[REMOVE ADS]

New postings of the independents performances

Great Chicago outfit featuring Charles Chuck Jackson [[Jesse's brother)

Arise and Shine

And Charles Chuck Jackson on his solo release Ooh Child - a mere 25 views so far..

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Great Chicago outfit featuring Charles Chuck Jackson [[Jesse's brother)

This is great. I remember seeing them in concert in 1973. Thank you Mike because there hasn't been much video footage of them around.

marv, you're up and about early today! These video clips have been posted byVeryBerryCherry ♥. A total of 390 video clips have been posted, loads of interesting and some very rare stuff.... take a look!

cheers

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    marv, you're up and about early today! These video clips have been posted byVeryBerryCherry ♥. A total of 390 video clips have been posted, loads of interesting and some very rare stuff.... take a look!

cheers

Mike
    I have to check them out. Mike you're the best!

Good group,i saw them way back in the day[the early 70's]always liked em.

None of those will play for me, I had to go to youtube to watch a couple. I have all of their
    releases anyway but never got around to seeing them live. Always wished they'd stayed in the game longer....70's soul was the friggin' best...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    None of those will play for me, I had to go to youtube to watch a couple. I have all of their
    releases anyway but never got around to seeing them live. Always wished they'd stayed in the game longer....70's soul was the friggin' best...
    Splanky, whether it was the 3 member grouping or the 4 member grouping the Independents got down! When I saw them, they were appearing at my high school and they put on a fast paced, solid and funky 90 min show. I remember they had an incredible backing band. They deserved much more success.

Helen Curry, their sole female singer had a very beautiful lush voice, the kind that only comes out of the South. I always believed she could have had a great solo career or even
    done well in another group like some other women did post a first group's break up. I
    guess she didn't want to try or nobody else heard what I enjoyed aurally. O well...