[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Unhappy February 22, 1976 A SAD DAY :(

    Today in 1976, we lost our Supreme: Flo Ballard... GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTEN... Rest in Peace Blondie We miss you

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    Today in 1976, we lost our Supreme: Flo Ballard... GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTEN... Rest in Peace Blondie We miss you
    Yes it was Weslley. I remember like it was yesterday. All of Detroit was in mourning. Thank you for remembering Florence.

  3. #3
    It sure was a somber time in Detroit as she played an integral part of the Sups success. Florence was a special lady with keen sense of humor and a great voice. So sad she left three young girls. Mary has said a day doesn't go by that she doesn't think of Miss Flo. A friend of mine whose father worked at Motown went to one the company picnics and always told the story of Flo being so fan friendly and down her earth; almost mother like to her. She even walked her over to Diane to get an autograph. Still painful to think about this.

  4. #4
    Yes, Weslley, Flo was heavily on my mind on the anniversary. So sad still, after all these years.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Yes, Weslley, Flo was heavily on my mind on the anniversary. So sad still, after all these years.
    i will never forget the day i heard it on the radio the morning of the 23rd i think it was monday morning then on abc news bill beutel broadcast a piece on flos pssing. Hard to believe its 39 yrs.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    i will never forget the day i heard it on the radio the morning of the 23rd i think it was monday morning then on abc news bill beutel broadcast a piece on flos pssing. Hard to believe its 39 yrs.
    Fran this past Sunday was the anniversary. Florence died on a Sunday at Mt. Carmel. My brother and I heard the news during the late sign off edition on Detroit's WJBK Channel 2. The just announced that she had died from a heart attack earlier that evening . They just used a blank screen with the stations call letters in one of the corners. We just looked at each other, never saying a word. Turn the television off and went to bed. The next morning they were talking about it all over the school .

  7. #7
    Yes they were, its ironic marlene barrow passed just 1 day or two short of flos passing 39 yrs later and she was t one who stood in for flo on at least one ocassion how sad.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Yes they were, its ironic marlene barrow passed just 1 day or two short of flos passing 39 yrs later and she was t one who stood in for flo on at least one ocassion how sad.
    Very ironic............Flo was the star, Marlene was staff and they both made undeniable contributions to what is still regarded today as the "Motown Sound".

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.