[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Mansion, Detroit

Another really good WDIV-TV piece:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/l...nsion/31191292

Nice to see this.

Thanks for sharing this most interesting video, jl2648. A guy like me with no sense of direction could get lost in a mansion this size with very little effort! Unfortunately, until my ship comes in, it isn't likely I'll have to worry about it any time in the foreseeable future! Just wondering -- is the Motown Mansion the same as Gordy Manor? I'm guessing that it is because of the bowling alley, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Just wondering -- is the Motown Mansion the same as Gordy Manor? I'm guessing that it is because of the bowling alley, but I'm not sure.
    It's one in the same. I've always thought it was Gordy Manor but I used WDIV's description above. -Jeff

It sounds like she is trying to sell IT!!!!

I stopped in front of this house when I went to Detroit a couple of years back. It was very exciting to see even though I didn't go in. I went there to do a trade show and spent my free day visiting the Motown Museum and various addresses of Motown and recording related places. The city was not in good shape and it was a bit depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    It sounds like she is trying to sell IT!!!!
    If I recall the owner did have it for sale within the last few years. If so, she apparently did not get an offer worth pursuing.