[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Supremes Tribute

Thanks for postin Jobeterob,these youg ladies sound great.

I don't see any connections with DRATS except they are three young ladies singing ....

The song did start with the hand claps like "Where did our love go".

Is this something that is popular or is this just some random Youtube posting???

Hey, these girls can sing! I wouldn't race out to buy it, but I liked it -- a lot! I love their harmonies and the Motown-esque shuffle beat.

A real sweet surprise. Surprisingly good. Liked the singers, song, and band very much. Thanks for posting, Jobeterob.

Yeah, these girls are really good! The lead singer's really got chops. Thanks for this!

But this is no one we've ever seen before nor anyone with significant backing from a record company behind them???? Or are they already known somewhat?

Morgan James [[on lead here) is a well-known soloist.

Not sure which country this show originates from, but these girls are much better [[in my opinion) than the group posted above:

...and here they are again singing "You Can't Hurry Love"! I am going to tell Mary Wilson that she is going to have to call these women. LOL!!!

Last edited by marv2; 02-19-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Did they darken their complexion, Marv?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    Did they darken their complexion, Marv?
    Just slightly [[they are Latinas). They probably would have that same complexion from suntanning. I think they did more than a good job in their tribute to the Supremes. They sang well, moved great, dressed in a way where you KNEW there could be no other group they were emulating than the Supremes. The first group in this thread did none of these things. They did not look like, dress like, move like or sound like the Supremes.

Yeah I know they are Latina but I don't think they should have gone that route. They are talented enough that they didn't have to do that. I agree about your comment regarding the first group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    Yeah I know they are Latina but I don't think they should have gone that route. They are talented enough that they didn't have to do that. I agree about your comment regarding the first group.
    You have to admit they looked gorgeous! In the second clip I posted, I almost did a double take because the one girl looked so much like Mary Wilson circa 1967! LOL!!!

Those women are in blackface and those clips should not be posted here. Regarding the original post, Jobeterob is the one who called it a Supremes Tribute. The people in that video do not say that at all. They are singing the Nick Jonas song "Jealous" in a "Diana Ross/Supreme" style. Nothing more than that. It is 3 ladies singing and the "Where did our love go" hand clap. There is no need to turn this into a "this group is better" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Those women are in blackface and those clips should not be posted here. Regarding the original post, Jobeterob is the one who called it a Supremes Tribute. The people in that video do not say that at all. They are singing the Nick Jonas song "Jealous" in a "Diana Ross/Supreme" style. Nothing more than that. It is 3 ladies singing and the "Where did our love go" hand clap. There is no need to turn this into a "this group is better" thread.

The women in the clips I posted are beautiful, sexy, talented and they are not in blackface!
    [[You are really stretching today for controversy......).

The video that Jobeterob posted is titled " Jealous - Diana Ross / Supremes - Style Nick Jonas Cover ft. Morgan James" [[I guess that is where he got the idea that they were doing some sort of tribute).

Also, it is in my opinion that the ladies in the clips I posted do a much better tribute to the Supremes [[since that is the subject of this thread) than the women in the clip Jobeterob posted originally....................!

Sigh! Lord

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    You know skooldem1, I thought the same thing too.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Just slightly [[they are Latinas). They probably would have that same complexion from suntanning. I think they did more than a good job in their tribute to the Supremes. They sang well, moved great, dressed in a way where you KNEW there could be no other group they were emulating than the Supremes. The first group in this thread did none of these things. They did not look like, dress like, move like or sound like the Supremes.
    Practically speaking, these women are essentially in blackface, which is wrong on so many levels. They are also from Spain and should not be referred to as Latina.

CE
    Last edited by Crystaledwards; 02-21-2015 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Grammar

Starting to very much like my ladies that I posted first off. They are good singers. Love how the background singers are bigger and bustier like Flo & Mary & Cindy and the lead singer is more Diane-like!

Now I'm stunned enough and Canadian enough to not even know that Marv was posting something so unacceptable in America. Shocking!

I really must say that I completely enjoy the Morgan James cover of JEALOUS and find myself often returning to it. Skooldem very quickly recognized its WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO-like hand-clap but it's taken me much longer to finally pinpoint the HDH/Supremes tune that may have impacted it most heavily. See what you think:

https://youtu.be/nlc173usNUE

Thanks to Emma639 for this Supremes YouTube posting.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 06-25-2015 at 05:06 AM.