[REMOVE ADS]

Exclamation The Supremes on The Mike Douglas Show in 1965

This is from Their appearance on The Mike Douglas Show in 1965 They sang: Stop In The Name of Love and Back in my arms again. I think you already know the question ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RwnpfToVQc

Does anyone have the footage?

Weslley - i don't think anyone has that footage. not sure how that mini clip got out. perhaps it was used on tv in a montage segment for some special or something. not sure. i know that the 70s appearances were circulating after a fan or something that worked at whatever studio owns the footage was able to get copies. excellent quality except the audio for the MJL appearance doing Stone and I'll Guess was damaged. but for the 60s, only the footage on the Sup dvd is out there. that i know

Yes milven, i have to be pushy, 'cause if we continue without someone to loking for these footages, maybe we never would see again, and mostly i who wasn't born at the sixties, sorry if i'm bothering, i will stop these threads, sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Weslley - i don't think anyone has that footage. not sure how that mini clip got out. perhaps it was used on tv in a montage segment for some special or something. not sure. i know that the 70s appearances were circulating after a fan or something that worked at whatever studio owns the footage was able to get copies. excellent quality except the audio for the MJL appearance doing Stone and I'll Guess was damaged. but for the 60s, only the footage on the Sup dvd is out there. that i know
    That footage if from a piece one of the entertainment magazine shows did on Florence Ballards' daughters around the time the film "Dreamgirls" was released.

I've been trying to track this down for years myself but never had any luck. I remember some company had this particular episode of the Mike Douglas Show in their archives and they had it listed on their website, if I remember right it was from April or May of '65 and I emailed them about purchasing a copy but they told me that it was not for sale and only to be used for news and documentaries, etc. This show and their appearance of "Come See About Me" on the Lloyd Thaxton Show are two that I've been really wanting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I've been trying to track this down for years myself but never had any luck. I remember some company had this particular episode of the Mike Douglas Show in their archives and they had it listed on their website, if I remember right it was from April or May of '65 and I emailed them about purchasing a copy but they told me that it was not for sale and only to be used for news and documentaries, etc. This show and their appearance of "Come See About Me" on the Lloyd Thaxton Show are two that I've been really wanting to see.
    That kind of stuff drives me absolutely nuts. I'm no expert in copyright law or anything, but I think its kind of ridiculous to withhold pieces of media altogether from audiences - and particularly if money isn't even the issue, as in your situation mentioned above. Countries blocking access to artists' material, or blocking audiences in general from viewing something...maybe someone more knowledgable on this stuff can help me out. Still, for the life of me I cannot see any practical reasons to keep this stuff locked up when so many people want to see it.

[QUOTE=floyjoy678;268783]I've been trying to track this down for years myself ......, if I remember right it was from April or May of '65 ....

April 30, 1965
    http://www.tv.com/shows/the-mike-dou...0-1965-862576/

But alas, no opportunity to view the episode.

Let's Make thing easier: To i don't bother anyone and no need to do other threads like this: If You have an rare performance of any line-up of The Supremes, upload now on YouTube, if you can't upload, contact Marv2 and he will post on YT, and we will be very grateful... Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    Let's Make thing easier: To i don't bother anyone and no need to do other threads like this: If You have an rare performance of any line-up of The Supremes, upload now on YouTube, if you can't upload, contact Marv2 and he will post on YT, and we will be very grateful... Thank's
    Weslley, the problem is that this stuff is copyrighted, and uploading it could possibly result in deletion of the video or even of the user's account. Also, transferring old VHS copies into digital copies is not something most people are equipped to do. Third, you can't assume that someone will be willing to upload something you want without them agreeing on it. What you might want to do is learn how to transfer and upload material yourself so you don't have to depend on others to do so. Once you have the file on your computer, the upload process is fairly straightforward.

Believe me. If any one of us could get our hands on some of this stuff, it would already be on here!

Yes milven, i have to be pushy, 'cause if we continue without someone to loking for these footages, maybe we never would see again, and mostly i who wasn't born at the sixties, sorry if i'm bothering, i will stop these threads, sorry...
    Weslley, I don't see you as being pushy at all. I always enjoy your insights!

Okay... Since we will probably not see any rare footage, i'm happy with that we have, thank you so much: Marv, Roger and John, for sharing these marvelous performances, and thank you Jobucat... Maybe someday in the near future, we'll see these precious footages....

Okay... Since we will probably not see any rare footage, i'm happy with that we have, thank you so much: Marv, Roger and John, for sharing these marvelous performances, and thank you Jobucat... Maybe someday in the near future, we'll see these precious footages....
    Weslley, f orget all that! Keep looking for rare footage! I will do the same.

People thought we'd never see footage of the Supremes & Four Tops performing together, but just last year a clip surfaced to everyone's surprise.

Marv... I will continue if you help me, i'm still confident that many others rare footages will surface, specially the footages of Tonight Show and TOTP, which are the most rare... And sorry for my terrible english...

Marv... I will continue if you help me, i'm still confident that many others rare footages will surface, specially the footages of Tonight Show and TOTP, which are the most rare... And sorry for my terrible english...
    Sure I'll help where I can

Thank you so much!!

I admire your tenacity Weslley!

Thank's Motownguy!

I don't think you're pushy for asking about rare footage, Weslley - it's so great when something like that turns up so I say ask away!

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    I don't think you're pushy for asking about rare footage, Weslley - it's so great when something like that turns up so I say ask away!
    I think he is pushy and he admitted it in a post above. But my post was misunderstood. Perhaps I should have put a smiley face next to it. I kinda like pushy people. They don't sit and wait for things to happen. They make them happen. And I think Wesley is doing just that. In business, it is the pushy people that get ahead. [[I gotta find a better term than pushy. That does sound a little negative)

And it is nice to see someone who wasn't even born at the time interested in this group.

Weslley, I think an apology is in order from me. Keep on doing what you are doing. It is getting results and I got to see the Arrid Commercial again.

Weslley, don't ever just sit and wait for things to happen. Make them happen. And thanks for making some of the new You Tube postings happen.

To me being a little pushy [[again, I need a better term - someone help me) is a positive, not a negative.

Wes, sorry that you took my compliment as an insult. My fault. Poor choice of words.

Rather than 'pushy', how about 'determined' or 'stick-tuitive'

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Rather than 'pushy', how about 'determined' or 'stick-tuitive'
    Yes, determined is a much better word.

Thank you milven, now i understand you...

Hey! Anyone knows if the Supremes White Bread have a Tv ommercial?
    Last edited by Weslley Francisco; 01-30-2015 at 12:35 PM.

No it didn't to my knowledge, but I do remember print ads for it in the old Red& White Supermarket circulars that came out on Wednesdays.

Never heard of a commercial for it. But every so often an empty sleeve turns up on eBay.

supremester Guest
    I have enjoyed everyone's finds and am very appreciate. In the next few days, I'll be uploading my very first video on Youtube: a much sought after video, I might add - that most have not seen since it aired in the 60's.

Thank you milven, now i understand you...
    Cool ! And the word I should have used instead of "pushy" is right here in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    I admire your tenacity Weslley!
    Me too !

Talking about commercials, where's the Supremes Wigs Line Commercial from 1973, i never see the full commercial... Only the excerpts that i posted on YT

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I have enjoyed everyone's finds and am very appreciate. In the next few days, I'll be uploading my very first video on Youtube: a much sought after video, I might add - that most have not seen since it aired in the 60's.
    Thank's, i'm really anxious to see it!