[REMOVE ADS]

Feb 4th - M25 live audience recording in Detroit

Okay - our date is February 4th at about 5pm - 7pm. [[need the Motown fan audience in place by 4pm).

We're recording intros and outros for the national broadcast public tv broadcast of M25 on to air on February 28th [[on most public tv stations). We only have room for about 30-35 people in total, and you never know who may stop by. I can confirm we will have a Motown artist present who will be "hosting from Detroit" and handling audience questions that may be played back on the national broadcast. I hope SDF fans will be there as I'd like to aclnowledge our group here and I know SDF members will have the best questions. To reserve a spot, please email adam@tjlproductions.com - please note, this is not an open public event, space is limited and by invitation only. So if you can make it, be sure to let us know this week, by January 28th. Please note, you [[and your guest) must be pre-confirmed on our attendance list by 1/18/15.

Thanks so much - - I hope we'll have a cheering SDF crowd for all to see on tv! Once confirmed, we'll send you info about location, and other details for this private event taking place in Detoit.

whoops - my usual type-o's : deadline is 1-28-15.

Oh Lord...I give up.

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Oh Lord...I give up.

Penny
    Never give my dear Penny for the Lord will see you right my friend

Fondly,

Roberta

See averyone this Wednesday night - two ladies of Motown will be our special in-studio guests. Now we just have to figure out the SDF wave - - or even better, Motown line dance !! How about the Soulful Detroit Walk?

How exciting! Can't wait!!!

Billy

Here is a little write-up on last night's doings from the Detroit Free Press: http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...-pbs/22904049/ Unfortunately my wife and I weren't able to wait through the taping delay last night. I guess our work schedules don't mesh well with that of the entertainment industry.
    Last edited by JL2648; 02-05-2015 at 09:27 AM.

This show was already broadcast in NYC Metro area a couple of months ago with you participating in the fund raising breaks.

Will it be re-broadcast here with the new breaks with you and Mary and Martha?

2-28-15, need all Motowners and SDF fans to please help spread the word [[check local listings) on most public tv stations 2-28-15. Mary and Martha are in the pre-show, the after show and more surprises from other Motowners in the broadcast on 2-28-15.

8pm on most East and West Coast stations, 7pm in some CT places. Watching, tweeting, ...and pledging if you can is always much appreciated.

WLIW will be premiering at 8pm that night Milvin in NYC.

So awesome to spend some time with our SD crowd last night - - shout out's a plenty on the national broadcast airing 2-28-15. Please note this is a TJL syndicated title - not a PBS network show, so like any syndicated programming times will vary and not all, but most stations are airing 2-28-15 in prime time. Man I missed Ralph !!!

I don't understand. The Motown 25 special has been on PBS off and on the for the last couple of months. I have stumbled across it several times in different cities.

A release I read stated: "On Feb. 28, the venerable special will finally return to television, airing on more than 300 public television stations as part of TJ Lubinsky's popular My Music series."

Return? It's been on PBS for the last few months. I am confused. New footage?
    Last edited by longtimefan; 02-05-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Thank you TJ for including Soulful Detroit and inviting us to be in the audience. I was so honoured to be sitting with the legends and unsung heroes of Motown Records. I now truly understand what the Motown family was/is all about. It was great meeting Pat, Clay and some of the other members on this forum. It’s a night I’ll never forget.

I posted some pictures for those who couldn’t make it: http://imgur.com/a/msi7E#0

Billy

Those are wonderful pictures. Who is I - Billy??

I is Billy. Haha.

Hey motown01; I am glad you got back to home safe and sound! I guess Canada salts it's roads after all!

First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you TJ for the invite and being in the audience for this show! It was a honor and a privilege! Folks; TJ was warm, engaging and very patient with us in a relaxing manner. It was apparent he had a lot of respect for the people in the audience.

A big thanks to Ralph for this also. If it wasn't for SDF, I would not have known about the taping. I was looking forward to meeting you Ralph; so you must buy a snowblower! You were sorely missed!

Mary Wilson: met her for the first time. So down to earth, was very happy to see the Motowners in the audience. Engaged and talked to everyone, and what a pro! Signed every autograph, took every picture. Was warm and gracious to everyone.

Martha Reeves: still a "livewire". Motown's best living ambassador! Shouted out the Funk Bros., the Four Tops and the Andantes! Both she and Mary clapped and yelled about the Andantes, and the audience clapped also - a very knowlegable audience! She and I sang together, but I am sure it will be cut, although after we finished TJ had a smile a mile long.

It was a long, long taping, but I would have stayed until the next morning to tape this show. TJ slipped in, in a sly way, a shoutout to the SDF members, and SDF was represented well in the audience. We sang "Someday we'll be Together", and me and EJ Johnson [[lead singer in Enchantment) were trading leads! What a night!

Sorry I missed out, Sting. I did a little number on my back shoveling snow. Guess age is catching up with me. Yeah, maybe next year, a snowblower.

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Hey motown01; I am glad you got back to home safe and sound! I guess Canada salts it's roads after all!

First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you TJ for the invite and being in the audience for this show! It was a honor and a privilege! Folks; TJ was warm, engaging and very patient with us in a relaxing manner. It was apparent he had a lot of respect for the people in the audience.

A big thanks to Ralph for this also. If it wasn't for SDF, I would not have known about the taping. I was looking forward to meeting you Ralph; so you must buy a snowblower! You were sorely missed!

Mary Wilson: met her for the first time. So down to earth, was very happy to see the Motowners in the audience. Engaged and talked to everyone, and what a pro! Signed every autograph, took every picture. Was warm and gracious to everyone.

Martha Reeves: still a "livewire". Motown's best living ambassador! Shouted out the Funk Bros., the Four Tops and the Andantes! Both she and Mary clapped and yelled about the Andantes, and the audience clapped also - a very knowlegable audience! She and I sang together, but I am sure it will be cut, although after we finished TJ had a smile a mile long.

It was a long, long taping, but I would have stayed until the next morning to tape this show. TJ slipped in, in a sly way, a shoutout to the SDF members, and SDF was represented well in the audience. We sang "Someday we'll be Together", and me and EJ Johnson [[lead singer in Enchantment) were trading leads! What a night!
    How wonderful.

I have a sore back to day too and could use a snowblower as well!

Great memories. Martha is definitely a livewire and should have been a stand up comedian. I agree - the taping could have gone on all night as far as I was concerned - although I was pretty beat by the time I walked in my door at 3 AM, haha.

They are lucky to have fans like you.

"Also available will be a new seven-CD set that includes hits and some potentially tantalizing goodies for Motown diehards, including never-before-heard studio outtakes, song outros and stereo mixes"

T.J.,

Are you able to share with us what the ptg's might be?

Thanks,

Carole

Quote Originally Posted by motown01 View Post
    Thank you TJ for including Soulful Detroit and inviting us to be in the audience. ........

I posted some pictures for those who couldn’t make it: http://imgur.com/a/msi7E#0

Billy
    Photo 14 ???? The television screen shows Mary in gold/yellow . I'm assuming the difference is caused by the quality of the tv used.

Yes - it was a projector. Should be red.

Longtime - - 2-28-15 is the national premiere.

What you saw was a few [[not national) local test preview markets to "get ready" for the 2-28-15 premiere, 2-28-15 has a lot more going on before and after the show. But, only on the 2-28-15 broadcasts [[on most, but not all public tv stations - you have to check local listings) as it's not a network show - - it's a syndicated program and version for public tv.

Hope this helps.

Billy

Great pictures and really happy you have Mrs Cosby included.

Hi Jobeterob; all three of them- TJ, Mary, Martha were probably more relaxed than perhaps they would be; all three know about SDF and for the most part they are treated well on the SDF forum. Also, Martha & Mary knew a lot of people in the audience for 40 - 50+ years and it was like a family atmosphere. They were laughing and joking and said things they probably would'nt say in a non-Motown gathering or a regular taping.
    Also the audience was into it! We clapped when cued, and we clapped when not cued! These tv tapings are not as easy as they look on tv. But our enthusiasm never waned. We did raise our hands for SDF, perhaps it will be in the final version.

Hi theboyfromxtown; Ms. Cosby did mention we had to do something to waive to the SDF members and to you especially, but we could'nt figure out what to do! Hopefully our raising our hands for SDF will be included in the final cut.

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Hi theboyfromxtown; Ms. Cosby did mention we had to do something to waive to the SDF members and to you especially, but we could'nt figure out what to do! Hopefully our raising our hands for SDF will be included in the final cut.
    Aww....that has made my night. Thank you so much.

Will have to watch for this on PBS.

Lubinsky, PBS to air ‘Motown 25’ Feb. 28

Susan Whitall, The Detroit News 6:55 a.m. EST February 5, 2015

[[Photo: Detroit Public Television)

The 1983 NBC special “Motown 25: Yesterday, Today Forever” became legendary almost instantly after Michael Jackson stopped the show with his moonwalk, as he sang his new song “Billie Jean.”

Now T.J. Lubinsky, producer of so many PBS music shows, starting with the “Doo-Wop” reunions, is bringing “Motown 25” back to broadcast TV, airing it on PBS stations nationally Feb. 28, including Detroit Public Television WTVS.

“Motown 25” was the first big reunion of Motown’s great stars of the 1960s and 1970s, and almost everybody was still alive. Jackson’s performance is sizzling, as is Marvin Gaye; the Temptations, Supremes, Miracles and Four Tops are all in the house; Diana Ross is at the peak of her solo fame; Smokey Robinson hosts.

Lubinsky was in town Wednesday filming segments with Mary Wilson of the Supremes and Martha Reeves that will air on the national broadcast.

“I just know that I love this show so much,” Lubinsky said Wednesday. “This was the show that started ‘Doo Wop 50.’ Everyone talks about the key moment being Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk — that certainly was a moment for me as a kid, but I was waiting for the Miracles reunion. That was everything for me, to see Smokey with Pete [[Moore) and Bobby [[Rogers) and Claudette [[Robinson). Seeing the Tempts and Tops do the battle, seeing the Supremes back together, that set the impression in my mind.

“I needed this show to come back. I’d seen a clip of Marvin doing that big speech [[in “Motown 25”), it was right after all this stuff was going on in the news I said, ‘Man, you know what? This musical healing has to come back.”

For Wilson and Reeves, “Motown 25” was memorable because it brought them together with all of their old friends.

“It was a reunion of all the people that I grew up with,” Wilson said. “We grew up. We were kids together, many of us, and to see the professionalism that was acquired by all of these people — well, now everybody can see that in one show.”

Reeves said: “What a reunion it was. Everybody performed to their best.”

Even though the show kicks off with her song, “Dancing in the Street” performed by dancers, with Robinson singing, Reeves is philosophical.

“I took it as a tribute,” she said, laughing.

Wilson laughed, too.

“It was like a family reunion, you see old cousins and aunts and uncles, and some were drunks and some were crazy, it’s the same kind of thing. You’d just hug ‘em and kiss ‘em and say, ‘Girl, did you see that?’”

After its premiere Feb. 28 on PBS for Black History Month, “Motown 25” will be repeated on PBS throughout March.

swhitall@detroitnews.com

twitter.com/swhitall

Quote Originally Posted by motown01 View Post
    Thank you TJ for including Soulful Detroit and inviting us to be in the audience. I was so honoured to be sitting with the legends and unsung heroes of Motown Records. I now truly understand what the Motown family was/is all about. It was great meeting Pat, Clay and some of the other members on this forum. It’s a night I’ll never forget.

Billy
    ThAnks so much for the photos. Martha sure has presence! She'd be a great actress. And of course Mary's commitment to the Motown history is much appreciated. Mary and Martha are among the most dedicAted ambassadors of Motown.
    mient

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    "Also available will be a new seven-CD set that includes hits and some potentially tantalizing goodies for Motown diehards, including never-before-heard studio outtakes, song outros and stereo mixes"

T.J.,

Are you able to share with us what the ptg's might be?

Thanks,

Carole
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...lease-20150223