[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I believe The Marvelettes also appeared on "Hollywood A Go Go".

Great. These ladies had IT. . Agree they should have continued with their rougher fun style! Where was this filmed?

luckylucky me! Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that video of the Marvelous Marvelettes! Wow! Wow! Wow! You just don't see too many videos of the ladies...so a grateful thanks to you!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    Yes, June 18, 1965, they did appear on Ready, Steady, Go!
    This question comes up every now and then. IMDB does in fact list an appearance on RSG! dated 18th June '65. I never saw it nor has anyone else seen it. So I'm asking again does anyone remember their RSG! performance? I am almost certain that it was never shown as happened to many performances when they ran out of time. Their appearance on 'TYLS' has been 100% confirmed and photos exist.

Name:  marvelettes-pic-tyls.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  75.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    This question comes up every now and then. IMDB does in fact list an appearance on RSG! dated 18th June '65. I never saw it nor has anyone else seen it. So I'm asking again does anyone remember their RSG! performance? I am almost certain that it was never shown as happened to many performances when they ran out of time. Their appearance on 'TYLS' has been 100% confirmed and photos exist.

Name:  marvelettes-pic-tyls.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  75.4 KB
    I watched RSG possibly every week it was on and never saw the Marvelettes

The G! visible on the camera in the photo can also been seen here on an image of the Supremes performing on RSG! In October 1965:

https://flashbak.com/weekend-starts-...-audience-164/

An image appears on the marvelettes fanpage on Facebook where they are wearing different costumes [[sorry unable to provide a link). It states they are performing on RSG [[incorrect date of 25th June 1965). It certainly looks like it could be the RSG studio, with someone seated who has the appearance of Cathy McGowan. Perhaps someone could post a link? Again, it could be that their appearances on the show were not aired due to timing constraints.

In Keith Rylatt’s book Hitsville – the birth of Tamla Motown, it states their first engagement upon arriving in UK was to record for that week’s Top of the Pops. They don’t appear in any TOTP episode guide [[likely airing 17/06/65) so either an error or possibly cut from the broadcast. There are some great photos in that book of the girls performing, signing autographs and chatting at a fans reception in a London pub. Apart from TYLS, they appeared on the radio shows Friday Spectacular and Top Gear.

I have a note that they appeared on All Systems Freeman on Jan. 19th. 1968. I imagine that this was a radio show. I believe that it was "Twistin` Postman" on American Bandstand.They performed "Too Many Fish In The Sea" on Musiek Terwijl U Werkt a Dutch TV show. There is video of this.