[REMOVE ADS]

honest man Guest

Telma hopkins and Joyce Vincent sing i hear those church bells ringing true or false

Hello folks is it true these 2 ladies sang this song as Dusk-Dawn connection i have read this and it's so Dawn soundalike anyone know for sure,cheers.

It is my understanding that Dusk was really a made-up group and that it was the lead vocal [[and maybe only vocal) of the girl who had been the lead singer of the Angels. The voices sounded similar enough that it made sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    It is my understanding that Dusk was really a made-up group .....
    Dawn was a made up group too. Tony Orlando, who had two solo hits under his own name[[Bless You and Halfway to Paradise) , was no longer singing, but was given Candida after it had been turned down by others. He recorded his voice over the demo , removing the original male lead ,but kept the background singers. Because he could not use his own name, the song was released under the name DAWN. The next song also had the same background singers and was released as DAWN. But Tony wanted to tour and now needed a real group for DAWN. That is when Telma and Joyce were auditioned and became Dawn. They then recorded on all future Dawn Records along with Joyce's sister Pamela.
    DAWN's name was changed to DAWN featuring Tony Orlando and was changed one more time to Tony Orlando and Dawn.

But in the beginning, it was just a made up group.

honest man Guest
    Thanks for the info but is it the girls from Dawn who were Dusk

I do not know. It is an interesting question that I have never thought of. Hopefully , someone here knows the answer. It is not unheard of. Stevie Wonder, Frankie Valli and even Tony Orlando recorded under names other than their own, so it is not impossible that Dawn can be Dusk.

Peggy Santiglia of the Angels was part of the group on this song, formed as a counterpoint to Dawn. After Dusk failed she declined an offer to tour with Dawn.

I was just about to post the same information, which is found on Wikipedia. It does sound as if Dusk was a real group, but the listing does not name the other members of the group.