[REMOVE ADS]

Soul Christmas album by Stax/Atlantic artists

Happy holidays all! Below is a link to an article I wrote about the 1968 Soul Christmas album featuring Stax and Atlantic artists. Hope you enjoy and Merry Christmas to everyone and a prosperous 2015!

http://soultrain.com/2014/12/22/clas...oul-christmas/

Cool - thanks! Would like to get my hands on a copy of the CD now!

Unfortunately, the CD or stereo version of Gee Whiz, It's Christmas by Carla Thomas is not as good as the mono 45rpm. On the single, her voice was overdubbed vocally by her, giving it a much better sound.

By the way, you did a nice article!

Great article. I remember my father playing this album every Xmas when I was a child.

Quote Originally Posted by rrussi View Post
    Unfortunately, the CD or stereo version of Gee Whiz, It's Christmas by Carla Thomas is not as good as the mono 45rpm. On the single, her voice was overdubbed vocally by her, giving it a much better sound.
    I agree. When I heard the overdubbed version, I was pleasantly surprised and wondered where I could find it. I now have it on the SOUL CHRISTMAS cd released by Atlantic in 1991. It contains selections from the SOUL CHRISTMAS album along with other Xmas tracks from the Drifters, the Sweet Inspirations, and Luther Vandross.

I have that CD too, Reese "Merry Christmas Baby" by Otis Redding is too cool... I mean that is STAX.