and it probably won't be the last!! - Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    No, Kenny, he's a legitimate eBay dealer. I've been buying CD's from Frank Rivero for the past several years. They're all 24-bit remastered from the original master-tapes. If you look at his ads on your PC, just scroll down to see the track listing for each CD and his verification that they're all legit masters. If you're on your SmartPhone, click on Item Description to see the tracklist and the 24-bit verification. The dealer is located in Mexico or New Mexico, and the CD's are all released on a Russian import label [[NOT to be confused with Russian imports from years gone by which were garbage). These are the real deal. Some are a bit pricey, and it takes them a while to arrive, since they have to go through Mexican Customs as well as American Customs, but they're well worth it. They're legal and legit releases. [[I wouldn't have shown the link here if they weren't.) Frank is a good guy and an honest dealer). And they sound fantastic! He's provided some titles that I NEVER thought would see the light of day on CD, such as Alec R. Constandinos' "Romeo & Juliet" [[Casablanca). You wouldn't believe the sound quality on that thing! It's gorgeous! It just goes to show you that, once again, foreign record companies care more about American music than the American companies do. I think it's sad and despicable. - Gary
    Wow, I'd love to have the "Romeo and Juliet" and the Dennis Parker. Just checked and the R&J is $30! Of course, it's the way I really want!

Wow, I'd love to have the "Romeo and Juliet" and the Dennis Parker. Just checked and the R&J is $30! Of course, it's the way I really want!
    You go for it, Kenny!