[REMOVE ADS]

Question The Supremes Photo Question #2

Name:  Screenshot_2015-02-27-19-27-47~2~2.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  74.3 KB

Someone knows from what Tv show is this photo?

Another photo from the same show, was used on Come See About Me cover

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  8.6 KB

The Eamonn Andrews show in London.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Many Thank's reese!! You know what they sang?

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Reese

Are you sure it's not Thank Your Lucky Stars.....and yet I have a funny feeling you're right. lol

I'm also unsure which show it was, but they were here in UK promoting 'Baby Love', October 1964?

And on the subject of 'Come See About Me' , weren't The Supremes fimed for 'Top Of The Pops' while here, miming/lip synching not only Baby Love' but also 'CSAM', ahead of its UK release? If that's true, and it was ever transmitted [[maybe not, as it wasn't too successful), then I don't recall seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    I'm also unsure which show it was, but they were here in UK promoting 'Baby Love', October 1964?

And on the subject of 'Come See About Me' , weren't The Supremes fimed for 'Top Of The Pops' while here, miming/lip synching not only Baby Love' but also 'CSAM', ahead of its UK release? If that's true, and it was ever transmitted [[maybe not, as it wasn't too successful), then I don't recall seeing it.
    I was thinking the same thing. Those dresses and wigs look suspiciously similar to those worn on TOTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    Many Thank's reese!! You know what they sang?
    I have no idea what they sang or if it is really from the Eamonn Andrews show.

I have a 1965 Supremes concert program and the above photo is in it. There is also a photo of the girls backstage with the same outfits, wigs, and an actor named [[I think) Lawrence Harvey. It says it was taken when they were all guests on the Eamonn Andrews show in London. The only thing that makes me somewhat doubt it is the tv cameras seem to be labeled ABC-TV. Was there an ABC-TV in the UK?
    Last edited by reese; 02-27-2015 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Reese

Are you sure it's not Thank Your Lucky Stars.....and yet I have a funny feeling you're right. lol
    I've seen photos of them taken on the THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS set but they were wearing red.

Reese

Yes, there was an ABC TV company here in the UK [[Associated British Corporation), with studios in Teddington , Greater London. It was a commercial TV company, and part of the UK ITV network.

ABC also produced 'Thank Your Lucky Stars' but, if you've seen photos of The Supremes on TYLS wearing red, the above picture would seem more likely to be from The Eamonn Andrews Show.