[REMOVE ADS]

Original LP bargains in London store

I called into the Fopp store at Cambridge Circus in London today and they have come across some original US LP sealed pressings of:

"Power" - The Temptations
    "To Be Continued" - The Temptations
    "Truly For You" - The Temptations
    "In The Pocket" - The Commodores

plus "The Wanderer" Donna Summer, "The Music Band" War, "Friends" [[I think - can't remember now and didn't write it down!) - Dionne Warwick and a Herman's Hermits album .

All selling at £3 each!! There are around six or so copies of each title - so hurry if you're interested. They're on one of the ground floor racks near the checkout.

It's always so fun to find LPs at bargain prices, even if you already have them.

I was at our local Goodwill store yesterday and bought 5 Teena Marie albums [[2 on Motown, 3 on Epic) and 3 Donna Summer albums [[all on Geffen, I think). They were only 75 cents each and all in pretty good shape.

On Ebay lately, I bought an album lot just to get a copy of the Elgins "Darling Baby" in stereo. The whole lot was only $22. In addition to the Elgins [[which was not a Mint copy, but I'd say VG +) it included The Dells "There Is," Tymes "Wonderful Tymes," and the Impressions "Greatest Hits," in addition to a couple others. I felt the lot was worth the price alone just for the Elgins' LP. Of course, it doesn't compare to when I first bought the album at a discount store in Detroit, a still sealed, copy for 88 cents! That was actually how I built my entire collection including all the early Marvelettes, Mary Wells and Miracles titles.

Latest Motown LP bargain buys [[ $1 or less!), "playable" enough condition too!

- The Motown Sound: A Collection of 16 Original Big Hits, Vol.6
    - Thelma Houston, The Devil In Me
    - Four Tops, Back Where I Belong