[REMOVE ADS]

honest man Guest

Diana Ross anymore Motown UNRELEASED songs left

Hello people, with the EXpanded Baby It's Me release completed, [the last of her expanded releases]got me thinking are there anymore unreleased Diana Ross Motown songs left in the vault,,as i think we have had them all.would i be right.Though i would love solo takes by both artists from the Diana and Marvin set.i think we have had all the Motown material. anyone know different ,cheers.

I remember reading in Right On! Magazine [[as I date myself) about a song Diana had recorded in the mid-to-late '70s entitled "The Most Important Person." Does anyone have any information about this track? I would think it would have surfaced by now.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I remember reading in Right On! Magazine [[as I date myself) about a song Diana had recorded in the mid-to-late '70s entitled "The Most Important Person." Does anyone have any information about this track? I would think it would have surfaced by now.
    I remember that as well. The song was recorded by the 5th Dimension and was on their 1978 Motown LP, "Star Dancing." The complete title was "You Are The Most Important Person In Your Life." If Diana did record a version of this song, hopefully it will be included on an expanded Ross 1978...
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 01-13-2015 at 07:38 AM.

i would assume there's still some unreleased material. in addition to entire shows that are in the vaults, there was material cut from the Caesar Palace show [[it was originally slatted to be a double lp) and a song or two from the Evening With diana. There are also versions of tracks from Ross 78. and there could be alt versions of songs from a few of the albums that "sort of" got expanded editions. Diana Ross, The Boss and diana were Deluxe editions and all compiled prior to Hip-O's Expanded Editions. obviously they contain additional tracks but they might not have been packaged to be the exhaustive collection of songs from that lp or period. i don't personally know of other tracks but there could be new songs or alt versions of songs

Yes there is more... And we hope to get it to the fans in the near future.

I would love to hear alternate takes, or un-released songs from The Boss album.

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    I remember that as will. The song was recorded by the 5th Dimension and was on their 1978 Motown LP, "Star Dancing." The complete title was "You Are The Most Important Person In Your Life." If Diana did record a version of this song, hopefully it will be included on an expanded Ross 1978...
    Thanks, noplace! I thought I had dreamt that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    This should ensure the continued health of the SD Forum and of MJ's Radio Show for at least another year!

Thanks, Andy. That is great news!

honest man Guest
    Great news just thought all unreleased songs were included on Deluxe versions.will there be studio recordings and not live,remixes etc.Sounds great if original studio recordings.cheers.

All the deluxe versions have not yet been released. Were still waiting for Ross 78.