[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Marcia Hines

Marcia Hines

I JUST discovered this Australian songstress, what an amazing voice she has!!! Any of you heard of her, and like her?

I bought her Ooh Child album back in 1979. A quirky album, well known session musicians and oddly spotlighted Robie Porter and Mona Lisa Young - but it worked well. Some mainstream songs in the Donna Summer mode, but also songs by Frederick Knight and Charles Chuck Jackson [[See my post today on The Independents and you'l see Chuck Jackson performing his own version of Ooh Child. She's very talented and has had a very successful career - still releasing material... Australia's foremost soul singer...
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 02-28-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Marcia's new release

Opening the Special Olympics - shows her high standing and continuing success in Australia - and just how good live

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    I JUST discovered this Australian songstress, what an amazing voice she has!!! Any of you heard of her, and like her?
    Wow! Jill, I’ve never heard of Marcia Hines, but I like her – a lot! Her voice on "I Just Don’t Know What To Do With Myself" reminds me of P.P. Arnold’s vocals on her recording of "I Go To Pieces Every Time". [[YouTube Video courtesy of Ian Levine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH8pONJSVfY

I just discovered that Marcia has an array of albums available on Amazon [[U.S.) I wonder how she has remained such a secret all this time?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...s=marcia+hines

Thanks for the heads up. I just might have to place an order of Marcia Hines CD’s myself! - Gary

Jill, please clean out your mailbox. thanks.