[REMOVE ADS]

RICK JAMES UNSUNG Tonight at 8

Rick James UNSUNG episode will be on tonight at 8 pm and repeated at 9

I'm watching the "Behind the Music" segment right now.

I'm in Arizona, and it's on at six, in just over an hour, and again at seven. They are rebroadcasting Teena Marie after it.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-14-2015 at 07:43 PM.

I love the details they went to with the music and it was nice to see vintage Rick James & Lady Tee onstage! I can see what they meant about them getting into a musical "fight" onstage.

One of the best episodes of Unsung yet! Showed different sides of Rick James that I and I am sure many in the public did not know.

I knew them, but, to be honest, I got more out of the Teena Marie unsung that aired right after. I actually teared up when she said she had to sell two of her most expensive guitars to buy Christmas presents for her kids.

I had no idea Rick James was freebasing.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-15-2015 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I knew them, but, to be honest, I got more out of the Teena Marie undung that aired right after. I actually teared up when she said she had to sell two of her most expensive guitars to buy Christmas presents for her kids.

I had no idea Rick James was freebasing.
    I missed Teena's episode. Watched part 2 of "The Book of Negroes" which is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I missed Teena's episode. Watched part 2 of "The Book of Negroes" which is excellent!
    Well, the Teena Marie episode is on again in 45 minutes.

Rick James is a reminder of what drugs can do to you. You see all these people who made it through it, but you don't see what they go through today as a result of their days of using, if they are still alive, because most manage to keep their problems hidden. Premature aging is the least of it. Lung cancer, heart damage, tissue damage, and the destruction of the bones are the most common. And, for women, they risk destruction of the reproductive organs. For men, it's impotence. And, let's not even get into drug-induced mental illness.

It's best to stay far away from drugs. You may know people who survived it, but you may not be so lucky.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-15-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Unfortunately I don't get this station...I hope both episodes are available to stream eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by marymary View Post
    Unfortunately I don't get this station...I hope both episodes are available to stream eventually!
    I find that it's hard to find online episodes. And, if you're looking for back episodes, those are very hard to come by.

All this time I did not realize that TV One was carried by my cable company Cox Cable. But, I stumbled on it just in time to see the Rick james episode. And, since Cox has an on-demand feature, I was able to watch the one about the Emotions, too. My next one will be Wilson Pickett.

Quote Originally Posted by marymary View Post
    . hope both episodes are available to stream eventually!
    Here is the Rick James episode : http://tvone.tv/16131/unsung-exclusive-rick-james/

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Cool. Just one thing: watch it quick, because they don't seem to keep entire episodes up for long. I'd like to have seen the one with Ray Parker Jr., but it doesn't come up on their site. The preview didn't even work.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Cool. Just one thing: watch it quick, because they don't seem to keep entire episodes up for long. I'd like to have seen the one with Ray Parker Jr., but it doesn't come up on their site. The preview didn't even work.
    I saw the one on Ray Parker Jr. when it aired. It was good. He was a good subject b ut it felt like they ran out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I saw the one on Ray Parker Jr. when it aired. It was good. He was a good subject b ut it felt like they ran out of time.
    I don't know why I didn't think to look for them on YouTube.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-20-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Thank you very much! Definitely what I am going to be watching tonight...