[REMOVE ADS]

Actress monique says that she's been blackballed after oscar win

I believe her. As you see, Gabby sidibe played the game and is getting all types work when everyone from Oprah on down saying that she would not based on her physical characteristics!

This is disturbing to me. I'm especially let down by Lee Daniels' deferring to others not to hire someone who helped him get more and better opportunities. I guess he had to look out for himself or her, so it's best that one of them have a career instead of neither. He essentially validated her complaint with this statement:

"I consider her a friend," he added. "However, the consensus among the creative teams and powers thus far were to go another way with these roles."

She's asking for apologies from Steve Harvey, Oprah...the saga continues. Best work is still The Parkers, back inaday! Lurv the black version of Lil Abner comic strip!

There's a lot of blame to go around in this situation. She wasn't willing to play industry political games by kissing ass and doing the European promotional tour without being paid. Personally, I don't think that should be a reason to black ball her. But her choice to scorch the Earth in response hasn't brought her any allies, especially when she put the flames to some of the most popular people in Hollywood. To make matters worse, she's only going to be considered for certain roles. She's not going to be a romantic lead. She's not going to be an action star. She's either going to be in a comedy or play essentially the same bitter and mad at the world role she performed in Precious.

They did her wrong, but she sure didn't help her situation at all. And her assault on Netflix was misguided. Demanding that she get top money is fine. If they don't pay, they don't get a special. But suggesting that they're racist because they paid Amy Schumer more than they offered her is a weak play. Especially when they paid Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock tens of millions more than anyone.

Nobody owes her an apology. But Steve Harvey was wrong for how he tried to advise her on his show. Should have done that backstage or somewhere because he got a lot twisted and showed how materialistic and self-centered his world view really is. So sad that she couldn't have been more strategic in her response to what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    There's a lot of blame to go around in this situation. She wasn't willing to play industry political games by kissing ass and doing the European promotional tour without being paid. Personally, I don't think that should be a reason to black ball her. But her choice to scorch the Earth in response hasn't brought her any allies, especially when she put the flames to some of the most popular people in Hollywood. To make matters worse, she's only going to be considered for certain roles. She's not going to be a romantic lead. She's not going to be an action star. She's either going to be in a comedy or play essentially the same bitter and mad at the world role she performed in Precious.

They did her wrong, but she sure didn't help her situation at all. And her assault on Netflix was misguided. Demanding that she get top money is fine. If they don't pay, they don't get a special. But suggesting that they're racist because they paid Amy Schumer more than they offered her is a weak play. Especially when they paid Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock tens of millions more than anyone.

Nobody owes her an apology. But Steve Harvey was wrong for how he tried to advise her on his show. Should have done that backstage or somewhere because he got a lot twisted and showed how materialistic and self-centered his world view really is. So sad that she couldn't have been more strategic in her response to what happened.
    I concur. Well put, as always, Jer.

Actually he did wanted to do it behind closed doors
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post