[REMOVE ADS]

The Venetian Announces a 9 Show Engagement by Diana Ross

Good for her! Any of you all planning to go?

She's in the Venetian Theatre. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the theatre that was built to house Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera. It was originally built to resemble a Paris Opera House. The theatre was spectacular in and of itself! Really gorgeous. I wonder if they changed it since Phantom closed.

All you lucky American fans - this should be the showbiz event of the year.

Now if only she would do the O2 in London - well I can dream can't I? Will we ever see her do concerts in the UK again?

Good fort Diane. Look like Janet Jackson and Ricky Martin [[beautiful man) is also playing the Venetien. I wish the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha reeves could get a long term big Vegas contract.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdelu...s-start-new-m/

Roberta

I will so be there! Gregg I need your help!!!!!!!!!

supremester Guest
    Well, I haven't decided if I wanna go or not..........

Sounds like a bit of a different show but it's never going to lose those perennial audience favorites like Why Do Fools Fall in Love, Stop in the Name of Love, Baby Love, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Love Child, I'm Coming Out, Upside Down etc.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Well, I haven't decided if I wanna go or not..........
    Okay, I'll see what I can do on my own. Thanks.

supremester Guest
    Joe, I was JK - We're all set and will email you right now. Sorry, was in PT forever today.
    Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Okay, I'll see what I can do on my own. Thanks.

Mary could go to a show!

Joe, I was JK - We're all set and will email you right now. Sorry, was in PT forever today.
    Silly me, I should have known you were kidding. I will give you a call. Thanks Gregg

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    All you lucky American fans - this should be the showbiz event of the year.

Now if only she would do the O2 in London - well I can dream can't I? Will we ever see her do concerts in the UK again?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Diana ever visited the UK since she was 'frisked' at Heathrow Airport back in 1999? I think she vowed then she would never return to these shores after she was 'assaulted' by a security guard.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Diana ever visited the UK since she was 'frisked' at Heathrow Airport back in 1999? I think she vowed then she would never return to these shores after she was 'assaulted' by a security guard.
    She overreacted as usual.......

I think she came right back to film the AN AUDIENCE WITH... show.

She's been several times since then.

As well as the odd private date she did the Live Love Tour in 2004 even getting to Northern Ireland and a couple of concerts at Petworth Park and Liverpool in 2008.

Confirmed! Diana Ross returns to Las Vegas with start of mini-residency

The Supremes superstar singer Diana Ross has inked April dates for the first nine performances of her new mini-residency contract at the Venetian.

More from article at link:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdelu...s-start-new-m/

I wonder if these residencies seem like a bit of a holiday?

supremester Guest
    She's done dozens of arena shows on the continent since then. i think she said she'd never return to "that whore" referring to the handsome woman who grabbed The Supreme Supreme's Supremacy.....

**VIDEO**

At this link there is a video/ news segment about Diana's residency at the Venetian.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/clip/110743...egas-residency

She's done dozens of arena shows on the continent since then. i think she said she'd never return to "that whore" referring to the handsome woman who grabbed The Supreme Supreme's Supremacy.....
    For a brief moment, I thought you were saying she would never return to "Mary" and I suppose that is true too!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    For a brief moment, I thought you were saying she would never return to "Mary" and I suppose that is true too!
    Really? Seriously?

I'm thinking about attending - always wanted to see Ms Ross in Vegas. The craziness with the airlines and bomb threats ...... its a long drive from Atlanta.

I'd like to know what the song list might be...

I wonder if these residencies seem like a bit of a holiday?
    I think, indeed, that's a main reason why the residency-trend is attractive to performers. Stevie Nicks did one or two residencies and has stated that she went into it thinking "whatever" but ended up loving the concept.

It cuts the travelling and you get to stay in one bed for a while.

supremester Guest
    Mister Rob: you IS bad.
    You know that Miss Ross doesn't go around trashing other Supremes........................

The Kings theater is a real nice building. Nice for Diane Ross that shes opening this refurbish palace. I hope the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves gets to play this theater one day soon.

This is awesome !!!
    I need to get my ticket.

Mister Rob: you IS bad.
    You know that Miss Ross doesn't go around trashing other Supremes........................
    Well, it was momentary on my part; and I kind of misread it.

But, yes, I agree she will not speak of them in a bad way.

I'm very excited for this show and would love to see it if I had hundreds of extra dollars lying around. I was recently in Vegas and had I known, I would have delayed my trip to coincide with this show. I'm hesistant to spend more money if it is going to be the same show as of lately. I have not read any official confirmation that this show will be different, other than it being "staged by AEG" and a "specially curated setlist of hits", which leaves a lot of room for interpretation. I am happy Miss Ross landed a residency. I hope they will bring her back in the future. Seems like there's a lot of interest.

Is this place becoming Branson? The ONLY way I would cough up the kind of money to go to Vegas to see her is if she did any of the songs on Surrender and the title song and cuts from Everything is Everything. Love Ross but her setlist with the exception of her shows now where she is singing full Supremes songs is the same. I know I am in the minority and I know she is 70 but I miss "I wanna be bad" and the show she did at Ceasars it was SO good.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Is this place becoming Branson? The ONLY way I would cough up the kind of money to go to Vegas to see her is if she did any of the songs on Surrender and the title song and cuts from Everything is Everything. Love Ross but her setlist with the exception of her shows now where she is singing full Supremes songs is the same. I know I am in the minority and I know she is 70 but I miss "I wanna be bad" and the show she did at Ceasars it was SO good.
    I Agree. Don't think the public would want it but I'd like it.

So, I just saw the layout of the Venetian Theatre in Las Vegas. It is, indeed, the same theatre where Phantom played. Anyone getting tickets should know this: As you look at the stage, Seat 1 [[in any row) is the one all the way to the right. The numbers then go up one number as you move down the row to the left and continues, in sequence, across the aisle. This is different from a lot of theatres that have seats in the center section numbered starting with 101, the right side starting with 2 and using even numbers and the left side staring with 1 and using only odd numbers. You probably won't need to know this as you can get a map and choose your own seats on Ticketmaster when you buy them. But if you aren't looking at the map, you might want to know.

but her setlist with the exception of her shows now where she is singing full Supremes songs is the same.
    That's why I'm curious about this show's set-list - they certainly want us to think/believe it will be special and different from her usual show...
    the limited engagement production features an exclusive set list covering Ross’ musical milestones

To make it different, she can't take out the hits but she can add a few favorites that are known:

1. A ripping Love is Like An Itching In My Heart - like John's remix

2. God Bless the Child or Strange Fruit

3. Endless Love [[maybe Lionel will come by because he's going to do a residency too)

4. Bring back Reflections and You Are Not Alone

Those are a few ideas.

Looks like tickets are on sale advertised on Facebook page, priced from $59 to $200