[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    That doesn't seem like Barbara Terry-Bynum is Barbara Martin, even though Barbara T-B says she sang on the Primettes record "Tears of Sorrow." I thought Barbara Martin had no association with show business after leaving the Supremes. It's also odd that this Barbara never refers to herself as "formerly known as" Barbara Martin, or any such thing. This lady seems like she'd talk more about it if she were really a Supreme. But how would she happen to have sung on "Tears of Sorrow?"

Does anyone know the history of this clip?

It's also interesting that Wiki says Barbara Martin didn't even sing on "Tears of Sorrow," that she was only on the Motown version of the original single.

Lu Pine version

Motown version

The Barbara in the video above seems to have credibility but it's really difficult to believe she sang on the Primettes record when you consider these things together.
    That is Barbara Randolph [[her maiden name) of Detroit in this video and this video should now go into the Sub-Forum.
    Last edited by marv2; 06-15-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billywilson View Post
    Hello everyone. Barbara Diane Martin is dead. The exact date is not currently known, but I recently acquired ALL of her personal items from a storage sale! Officially she went under Diane Martin officially. She also worked with and for Motown up to the 80's when Motown was bought. As many of you know, she was the 4th original member of the SUPREMES. She left because she had gotten pregnant! The grueling traveling & touring would have been very tough for her at the time, even though her then husband was ok with her being with the group.
    We [[The Motown Alumni Association) will be selling some of her BELONGINGS on: http://MotorcityBourique.com, and http://Offerup.com. We will also offer a letter of authenticity with each item sold, where it come from and how we acquired the possessions. For those of you that don't know who I am, I'm Billy Wilson, president of the Motown Alumni Association. We are the biggest advocacy group for the Motown stars in the world, and have been in business since 1995. You can contact me at:
    Mybillybilly@yahoo.com
    Hi Billy,
    That is a shame and sad to hear. This is the first I have heard that she worked for Motown. Everything everyone has said in the past was she distanced herself from that life. Its good to know that she remained somewhat connected with Motown. Truly not here to create any rumors but she could be on more background vocals for other singers that we are unaware of. I would curious to know what items are being sold.

Wikipedia reports her currently as being 75 years old.

Very informative.
    Barbara Terry Bynum mentions having been married to Mike Terry.
    I wonder if that's Mike Terry of the Funk Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Very informative.
    Barbara Terry Bynum mentions having been married to Mike Terry.
    I wonder if that's Mike Terry of the Funk Brothers.
    Yes she was married to Mike Terry musician with the Funk Brothers.

Heads up!
    Apparently we made a mistake, but it was an honest mistake.
    Barbara IS NOT DEAD!
    Let me explain:
    A storage company sold a wealth of furniture, jewelry, and papers, and other items to a used furnature & clothes dealer, and that person gave most of the items to me. Within that aura of items was a tremendous reference of Motown, Motown executives, and pictures of select individuals. Amongst that group of items was a gold record belonging to DIANE MARTIN. The gold record was given to DIANE MARTIN. This DIANE MARTIN along with pictures, gold records, and other intricate information by appearances lead to the only Diane Martin we knew of. There is no other reference we can find refering to this individual. Mary Wilson called me directly and informed me that SHE IS NOT DEAD! And throughout the decades they have been in communication constantly. In this Diane's phone book she also has the phone numbers, birthdays, and addresses to virtually all of the California Motowners. So, obviously everything is on hold for us. Nothing will be sold or exchanged or rendered until we find out WHO IS THIS BARBARA DIANE MARTIN!
    Bottom line is Barbara Diane Martin is NOT DEAD, and is alive and doing fine. My bad!!!!
    I will keep this blog informed on the mystery of this individual. As I go through more of the dressers, items, and papers, I will clear up this MYSTERY. Also, because we have only seen Martin in only 2 photo's in over 50 years, we don't have a good reference to go by. So, when information that relates to individuals with a simular name, tight connection to Motown record company, and autographs and pictures of numerous Motown celebrities, mistakes do happen. We apologize to Barbara and her family if we caused any inconvenience. But, I will look deep into this drama. I'll be back!!!!
    Billy Wilson

I left the recanted message nelow, but I will also put it here:

Heads up!
    Barbara IS NOT DEAD!
    Let me explain:
    A storage company sold a wealth of furniture, jewelry, and papers, and other items to a used furnature & clothes dealer, and that person gave most of the items to me. Within that aura of items was a tremendous reference of Motown, Motown executives, and pictures of select individuals. Amongst that group of items was a gold record belonging to DIANE MARTIN. The gold record was given to DIANE MARTIN. This DIANE MARTIN along with pictures, gold records, and other intricate information by appearances lead to the only Diane Martin we knew of. There is no other reference we can find refering to this individual. Mary Wilson called me directly and informed me that SHE IS NOT DEAD! And throughout the decades they have been in communication constantly. In this Diane's phone book she also has the phone numbers, birthdays, and addresses to virtually all of the California Motowners. So, obviously everything is on hold for us. Nothing will be sold or exchanged or rendered until we find out WHO IS THIS BARBARA DIANE MARTIN!
    Bottom line is Barbara Diane Martin is NOT DEAD, and is alive and doing fine. My bad!!!!
    I will keep this blog informed on the mystery of this individual. As I go through more of the dressers, items, and papers, I will clear up this MYSTERY. Also, because we have only seen Martin in only 2 photo's in over 50 years, we don't have a good reference to go by. So, when information that relates to individuals with a simular name, tight connection to Motown record company, and autographs and pictures of numerous Motown celebrities, mistakes do happen. We apologize to Barbara and her family if we caused any inconvenience. But, I will look deep into this drama. I'll be back!!!!
    Billy Wilson

By the way, I knew Barbara Randolph personally. Barbara Randolph WAS married to Mike Terry [[who I knew personally too), and she did briefly sang background on some Primette recordings. She was not considered an official member of the Primettes.

Barbara Randolph! Don't you mean Barbara Martin?

I left the recanted message nelow, but I will also put it here:

Heads up!
    Barbara IS NOT DEAD!
    Let me explain:
    Billy Wilson

Hey Billy no problem. How are you doing? It has been a long time. Marv

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    No, I do mean Barbara Randolph, not to be confused with the actress/singer that once worked with the Platters. This is a different Barbara Randolph from Detroit who later married Mike Terry.

By the way, I knew Barbara Randolph personally. Barbara Randolph WAS married to Mike Terry [[who I knew personally too), and she did briefly sang background on some Primette recordings. She was not considered an official member of the Primettes.
    Exactly Billy. Are you going to see the Jacksons this weekend in Detroit?

Barbara has arisen. AKA is NOT dead.

Barbara Randolph?? Oh my I'm confused! Are there two Barbara Randolphs? Wait is Barbara Martin the same person as Barbara Randolph [[not the "I Got A Feeling" lady)? And who is Diane Martin??

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Barbara Randolph?? Oh my I'm confused! Are there two Barbara Randolphs? Wait is Barbara Martin the same person as Barbara Randolph [[not the "I Got A Feeling" lady)? And who is Diane Martin??
    Read my post just a little above for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Read my post just a little above for the answer
    So there were two Barbara Randolphs!

But I think copley was asking 'don't you mean Barbara Martin?' to Billy's post about Barbara Randolph. Wow I'm still confused.

Barbara Randolph and Barbara Martin are two different people.

Yes I know Marv but Billy said that Barbara Randolph was married to Mike Terry! Are there two completely different Barbara Randolph's? The one I know is of course the Motown one who was married to Eddie Singleton.

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yckkasg9

Yes I know Marv but Billy said that Barbara Randolph was married to Mike Terry! Are there two completely different Barbara Randolph's? The one I know is of course the Motown one who was married to Eddie Singleton.

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yckkasg9
    Yes Barbara Randolph of Detroit that recorded with the Primettes was married to Mike Terry of the Funk Brothers. Barbara Randolph, singer and actress [[small part in "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner) and also sang with the Platters and is now deceased are two different women.

This is the other Barbara Randolph:

Here she is leading the Platters in the 1960s

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    She may not have gone on to fame and fortune, but perhaps she made the best decision for her own personal happiness: all of the girls to varying degrees and especially Florence, have had lives fraught with hardship, heartache and sadness, yet Barbera is still with the man and the family she chose over being a star, and I would say good for her. Sure she wonders about the "what ifs" but out of all the other girls, her life seems the most stable, especially in comparison to Mary losing her son and a dear friend, Diana getting anorexia and being taken in by a predatory older man, Cindy ending up in poverty and contemplating suicide, and lord certainly more then the cruelties Florence had to endure in her short life.

Felt sad when I read that Betty McGlown died of diabetes, I've only seen one photo of her but lord was she an attractive woman in her youth.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yes Barbara Randolph of Detroit that recorded with the Primettes was married to Mike Terry of the Funk Brothers. Barbara Randolph, singer and actress [[small part in "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner) and also sang with the Platters and is now deceased are two different women.
    Thanks Marv. I never knew that there were two Barbara Randolph's both from Detroit.

Thanks Marv. I never knew that there were two Barbara Randolph's both from Detroit.
    You are welcome Copley.