[REMOVE ADS]

Rip andrae' crouch

Sad to announce the passing of mulit- Grammy award winning gospel artist Andrae Crouch. It was his music and the music of the Hawkins Family that made me fall in love with gospel music. May he rest in peace as his music continue sto live on and bless the nation. Name:  andraecrouch.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  54.0 KB

I remember the hell he caught from the christian community in 1981 for signing with a major label [[Warner Brothers).

A talented artist who inspired so many other Gospel Singers, only saw him live once and such warmth, RIP.

A light has went out in our World and the sad part is that many do not even know it.........

When I think of him, I think of him as the father of the "rebirth" in Gospel music. He wrote and recorded songs that were very popular with the masses and especially young people. Several of his compositions are now considered traditional hymns. I loved his work. Rest in peace Andre. Thank you.

Marv
    }
    Last edited by marv2; 01-09-2015 at 12:39 PM.

More on the passing of Andrae Crouch:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a770e...figure-dies-72

Andrae Crouch was a step beyond [[and better) than everybody else in his arrangements. So many have copied elements of what he created that he should be given royalties for 50% of what plays on contemporary gospel radio. Rest in peace.

His last great gift..........

Heaven had a new choir director. Mr crouch is home with his maker and Heaven is rejoicing.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lmGiu9JfbIs

praise Jesus.

Roberta

Here's a great concert from 1983. One of the greatest gospel lyricists of our time

My heart is heavy over the passing of Andrae Crouch. He was part of the song track of my life. His songs ministered to my soul, and being a part of numerous gospel ensembles back in the day, I got the opportunity to sing so many of his beautiful songs. Singer, songwriter, arranger, producer; what a major lost to the entire music community. My condolences goes out to the family, especially his twin sister Sandra who really took care of her brother. Sleep In Peace Brother Andrae!

http://youtu.be/OZxyZ888jfY
    Last edited by nysister; 01-11-2015 at 05:59 AM.

One of his last recordings....SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    His last great gift..........

Definitely a favorite marv2

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Definitely a favorite marv2
    It is already being sung regularly in churches around the country Glen. The loss of Andrae Crouch is huge!

I've known atheists who loved his music. That should tell folks how powerful Andrae's
    influence was. A lot of what passes itself off as gospel music these last 20 years or so does
    diddly squat for me but I'll be nice and just say RIP, Mr Crouch, you'll be missed...