[REMOVE ADS]




Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 51
  1. #1

    Exclamation Diana Ross and The Supremes - ARRID EXTRA DRY DEODERANT COMMERCIAL

    Does anyone have this footage?
    Name:  1234898_679792698726293_1252928362_n.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  22.7 KB
    Name:  1532126_825264667512428_3747546138177477095_n.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  26.1 KB
    Name:  1911794_684848338220729_506220988_n.jpg
Views: 1212
Size:  25.3 KB
    Name:  10606457_764698980235664_7656005646748054258_n.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  26.5 KB

  2. #2
    Those are obviously screen captures, so somebody has it. If someone would just put it up!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Those are obviously screen captures, so somebody has it. If someone would just put it up!
    Here here Jillfoster cause we know if you had it youd share it.

    bless you dear.

    Roberta

  4. #4
    I have it on an original 8 (or 16?) mm reel that I had transferred to VHS years ago. I never transferred it again to DVD. My copy looks better than those stills. I wondered why they were singing IHAS instead of their current hit Reflections. I'll need a few days to find and transfer it. I'll post the Youtube link after the new year.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    I have it on an original 8 (or 16?) mm reel that I had transferred to VHS years ago. I never transferred it again to DVD. My copy looks better than those stills. I wondered why they were singing IHAS instead of their current hit Reflections. I'll need a few days to find and transfer it. I'll post the Youtube link after the new year.
    OMG! You made my day! Thank's Johnny! Thank you so much!!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    I have it on an original 8 (or 16?) mm reel that I had transferred to VHS years ago. I never transferred it again to DVD. My copy looks better than those stills. I wondered why they were singing IHAS instead of their current hit Reflections. I'll need a few days to find and transfer it. I'll post the Youtube link after the new year.

    Thank you dear johnnyraven. I look forward to seeing this clip.

    Yours, with every good wish.

    Roberta

  7. #7
    Yes, this will be something very special to view, johnny_raven. Diana Ross looks positively kittenish in the photos above and to see the clip would make for a very special New Year's present!

  8. #8
    I remember seeing The Supremes TV commercial for Arrid Deodorant back in the day when it was originally aired. The girls were on stage -- under the hot stage lights -- singing "I Hear A Symphony". The performance was elegant and electrifying, and super classy! (However, I could have sworn that I remember Cindy being positioned on the left, not the right. Maybe there was more than one version of the commercial being shown? )

  9. #9
    Gary - You may well be right about the positioning. But I haven't seen the commercial since it first aired, so I'm not certain. As sometimes happens in printing a photo, the image is flipped and perhaps that's what happened wherever these photos are from. I've flipped it here:

    Attachment 8872

    Johnny R. - Good luck with the transfer. Really looking forward to it. I'm 'sweatin' ' it out already. (Where's that can of Arrid when I need it?!)

    I'm just glad they didn't try something like "Love Is Like A Sweating In My Pits."

    And Weslley, thank you so much for the great photos. A big rush to see.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 12-29-2014 at 11:36 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Gary - You may well be right about the positioning. But I haven't seen the commercial since it first aired, so I'm not certain. As sometimes happens in printing a photo, the image is flipped and perhaps that's what happened wherever these photos are from. I've flipped it here:

    Attachment 8872

    Johnny R. - Good luck with the transfer. Really looking forward to it. I'm 'sweatin' ' it out already. (Where's that can of Arrid when I need it?!)

    I'm just glad they didn't try something like "Love Is Like A Sweating In My Pits."

    And Weslley, thank you so much for the great photos. A big rush to see.
    You're Welcome!

  11. #11
    With her shoulders and arms back, Ross is truly at her slinkiest. Quite a dish.

  12. #12
    Hey Methuselah2, long time no talk! Thanks for the mirror-imaged flip, but the photo still looks nothing like what I remember. The dresses in the photos above look like Flo-era gowns. The gowns in the Arrid commercial seemed more Cindy-era elegant and glamorous (at least to my 17-year-old eyes at the time). Also, as I recall, the scene was shot from a totally different angle. The camera was at floor level to the audience's left, aimed up at Cindy, Diana and Mary. At the end of "I Hear A Symphony", when the girls raised their arms to the Heaven's for that final, glorious, harmonized note, the camera focused a close-up shot of Cindy's armpit which, despite the hot, smokey stage lighting, was fresh and dry as a cucumber -- Arrid fresh, of course!!! (And here's a great big 1960's-style WINK for ya!!! Ha-Ha!!!) Seriously, the scene was pure Motown class and goosebump-worthy. I can hardly wait to see it again! - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-30-2014 at 01:29 AM.

  13. #13
    And now we return, once again, to "Attack of the Gowns"--

    Gary - I'll venture a guess that the halter bib gowns in the commercial are these:

    Attachment 8873

  14. #14
    "How Long Has That Evening Gown Been Gone?"

  15. #15
    Going Gown For The Third Time......

  16. #16
    "Put Yourself In My Gown"

  17. #17
    No, Meth - It's "How Long Has That Evening Gown Been WORN?"

  18. #18
    "I Want a Gown"

  19. #19
    Yes, those gowns look just like the ones they wore on Sullivan back in '66 when they performed YCHL and the Symphony medley.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    No, Meth - It's "How Long Has That Evening Gown Been WORN?"
    You are so right, Johnny. 'Worn' is better.

    "Nothing But Strapless"

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    And now we return, once again, to "Attack of the Gowns"--

    Gary - I'll venture a guess that the halter bib gowns in the commercial are these:

    Attachment 8873
    That's more like it, Meth. Glamorous like this (or, at least, similar to this.)

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    I have it on an original 8 (or 16?) mm reel that I had transferred to VHS years ago. I never transferred it again to DVD. My copy looks better than those stills. I wondered why they were singing IHAS instead of their current hit Reflections. I'll need a few days to find and transfer it. I'll post the Youtube link after the new year.
    Great, Johnny!!! Your'e a champ!

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    Yes, those gowns look just like the ones they wore on Sullivan back in '66 when they performed YCHL and the Symphony medley.
    They are the dark blue ones they wore on Andy Williams.

  24. #24
    I guess Smokey was upset about these gowns so much that he wrote.... Tears Of A Gown...

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    I guess Smokey was upset about these gowns so much that he wrote.... Tears Of A Gown...
    Good one, Rovereab!

    "Back In My Gown Again"

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    "I Want a Gown"
    Antceleb - That would have been a great subtitle for Mary Wilson's exhibit!

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    They are the dark blue ones they wore on Andy Williams.
    Ahh, yes, those.

    Their unreleased B-side to "The Happening:" "All I Know About Gowns."

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Antceleb - That would have been a great subtitle for Mary Wilson's exhibit!
    HA. Or, for her books:

    "Dreamgown: My Life in a Gown"
    "Supreme Gowns: Someday We'll Be in Gowns"

  29. #29
    LOL! Dreamgown: My Life in a Gown!!

  30. #30
    The Beetles, during the British Invasion of the USA in the 60s, celebrated The Supremes clothing with the song...... Don't Bring Me Gown....

  31. #31
    My Gown Came Today!!

  32. #32
    I remember the commercial on TV, but it seems it was Florence in the commercial. They WERE doing the ending of Symphony, however, I figured it was filmed before she left as Cindy was already in the group at the time I saw it. However, I may be wrong.

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    That's more like it, Meth. Glamorous like this (or, at least, similar to this.)
    Hope Diana has put on her Arid Extra Dry for this shot !!

  34. #34
    Where did our gown go?..

  35. #35
    I Want A Gown - 1962
    Some Gowns You Never Get Used To - 1968
    My World Is Empty Without Gowns - 1966
    My Favorite Gown - 1966
    I Guess I'll Miss The Gown - 1972
    Nothing But Gowns - 1965
    Stop! In The Name of Gowns! - 1965
    A Breathtaking Gown - 1963
    Gown Came Today - 1968
    Last edited by Weslley Francisco; 12-31-2014 at 10:26 AM.

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    I Want A Gown - 1962
    Some Gowns You Never Get Used To - 1968
    My World Is Empty Without Gowns - 1966
    My Favorite Gown - 1966
    I Guess I'll Miss The Gown - 1972
    Nothing But Gowns - 1965
    Stop! In The Name of Gowns! - 1965
    A Breathtaking Gown - 1963
    Gown Came Today - 1968
    Don't forget...
    You Can't Hurry Gowns
    No Matter What Gown Is On
    Love Is Here And My Gown Is Gone
    Alterations
    In And Out Of Gowns
    Up The Ladder To My Gown
    The Gown Will Come Between Sunday And Monday
    You're Wonderful Sweet Sweet Gown
    Bad Beading
    Early Morning Gown
    Gown, I Never Knew You Could Feel So Good

    Aren't all these the lost singles Shantel Baker sang on after she took over the lead from Freda Payne?

  37. #37
    I believe there was also 'Stoned Gowns,' but those were MUCH to heavy for poor Diana - the REAL reason she left the Supremes!

    'I'm Gonna Let My Gown Do the Walking' was a modest hit in Japan.

    Then, of course, there was the most famous gown-wearing Supreme - Betty McGown!

  38. #38
    Love Is Like An Itching In My Gown...
    Let Me Go The Right Gown...
    I'm Gonna Make You A Gown...
    You're My Gown Wheel...
    Come Into My Gown...
    Everybody's Got The Right To Have A Gown...
    Beach Gown...
    Buttered Gown...
    Last edited by Weslley Francisco; 12-31-2014 at 11:30 AM.

  39. #39
    We are getting so revved up to see that commercial, ain't we?!!

  40. #40
    I'm really anxious to see it !!! I've heard much about this commercial! Another commercial that I would love to see is the commercial of The Supremes wigs line in 1972...

    Name:  THE SUPREMES 'Somewhere' from IN JAPAN! 1972 - YouTube.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  20.1 KB Name:  White Label -- Jean 1 (The Supremes Remix) - YouTube.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  13.3 KB

  41. #41
    Up The Ladder (Stockings) To The Gown?

  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    I'm really anxious to see it !!! I've heard much about this commercial! Another commercial that I would love to see is the commercial of The Supremes wigs line in 1972...

    Name:  THE SUPREMES 'Somewhere' from IN JAPAN! 1972 - YouTube.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  20.1 KB Name:  White Label -- Jean 1 (The Supremes Remix) - YouTube.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  13.3 KB
    Weslley, they actually had two different commercial spots for the Supremes wigs. They aired throughout 1973.

  43. #43
    antceleb12, "Betty McGown" wins the internet.

  44. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Weslley, they actually had two different commercial spots for the Supremes wigs. They aired throughout 1973.
    I know Marv, on this that i showed, they are singing: I Guess I'll Miss The Man, with these altered Chandelier Gowns from 1967, and on the other comercial they are using the Farewell Gowns from 1970, and singing: Stoned Love

  45. #45
    Happy new year Everybody!!

  46. #46
    If I am not mistaken, there is a commerical out there (for the American Heart Association (?)), that features DMC, but they are lipsynching to DMF live.

  47. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    If I am not mistaken, there is a commerical out there (for the American Heart Association (?)), that features DMC, but they are lipsynching to DMF live.
    That was on YouTube awhile ago. They were lip syncing the hits medley from the may 67 cops show

  48. #48
    Check out these excerpts of The Supremes Wigs Line Commercial from 1973


  49. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    Love Is Like An Itching In My Gown...
    Let Me Go The Right Gown...
    I'm Gonna Make You A Gown...
    You're My Gown Wheel...
    Come Into My Gown...
    Everybody's Got The Right To Have A Gown...
    Beach Gown...
    Buttered Gown...
    "Itching In My Gown"!!! Good one, Wes!!! - Gary

  50. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    If I am not mistaken, there is a commerical out there (for the American Heart Association (?)), that features DMC, but they are lipsynching to DMF live.
    I think that was CRUSADE '68.

    Later, SMC did a commercial for the AHA with the song YOU CAN LIVE WITH IT BABY.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.