[REMOVE ADS]

"Nightflight" Tue Jan 27, 9P-12M ET: No Sugar Tonight!

Howdy Folks!! I'm sure you know about the major N'Oreaster we are having....and just like me to get caught right in the middle of it. My power/lights/heat have been out for about 12 hours until just a short while ago....thank the Lord! It got pretttttttttyyyy chilly in here....so glad I got a warm Amelia to cuddle with. There won't be a show tonight due to impassable roads and such. I'm sad about that, and particularly about the show that was to be Glen Woods' "Listener's Choice"...sorry, Glen. But hopefully, we will be able to do Glen's show next week....I'm planning on it. I hope you are all safe and warm....stay that way...see you next week on the radio! Thanks! John

Hope you continue to stay safe and warm.

My thoughts are with you John and all my Northeastern pals who listen to Nightflight during this terrible storm. But I know everything will be back to normal next week. Here's a little teaser photo of my listeners choice show. See if you figure out what all these albums have in common.... [[No its not the Andantes, I think hehe)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  94.2 KB

see everyone next week at nine!

sorry about the photo rotation...

John, no worries! Stay safe & warm!

Thinking of you - Be safe! God bless!

John, I' ve been following the east coast storm on CNN from Vancouver and I couldn't imagine how you'd risk life and limb to brave those high snow drifts and make it safely to the radio station, with the strong possibility of no power. Now I see you don't have power at home. Keep warm and we'll look forward to the show another day! Smiles across the miles!

I, too, have been following the storm from LA. I was raised in Chicago and lived in NYC for a spell too, so I all too well have an idea what You are going through. Lived through the Midwest Blizzard of '67 in Chicago and the 27 inches that NYC got in 2006. Glad to hear that You got your power back!!!

My only question is what does WOMR due during a Blizzard like that… do that air repeats and interrupt to update on the storm ?

greg jones
    los angeles, ca

P.S. Hope Andy Skurow is same at his home in Connecticut too!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Hope you continue to stay safe and warm.
    Thanks so much, Kenneth!!

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    John, no worries! Stay safe & warm!
    Thanks, Mike....you too!

Quote Originally Posted by msjoys View Post
    Thinking of you - Be safe! God bless!
    AH....Msjoys....thank you and backatcha!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    John, I' ve been following the east coast storm on CNN from Vancouver and I couldn't imagine how you'd risk life and limb to brave those high snow drifts and make it safely to the radio station, with the strong possibility of no power. Now I see you don't have power at home. Keep warm and we'll look forward to the show another day! Smiles across the miles!
    Mark...with the storm being so profound, the station managers anticipated disruption in the shows. I tried to get the station on the radio and on the internet....could get a note! So even if I had gotten to the station, the show may not have had full broadcast or webcast. The storm for some wasn't as bad as anticipation...thank goodness. But for us Cape Codders.....bad bad...BAD! Much quieter this morning. And the power and heat has stayed on, fortunately, since it came back on last night! Thanks for your good wishes!! Smiles back to you!

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    I, too, have been following the storm from LA. I was raised in Chicago and lived in NYC for a spell too, so I all too well have an idea what You are going through. Lived through the Midwest Blizzard of '67 in Chicago and the 27 inches that NYC got in 2006. Glad to hear that You got your power back!!!

My only question is what does WOMR due during a Blizzard like that… do that air repeats and interrupt to update on the storm ?

greg jones
    los angeles, ca

P.S. Hope Andy Skurow is same at his home in Connecticut too!!
    Greg....thanks! If you were raised in Chicago, you KNOW what rough winters are all about....Chicago has the BEST!! What the station does during storms varies...on my show...the few times I've been unable to get in, I have had previous shows aired, or shows that may be a different genre than I play on "Nightflight". Yes....hopefully Andy is safe at his home....I understand Connecticut go some of the worst of this storm!