[REMOVE ADS]

Syreeta - Happy Endings

I was just listening to "Happy Endings" by Syreeta. I don't recall this song being mentioned on the MF. I had downloaded this unreleased song some years ago from I-Tunes on an album called "The Best Of William Goldstein."

Goldstein had composed the music for the "Bingo Long Traveling All Stars & Motor Kings" soundtrack in 1976, released on MCA. Thelma Houston was featured on two of the tracks.

"Happy Endings" was probably recorded for the soundtrack[[?) but was never issued. It's a really nice ballad embellished with Syreeta's beautiful, angelic voice.

Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 01-18-2015 at 11:09 AM.

You're on a roll with me today ANPLM

Such a lovely song.... hmmh...this was never released.. another missed opportunity.

John Lester,
    It doesn't sound as if the last line in the left column [[1:26-1:31) .. cause I know... is translated correctly. It sounds to me as if she sings "cause I know from where hard endings are"
    What are you hearing?
    Thanks,
    Carole

I just listened to this rendition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgO7WT17noM
    [[which in no way rivals Syreeta's)
    and the lyrics seem to be as listed for Syreeta's version.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    John Lester,
    It doesn't sound as if the last line in the left column [[1:26-1:31) .. cause I know... is translated correctly. It sounds to me as if she sings "cause I know from where hard endings are"
    What are you hearing?
    Thanks,
    Carole
    Carole - I hear what's on the screen.

So do I [[even if, grammatically, it does seem to be somewhat clumsy...), but oh, what a unique, lovely voice.....

Thanks for postin' this,i love Syreeta's voice,

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Carole,

Thanks for finding and sharing that information. I had no idea there was a TV film called "Happy Endings" in 1983. The song, at least to my ears, sounds as if it was recorded in the mid-late 70's.

Hopefully Andy will see this thread and give us more details about the song.
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 01-19-2015 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Thanks for postin' this,i love Syreeta's voice,
    REDHOT,

Believe it or not you came to mind when I put up this post as I remember you mentioning several times that you love Syreeta's voice.

Maybe it will be released on an expanded edition of The Spell ...

I remember HW telling me one day how much he loved Syreeta.

It would be marvelous to have all of Syreeta's LP issued on CD, with all the material in the vaults issued too - in the format of how the Marvelettes / DeBarge / Eddie Kendricks had their material released.

Syreeta's voice was so amazingly beautiful - as she was to look at too. So much talent, and yet, taken from us so very early.

Quote Originally Posted by gordy_hunk View Post

It would be marvelous to have all of Syreeta's LP issued on CD, with all the material in the vaults issued too - in the format of how the Marvelettes / DeBarge / Eddie Kendricks had their material released.
    That would be ideal!

I'm happy, however, that nearly all of her solo albums, including the duet LP's w/ G.C. Cameron & Billy Preston, have been issued on CD. "The Spell" has never made it to CD but hopefully Funky Town Grooves or David Nathan/Reel Music may consider releasing it.

I remember an interview I read where Syreeta stated that she had a lot of canned recordings from the late 60's as Rita Wright. I would die to hear those songs!! What a great project it would be for Ace/Kent...

How about a bump for this fine song?

Got it on a various artists CD years ago https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookep...tolist-21Eyqzk

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    That would be ideal!

I'm happy, however, that nearly all of her solo albums, including the duet LP's w/ G.C. Cameron & Billy Preston, have been issued on CD. "The Spell" has never made it to CD but hopefully Funky Town Grooves or David Nathan/Reel Music may consider releasing it.

I remember an interview I read where Syreeta stated that she had a lot of canned recordings from the late 60's as Rita Wright. I would die to hear those songs!! What a great project it would be for Ace/Kent...
    https://acerecords.co.uk/syreeta-the...town-1967-1970

I think that post was written in 2015… a year before Ace's Rita Wright collection was released!

Yes I have that ACE collection of Syreeta's early Motown work. Back at the time of the original post they were pretty accurate with their information on the unreleased tracks.But, of course, "Happy Endings" would never have been part of that release.

Was I living in a multiverse, or was Syretta married to Stevie back inaday???

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Was I living in a multiverse, or was Syretta married to Stevie back inaday???
    Yes, they were married briefly and the song “Isn’t She Pretty” was recorded by Stevie Wonder after the birth of their daughter. I believe they remained friends even after divorcing and professionally I think Stevie Wonder still produced some of her recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Yes, they were married briefly and the song “Isn’t She Pretty” was recorded by Stevie Wonder after the birth of their daughter. I believe they remained friends even after divorcing and professionally I think Stevie Wonder still produced some of her recordings.
    Was that Aesha? She's got kids now! Read that somewhere.

I believe Stevie and Syreeta were only married from 1970 to 1972, so Aisha is not Syreeta's daughter.

According to Wikipedia, Aisha's mum is Yolanda Simmons!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I believe Stevie and Syreeta were only married from 1970 to 1972, so Aisha is not Syreeta's daughter.

According to Wikipedia, Aisha's mum is Yolanda Simmons!
    Yep. The lyric to ISL contains the line "Londie, it could have not been done...".

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Yep. The lyric to ISL contains the line "Londie, it could have not been done...".
    I see I had the name of the song wrong, as well as the "baby mama!" I guess that's how rumours get started.

You guys always keep me honest!
    Last edited by kenneth; 05-11-2022 at 10:11 PM.