[REMOVE ADS]

Post Someday At Christmas

Thanks to my local rock & easy listening radio station, I've heard some of my traditional Motown holiday tunes of the year.
    Stevie Wonder's Someday At Christmas seems to be a perrenial favorite because the sentiment in the lyrics never seem to go out of style.
    I had forgotten there are strains of Phil Spector's I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus in the Jackson 6's cover.
    Anyway, the point of this thread is to name your favorite Motown yuletide tracks. There's a bunch of them.
    Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    Thanks to my local rock & easy listening radio station, I've heard some of my traditional Motown holiday tunes of the year.
    Stevie Wonder's Someday At Christmas seems to be a perrenial favorite because the sentiment in the lyrics never seem to go out of style.
    I had forgotten there are strains of Phil Spector's I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus in the Jackson 6's cover.
    Anyway, the point of this thread is to name your favorite Motown yuletide tracks. There's a bunch of them.
    Have fun!
    Hey where's the Motown Christmas love?

Marvin Gaye-I Want To Come Home For Christmas
    Supremes-Just Another Lonely Christmas
    Supremes-My Favorite Things
    Supremes-Rudolph Red Nose Reindeer
    Temptations-Silent Night [[80's)
    Stevie Wonder-Ave Maria
    J5-Up On The Rooftop
    J5-Give Love On Christmas Day
    J5-Frosty Snowman

smark21 Guest
    I feel bad for employees who work in retail at this time of year with in store radios that are tuned into stations that convert to a 24/7 Holiday Music format at this time of year. Given the playlists are that wide, they must hear the same song hundreds of times between now and New Year's.

Favorite Motown Christmas song: Born of Mary by The Supremes

Kim Weston - Wish You A Merry Xmas
    Miracles - Christmas Every Day

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Smokey & the Miracles
    This Christmas - Diana Ross
    O Holy Night - Flo version and Diana solo version
    Santa Claus is Coming to Town - J5

Motown_M: If you like Stevie's "Someday", you should check out Mary J. Blige's version. Miss Mary throws it down.

And just to rib you a bit, who were the Jackson 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    Have fun!

Silver Bells - Temptations
    Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - The Miracles

Twinkle Twinkle Little Me - The Supremes
    Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - The Supremes
    Christmas Everyday - The Miracles
    Someday At Christmas - Stevie Wonder
    Rudolph The Red-Nose Reindeer - The Temptations

I like all the Motown Christmas albums, although not too fond of The Jackson 5 Christmas album.

Purple snowflakes - Marvin Gaye!

Born of Mary is my fav. Motown Christmas so too!!!!

I send in requests for music to my station all the time.
    Motown Christmas wise they've played--
    -"One Little Christmas Tree"- Stevie Wonder
    -"Children's Christmas Song" - The Supremes [[they played it twice w/in a week!)
    -"Santa Claus Is Coming to Town"- The Supremes
    and "My Favorite Things"- The Supremes

Hello All ..

"Let It Snow, Let it Snow" by THE MIRACLES .. a rare lead by Claudette Robinson? I don't think I can hear Smokey on it at all .. one minute and thirty eight seconds of pure magic!!

Never understood why "Thats What Christmas Means To Me" by STEVIE WONDER was never put out as a 45 by U.K. Tamla-Motown either. Its that good!!

Roger