[REMOVE ADS]

Question The Supremes in the Orient - 1966

Why this was never released?

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    I don't know if a higher quality exists, but from everything that's been leaked to the public, the quality is pretty terrible. Also, I think it was one of those things recorded for internal use. I don't think it was ever intended for commercial release. Good news is you can usually find it somewhere on YouTube.

I always thought it was intended to be a TV special of sorts. I don't know who edited it, but it has to be one of the worst editing jobs I've ever seen. Both visually and musically with the jumping back and forth between songs. It's all over the place. With the exception of the dressing room scene and a few montages of the ladies having fun around Japan, it's so jumbled I don't know how this could have ever been pitched to a network and sold. Maybe Motown had an outside sort do the editing and was so embarrassed with the finale product that it just sat in the vaults.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I always thought it was intended to be a TV special of sorts. I don't know who edited it, but it has to be one of the worst editing jobs I've ever seen. Both visually and musically with the jumping back and forth between songs. It's all over the place. With the exception of the dressing room scene and a few montages of the ladies having fun around Japan, it's so jumbled I don't know how this could have ever been pitched to a network and sold. Maybe Motown had an outside sort do the editing and was so embarrassed with the finale product that it just sat in the vaults.
    I have to believe that there's more footage; more than what we have ever seen.

For someone that wants a little homework; check out the wiki page on "In the Orient".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Supremes_In_The_Orient

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I have to believe that there's more footage; more than what we have ever seen.

For someone that wants a little homework; check out the wiki page on "In the Orient".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Supremes_In_The_Orient
    I don't know who put that page together, but it is full of terrible grammatical and factual errors. Plus what's this about Jose Feliciano and Bing Crosby?

Who the hell created/edited that Wikipedia page?! Much like the special it needs a major editing job! Made me laugh though. I think they got mixed up and fused the "In The Orient" special with the Bing Crosby special as I am certain Bing Crosby and Jose Feliciano did not to go to Asia with them nor did Cindy Birdsong.

"In, 1965 after having recorded A´Go Go album, The Supremes started the tour "In The Orient" in the Wild West where filmed the movie. This is the could see them on the stage and out it, but the movie never released."

"This is the story of the great American musical group from the 60s in which visited the Wild West to perform several concerts here."

I think they're combining two video clips; wasn't there a Bing Crosby Special WITH Jose' [[around 1968, with Cindy?)

Not even sure what the "Wild West" means, LOL.

You don't remember from the 83 minute special? The ladies rode around in stagecoaches and performed their "In The Orient" show in a couple of saloons. Flo was doing her best John Wayne impression.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    You don't remember from the 83 minute special? The ladies rode around in stagecoaches and performed their "In The Orient" show in a couple of saloons. Flo was doing her best John Wayne impression.
    That is exactly what I pictured when reading that Wiki. I was thinking there must be some deleted footage with an "Annie Get Your Gun" sequence!

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    That is exactly what I pictured when reading that Wiki. I was thinking there must be some deleted footage with an "Annie Get Your Gun" sequence!
    Antceleb12!! I read that you have the fourt part of The Supremes in the Orient, i only have 3 parts of this, that i already posted on Youtube

Antceleb12!! I read that you have the fourt part of The Supremes in the Orient, i only have 3 parts of this, that i already posted on Youtube
    Unfortunately, that was a long time ago. The computer on which I had those clips is now wiped. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    Unfortunately, that was a long time ago. The computer on which I had those clips is now wiped. Sorry!
    That's a shame

Name:  Screenshot_2015-02-04-13-54-29.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  18.7 KB

Someone can help me? From what show is this?

For all its faults the "In The Orient" footage has some wonderful gems and beautiful moments for Diana, Mary & Flo...

If this were the MTV era, this would have been a great 1/2 hour special. I do think portions of it ran in Hong Kong and Japan.