[REMOVE ADS]

Question The Supremes has ever performed High Energy on TV?

The Supremes ever Performed High Energy on TV? It's a great song, and reached the # 9 position on the US Billboard Dance / Disco in 1976, they should have sung this song on TV

Although in poor quality and to be a demo, this is the best version of the song for me, since it was already recorded by Scherrie before Susaye join the group, Cindy made this demo, but the vocals stayed to Susaye at the end of accounts

Come on! I wanna know...

i'm not aware of it being used in any US appearances. of course there's the Jazz Festival in Montreaux with MSS and they do High Energy there. it's sometimes floating around youtube. i'm assuming that show was broadcast on tv since the bootlegs of it going around a fairly good quality.

that's the only live version i know if. I have a copy of MSS live at Bachelors III in Ft Lauderdale in mid-76. in Mary's book she writes about how ticket sales were so slow that sometimes they'd only do 1 show a night. i don't recall if they did HE there but i don't think they did.

they did Come Into My Life on Soul Train on 1/1/77. but the little bit of shows i've heard live around that time don't include it. the other Susaye songs in the show were He Aint Heavy and then by the time of the farewell she was doing that Stevie Wonder song. not sure if they rotated other solos in for her or not

A Copy in video of their show at Bachelor III?

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    A Copy in video of their show at Bachelor III?
    the audio has been floating around. no video

It's on youtube?

I saw The Supremes at Bachelor's III in Ft. Lauderdale. I was living in Miami at the time. It was a full house the night I saw them....mid-76. They did High Energy, but, I don't remember them using the red scarves in their choreography as they did in the Jazz Festival one....which is the only video I've ever seen of the song performed. Florence had recently passed and Mary did a nice tribute to her and sang "How Lucky Can You Get". Susaye about tore the roof off! Fantastic show!

A great way to pay tribute to our beloved Florence Ballard, rest in peace

Hi everyone, There has been lots of talk about the unreleased Cindy leads from the High Energy LP. I'm not sure if this has been pointed out before but there are no High Energy "demos" with Cindy singing lead. The songs with Cindy singing lead were recorded just for fun in J. Randy Taraborrelli's living room on a Karaoke type machine in 1978. They were just fooling around. The "High Energy" posted above is obviously several generations down and is very sped up. Cindy took the tapes because she didn't want them to circulate but somehow I guess some of them got out. That's Scherrie and Freda Payne singing background. They had some of the instrumental tracks from "High Energy". Scherrie and Freda also recorded songs that night. Again - it was just some pasta and meatballs and singing some songs for fun!

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Hi everyone, There has been lots of talk about the unreleased Cindy leads from the High Energy LP. I'm not sure if this has been pointed out before but there are no High Energy "demos" with Cindy singing lead. The songs with Cindy singing lead were recorded just for fun in J. Randy Taraborrelli's living room on a Karaoke type machine in 1978. They were just fooling around. The "High Energy" posted above is obviously several generations down and is very sped up. Cindy took the tapes because she didn't want them to circulate but somehow I guess some of them got out. That's Scherrie and Freda Payne singing background. They had some of the instrumental tracks from "High Energy". Scherrie and Freda also recorded songs that night. Again - it was just some pasta and meatballs and singing some songs for fun!
    Was that the night Scherrie sang "He's My Massa"?

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    I saw The Supremes at Bachelor's III in Ft. Lauderdale. I was living in Miami at the time. It was a full house the night I saw them....mid-76. They did High Energy, but, I don't remember them using the red scarves in their choreography as they did in the Jazz Festival one....which is the only video I've ever seen of the song performed. Florence had recently passed and Mary did a nice tribute to her and sang "How Lucky Can You Get". Susaye about tore the roof off! Fantastic show!
    I remember Bachelors III! It was a great place. I saw the Pointer Sisters there when they were still wearing their vintage costumes. They had lots of long tables. I remember I went there alone when I was on Spring Break escaping the Detroit winter. I didn't know anyone and of course I got seated at a table with lots of people I didn't know. They were great though, they kept pouring liquor in my coke because I think I was only 18 at the time and couldn't buy alcohol! Of course, those were the days when I guess you could trust someone to spike your drink but not put anything else in it but rum!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I remember Bachelors III! It was a great place. I saw the Pointer Sisters there when they were still wearing their vintage costumes. They had lots of long tables. I remember I went there alone when I was on Spring Break escaping the Detroit winter. I didn't know anyone and of course I got seated at a table with lots of people I didn't know. They were great though, they kept pouring liquor in my coke because I think I was only 18 at the time and couldn't buy alcohol! Of course, those were the days when I guess you could trust someone to spike your drink but not put anything else in it but rum!
    Great memories, Kenneth! I, also, saw The Pointer Sisters at Bachelor's III! Though, when I saw them, they were down to 3 and was not in those retro dresses. I was disappointed as there was no Bonnie and their outfits looked like satin pant suits with musical notes on. Still, they were great and as I remember, had one hell of a band. Bachelor's is long gone. I think Joe Namath was a part owner.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I have that on CD. It's an import 3 CD set called "The Supremes....Triple Treasures". It's recordings of various line-ups of The FLOS. I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing when I heard Scherrie sing that! LOL! You can hear them all laughing in the background at the end of the recording! Wonder who's idea it was putting that one together? Someone had a sense of humor!

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Great memories, Kenneth! I, also, saw The Pointer Sisters at Bachelor's III! Though, when I saw them, they were down to 3 and was not in those retro dresses. I was disappointed as there was no Bonnie and their outfits looked like satin pant suits with musical notes on. Still, they were great and as I remember, had one hell of a band. Bachelor's is long gone. I think Joe Namath was a part owner.
    You know, I think you are right. I think when I saw them at Michigan State they were in their retro dresses because a lot of people in the audience were also dressed in vintage clothing. I think at Bachelor's III they were dressed in modern clothes, now that I think of it, though I don't remember what they looked like.

I do recall hearing that Namath was a part owner. What a fun place. I had a blast!

These are the gowns Mary, Scherrie and Susaye wore when I saw them
    at Bachelor's III. They looked fabulous, indeed!

Name:  1504625_1076925492332981_3719841643241238305_n.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  39.3 KB

Mary, Scherrie and Susaye on the Raindrop Gowns in 1977

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    No Marv, Scherrie did that in the 90's. You can hear Lynda laughing at the end of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    Name:  1504625_1076925492332981_3719841643241238305_n.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  39.3 KB

Mary, Scherrie and Susaye on the Raindrop Gowns in 1977
    That's it, Weslley! Thanks for the memories!